PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Suspension Q.

free2d
24-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Got a few questions bout suspension.

1. Has anyone install camber kit on their Euro? (front or rear)

2. Your opinion regarding coilover. I know coilover is the best in any condition. But I dont track, I just want better looking, more stiffness, be able to go into corner more confident. So, maybe damper adjustment is ok but I dont think I will keep adjusting the height once its been set. Eg. Mugen coilover is not height adjustble. Does that mean is not good?
Actually, I am looking at Spoon damper and spring combo. What do you guys think?

3. If just change spring will be good enough?

Thanks guys.

EuroAccord13
24-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi;

There are a few topics that covers what you are looking for and I suggest you use the search function to find your answers.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?searchid=173492

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?searchid=173496

Have a look through them please...

P.S ---> Edited your title for more clarity

free2d
24-05-2005, 11:48 PM
The links are no more there.

EuroAccord13
25-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Then utilise this Function to try and find your answers....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 03:29 PM
1. Yes. LOC888 on the forums has an INGALLS rear camber kit. PM him for details

2. Saying that a coilover is crap cuz it cant be height adjusted is a bit farfetched IMO. and MUGEN parts usualy make most honda modders drool cuz the overall quality of it is excellent (but damn expensive....then again if u have the dosh go for it. quality speaks for itself)
Pum[Z] has installed a D2 coilver kit on his euro. PM him for details and the ride stiffness etc. Also, LOC888 has TEIN type FLEX coilover system on his. Some others have installed EIBACH prokit springs and i know that some are lookin at gettin spring/shock combo, such as EIBACH springs with KONI shocks. This is also a very good setup and i dont think it'd cost as much as, say, the TEIN coilovers. Do a search as there has been numerous queries and posts about the EIBACH prokit and some of the users here have installed it.

If you want to enter a corner "more confidently", look into gettin a rear sway bar, like WHITELINE or COMPTECH. Do a search as this has been covered as well. Whiteline is an Australian company and you can PM peekay34 and ask him about it. Someone has also shipped a COMPTECH sway bar from the states and I hear nothing but praises about it.

3. Good enuff in what sense? if you change the spring for lowering purposes and if looks is all ur goin for then yeah it will be good enuff. but again quality comes into play. and also, if u just change springs, i hear that later on down the track ur gonna need to upgrade ur shocks, thus pple are opting to go spring/shock combos.

hope this answers your question. did the best i could :D

Chris_F
25-05-2005, 05:24 PM
stephen8512 has covered everything - very good and true advice in that post

Pum[Z]
25-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah Stephen did a good job explaining it...

Coilovers don't mean it belongs on the track...

I'm comfortable with my D2 coilovers coz they are height adjustable and damper adjustable... Damper adjustment is 36 points.. I just changed it to 6 points towards the stiffiest on the weekend and boy it takes corners real good, and there's less bounce travel on the road... I never take my car on the track, & the coilovers are comfortable on the suburban roads....

It all depends on ur budget.. Spring & Shock is the wisest advice... U might as well do it properly once rather then keep changing it...