PDA

View Full Version : whiteline sway bar install?

incoming
24-05-2005, 07:52 AM
does any1 know of any places that can fit a whiteline rear swaybar and rear lower tie bar??

i can pretty much fit it myself (really crap instructions) but there are some parts i have no idea where they fit...

mainly a metal part that looks like a figure 8

Mr. Focus
24-05-2005, 08:26 AM
have a look in the DIY section of these forums. egsi has done a dam good write up on installing them

incoming
24-05-2005, 08:57 AM
thats man
i found it too....
whats trav mean by heavy duty mounts?
i was given a 22mm sway bar.... and he mentions to use HD mounts for anything bigger then 18mm

Mr. Focus
24-05-2005, 09:22 AM
not too sure bro, you mite hafta PM him about that hey. sorry i cant be of more help

type one
24-05-2005, 12:12 PM
thats man
i found it too....
whats trav mean by heavy duty mounts?
i was given a 22mm sway bar.... and he mentions to use HD mounts for anything bigger then 18mm

if you look under your car at the cross beam linking the two arms together you will see your swaybar attaches to this on "c" type mounts. These are the HD mounts trav is talking about and these will come with the kit you have purchased (if it a whiteline kit).

If not you will need to get these uprated rubbers and mounts because your 22mm swaybar will not fit in the stock "c" mounts.

The kit should also include two more figure 8 mounts, which are a direct replacement for those which attach to the lower arms.

ian
24-05-2005, 01:08 PM
i've got my rear swaybars on order from whiteline and i was quoted $40 to install them locally......i don't trust myself to install them.

however, i have another question which kinda relates to this topic.

has anyone heard of subframe tear occurring after this swaybar has been installed, specifically for civics? i have just read articles/reviews that this is sometimes a possibility.

egSi
24-05-2005, 01:16 PM
^^^ ian man, i have heard of that but its seems a myth to me, but who knows? every one says it could happen but i have an 18mm on mine and seem fine.

my mate in ej8 has 24mm rear whiteline sway (hardcore) with mounts and the other day i following him and he went over this craxy gutter thing and had one wheel in air and seemed to be no tears and stuff, btw he didnt mean too.

BTW guys when fittin alignment products ie. sways and stuff remember to get a wheel alignment after!! :thumbsup:

wynode
24-05-2005, 01:33 PM
i've got my rear swaybars on order from whiteline and i was quoted $40 to install them locally......i don't trust myself to install them.

however, i have another question which kinda relates to this topic.

has anyone heard of subframe tear occurring after this swaybar has been installed, specifically for civics? i have just read articles/reviews that this is sometimes a possibility.
It's just a matter of the bolt head pulling through the subframe. I know of one person that this has happened to and he's on this forum :)

bigteethygrin
24-05-2005, 01:36 PM
depends how much stress you put on the car.. the harder you corner the more likely you will teqar the subframe.

btw those figure 8 pieces look like the linkages that should go at either end of your sway bar.

bennjamin
24-05-2005, 02:12 PM
It's just a matter of the bolt head pulling through the subframe. I know of one person that this has happened to and he's on this forum :)

...aimed at myself i guess -

but my input is - i installed a 18mm swaybar on my EG civic hatchback , and within 2 months of easy driving the stock subframe mounts where ripped out.

Nice.

GET the reinforcement for ANY upgrade larger than the stock size - its just too much stress for the EG subframe !

wynode
24-05-2005, 02:41 PM
...aimed at myself i guess -

hehe .....nope someone else. Your problem was the mount Ben, this guys was the actual subframe.

Weq
24-05-2005, 04:55 PM
ive had mine for over a year, and my subframe is fine, woith a 22mm bar. install of the rear bar is quite easy. there is some bitch bolts, but nothing a couple of guys cant handle.