PDA

View Full Version : kill story of the year

TegCrazy
22-01-2004, 09:26 PM
i was at the runs on saturday night cos i didnt hav money to go out. the third race for the night was a new celica SX and a civic cxi or gli. guess wot boys the civic got him by a car length. it lookd funny cos the celica was all riced up and the civic look sooooo stock , even had hubbys on. :P

Chi
22-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Are you sure it was stock??

Did you check under the hood?

A'PEXi
22-01-2004, 09:40 PM
probarbly a sleeper :P... with a cxi/gli sticker on it

crx2gen
22-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Exactly. This kill story sucks.

ah789454
23-01-2004, 08:12 AM
its was stock as a rock cos they were parkd next to us and i heard them toking. they were killiing themselves laughing

euro77
23-01-2004, 10:05 AM
the celica is too heavy from eating too much rice

SLAVE
10-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Yeah, no biggy, I've destroyed a new celica in my dads company VX Commonwhore. Sad.

ginganggooly
10-02-2004, 01:29 PM
auto??
not the quickest car to come out of the toyota stable.

XXpl0Sive
10-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Respect to GT4s though :)

[[d a n n y]]
10-02-2004, 01:51 PM
toyota GT1 is the best mate... :P

XXpl0Sive
10-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Haha keep playing GT3 Danny
:) :) :) :) :)

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 04:04 PM
LOL@ben....

"new" celica SX? the new celica is the ZR isn't it?
The SX was like 91-96? model....
The Celica would eat him alive... and unless the SX driver was quadraplegic it should have.....
Maybe they ran first to 60km/h? :roll:

btw, even if it's true, how's that the "kill story of the year"? lol

Rowie
10-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Jon, the new celica ZR is VVTL-i. There are still new celica SX's which are only VVT.

the ZR just represents the variant (eg. Vti - Vti-R)

Rowie
10-02-2004, 04:32 PM
The ZR is the one to get if you were to buy a new celica :D

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Jon, the new celica ZR is VVTL-i. There are still new celica SX's which are only VVT.

the ZR just represents the variant (eg. Vti - Vti-R)

aaahhh....

ginganggooly
10-02-2004, 04:37 PM
afaik, all new oz delivered celicas come with the 2zz-ge (vvtli) motor.
the 1zz goes into corollas and new mr2.

dc2r
10-02-2004, 09:15 PM
From my understanding (my source is from a friend who actually bought a Celica and explained the difference to me) all new Celica's are either SX or ZR. The difference? ZR has ABS and some other crap (maybe a kit or something). But their engines are exactly the same.
Plus Celica's are not that fast really, and I would think that a Civic might be that little bit quicker down the quarter, also driver dependant.
And as far as respect to GT4's... why?

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 09:19 PM
:roll: ...... Umm dude, i haven't said anything about an ITR up against the ZR, i was merely referring to your comment that a base model civic might be "that little bit quicker down the quarter" than the Celica. I referred to that other thread to merely suggest that many ppl consider the ZR "close" to ITR standards in a few fields. If that is the case how can a Civic Gli be considered a fair chance against the ZR?

ginganggooly
10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
And as far as respect to GT4's... why?
because GT4>>ITR

dc2r
10-02-2004, 10:13 PM
ITR versus a Celica ZR? WTF? Hahahaha!!! Is there a competition there? Look out for the 16 second Celica! And the SX is probably faster than the ZR because it's less equipped, therefore lighter...
And a GT4 versus an ITR... please... :P

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 10:15 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2383

dc2r
10-02-2004, 10:40 PM
joneblaze... why did you post that thread on to here? It just shows that most ppl believe the ITR will beat the Celica easy... and it has nothing about GT4's in there either. In all seriousness, the Celica is not a 'race-bred' car where as the ITR comes out of factory as a race-bred car, hence Type Racing. The Celica is just another coupe for the daily drivers and people who jsut want to look cool. I think with the right kit and ride height Celica's are off the hook! But they don't go as good as they look.

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 11:03 PM
:roll: ...... Umm dude, i haven't said anything about an ITR up against the ZR, i was merely referring to your comment that a base model civic might be "that little bit quicker down the quarter" than the Celica. I referred to that other thread to merely suggest that many ppl consider the ZR "close" to ITR standards in a few fields. If that is the case how can a Civic Gli be considered a fair chance against the ZR?
If you read that thread carefully you'll see that common consensus is that the ITR bests the Celica, but they are sorta close in overall performance.

p.s: I haven't entered teh GT4 argument.. lol.

Rowie
10-02-2004, 11:13 PM
some of this is in the other thread.... but heres the qtr mile times.

2001 Integra TypeR - 15.1 secs
2001 Integra TypeR (jap spec) - 14.8 secs

2000 Celica ZR - 15.4secs
2000 Celica SX - 15.4secs

1999 Celica GT4 - 13.8

dc2r
10-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Sorry dude... have a bit of faith in your fellow Honda's man... The civic gli beat that riced celica. Is that not proof enough that there is potential in those cars? And I thought you were talking about the GT4 as you brought it up too. :)

dc2r
10-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Those quarters don't really mean anything in real life... How can you explain my story about keeping up with a Pulsar GTIR (yes those 13 second cars) TWICE? No flukes there... Obviously driver dependant too right?

ginganggooly
10-02-2004, 11:20 PM
oh here we go, the ITR is a race bred machine argument. :roll:

i think it's safe to say that the gt4 has quite a bit of rallying heritage behind it- so i guess it is a "race bred" car too. in fact, i'm trying to see what racing heritage the integra has under it's belt on the world scene? anything as prestigious as two WRC titles perhaps?
i think the "just another coupe" image applies just as much to the integra platform as the celica platform. they are fwd cars after all.

fwiw, i believe you mentioned the gt4 before i did ;)

ginganggooly
10-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Those quarters don't really mean anything in real life... How can you explain my story about keeping up with a Pulsar GTIR (yes those 13 second cars) TWICE? No flukes there... Obviously driver dependant too right?

can a stock ITR on street tyres pull a 1:54 second lap at EC??
i know a gt4 can. is that more real life for you? or how about wet weather ability? or slippery surfaces in general...

i don't see what you keeping up with a gti-r has to do with the subject at hand.

Rowie
10-02-2004, 11:31 PM
who said the GTIR is a 13second car???

1991 Pulsar Gti-R - 14.0secs
1999 Pulsar SSS - 16.5secs

joneblaze
10-02-2004, 11:33 PM
lol... i'll leave this to you Mike and Rowie....

Rowie
10-02-2004, 11:34 PM
thise qtr mile times are bog stock aswell.

dc2r
11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
ging.... i wasn't the first to mention the GT4 in this thread (read first page). and i'm sorry if i love my Honda... this is a Honda website... sorry i'm posting positives about Honda's in the wrong place... I won't do it again.
Hey you guys win this conversation. Not that I was even trying to compete. I'm just trying to stand up for teggy's and the like. And so the GTIR is a flat 14 second car.... the ITR is a 15 second car... That's funny...
Hey, maybe some of you guys should buy a Toyota instead. I know that I'm open minded and like I said, I love the look of the Toyota Celica with the right kit etc. They're just not made for racing at all with the exception of the GT4. But I still wouldn't buy the GT4 over a Type-R. Personal opinion. I don't know why you guys have to try and prove a point? I have no point to prove, I'm just writing opinions, and you have yours, but you guys are standing up to these Toyota's like you guys actually own one... ASk yourselves why you bout a Honda in the first place? Who's in the wrong forums here?

joneblaze
11-02-2004, 12:14 AM
LOL... i think you're a little forum/brand orientated. Stick your head out in the real world or something dude. I don't have to "stick up for my fellow Honda owner" for shit. I'll stick up for a friend who drives whatever make of car if someone is bagging, but to blindly support someone or a story just because they happen to drive the same make of automobile as yourself? Pfft.
I never hailed Toyota as uber-car maker, or the Celica as an awesome ride, i merely questioned exactly WHY you were suggesting a base model 76kw (or watever) Honda Civic could beat a normally driven new model Celica in a straight line. It's not always the case, but most of the time numbers and physics speak for themselves. You've made some pretty silly statements, and as far as i can see YOU'RE certainly not the one being "openminded".... Just because someone drives a Honda doesn't mean he's king shit... just like all Toyota drivers aren't God.

I hope you enjoy "loving" your Honda.

Rowie
11-02-2004, 12:20 AM
noone is going against you mate.... just a bit of debate. I was simply giving FACTORY claimed qtr mile times of the stock base models.

I have to admit, I am a bit skeptical about a stock gli beating a new celica without mods or things going terribly wrong for the celica driver. Its just common sense. But he did win, and good for him.

No doubt your right about driver ability coming into play, and noones saying your wrong.

No need to get fired up over a little discussion.

Rowie
11-02-2004, 12:21 AM
I will quickly add, the VVTL-i ZR has 140KW@ the flywheel

McChook
11-02-2004, 12:24 AM
the VVTL-i model is very peaky though, you really have to rev the bastards to get them going, so they are easily dragged by anything with torque....

Rowie
11-02-2004, 12:26 AM
And so the GTIR is a flat 14 second car.... the ITR is a 15 second car... That's funny...

According to Nissan, yes it is a flat 14second car in stock form. Also according to honda the AUSDM ITR is a 15second car in stock form. If you have any problems with those times, take it up with the car manufactures and prove them wrong. Im sure they would be interested to hear your thoughts.

dc2r
11-02-2004, 12:30 AM
joneblaze is cool!

joneblaze
11-02-2004, 12:32 AM
joneblaze is cool!

Hehe.. thanks. I appreciate the wit and sarcasm in your highly amusing personal attack................really.

dc2r
11-02-2004, 12:33 AM
And so the GTIR is a flat 14 second car.... the ITR is a 15 second car... That's funny...

According to Nissan, yes it is a flat 14second car in stock form. Also according to honda the AUSDM ITR is a 15second car in stock form. If you have any problems with those times, take it up with the car manufactures and prove them wrong. Im sure they would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Dude, I have no doubt that those times are correct. I find it funny because my stock 15 second car kept up with a 14 second car with an exhaust. Also bringing me to the ET for the GT4 of 13.8 secs. Similar to a GTIR, but yet its driver dependant. That's all I was saying there. :)

Rowie
11-02-2004, 12:38 AM
was that from a standing start or a rolling start, just out of curiosity. Cause the GTIR launches very well compared to the ITR, thats probably where it catches up the 1 second? not too sure. But would be another interesting match :)

McChook
11-02-2004, 12:39 AM
FIGHT OVER

get a room next time, you both agreed yet had a heated discussion agreeing... kinda..

ginganggooly
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
i'm not here bagging hondas (i do own a honda, don't i?), i'm just trying to keep a little realism here.
as for being in the wrong place- i'm assuming you feel that way because i'm not agreeing that the integra is the be all and end all of performance cars?

you guys are standing up to these Toyota's like you guys actually own one... ASk yourselves why you bout a Honda in the first place? Who's in the wrong forums here?

what a load of drivel. blind brand loyalty is something i grew out of at the age of 15. you're more than welcome to live in your own little world though. i'll never understand people that develop a bond with a company and start scorning the competition, out of what i'm guessing is some mixed form of fear and competitiveness towards the people driving around in machines that might just be a little better than was first thought.

dc2r
11-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Dude, if you want to read my story, go to the Official Kill Stories 3 thread. I wrote it up there. Bascially raced him twice from standing at the lights.

dc2r
11-02-2004, 12:50 AM
gingangooly... what more do you want from me dude? i already said you won didn't i? fights are over...
I respect S15's and actually LOVE those cars mate!! I even love the WRX, but not as much as the S15. I find these two cars the main competition for the Type-R and respect them. I ain't "blind brand loyal" as you say. If I wanted to hear people bagging Honda's then I would go to Fast fours or Hot 4's forums as they tend to do it often there. My friends drive Mazdas Nissans Mitsubishis and I respect them. Don't think I'm a brand loyal person.
I'm over with the debating with you guys... If you want to continue, then you'll be living in your own world as I have nothing more to say, or listen to for the matter. Enjoy :D

ginganggooly
11-02-2004, 01:07 AM
cool, then this is a house of love again ;) :D

McChook
11-02-2004, 01:08 AM
EVERY-BOD-Y UGH
EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE OF LOVE UGH

East 17 suck

luzinit
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
haha funniest thread of the year more like it :)

booget
11-02-2004, 01:04 PM
ahah hey dc2r wat have u dun too ur car?

wanna race me me i got VTIR

but ive been dubb type R killer
hehehe

apparently me car is 125kw factory?
but put me in car and i add another 50 heheh
im abit of a nut, if u c me on the road play wid me yeh?

i wont run u off da road or anything
i like playing on da road its fun

joneblaze
11-02-2004, 01:05 PM
ahah hey dc2r wat have u dun too ur car?

wanna race me me i got VTIR

but ive been dubb type R killer
hehehe

apparently me car is 125kw factory?
but put me in car and i add another 50 heheh
im abit of a nut, if u c me on the road play wid me yeh?

i wont run u off da road or anything
i like playing on da road its fun

...you're a freak. :)

UR2L8
11-02-2004, 09:28 PM
booget: LOL your a very eager racer I see:) what you done to your car mate? Why dont you go to the drags 20th March I think, the legal ones.

booget
12-02-2004, 12:05 AM
heheh i would but im poor

last time i went i did a 15.3
pretty slow
but i had 16's, me boot was full of shiet like me sub, amp, oil blah
hehe and that was me old setup

hope i get in the 14's now wid me setup
prolly wont thou

joyride
04-03-2004, 02:07 AM
son, youre pulling low 15s now??!