PDA

View Full Version : warranties

asiansquad
24-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if installing header and pod air filter will void Honda warranty??

EuroAccord13
24-05-2005, 06:55 PM
If the cause of the problem is not related to your aftermarket modifications, the warranty still stands..

i.e You have a broken thermostat in the radiator and it has been found that it was caused by say your aftermarket radiator cap with a higher pressure, it will not be covered but if is caused by other factors, it will be covered under warranty..

asiansquad
24-05-2005, 08:42 PM
thanks

kuso
28-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I thought modifications just VOID all warranty. Not its specific parts. It doesn't make sense how you can separate engine fault to be solely this or that. Woudn't modifying a certain component here in the engine will ultimately affect everything else.

Catcha
28-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I thought modifications just VOID all warranty. Not its specific parts. It doesn't make sense how you can separate engine fault to be solely this or that. Woudn't modifying a certain component here in the engine will ultimately affect everything else.

lets say you modify your standard air filter to a pod filter, If your engine started to develop problems then. Honda can say it is related cause it's causes unblance in the air/fuel ratio blah blah. But if your stereo stuffed up and won't play CD's after 6 months of owning it, they will replace it even if you have a pod filter cause the problem is not related. Engine mod/interior accessories are not realated.

kuso
28-05-2005, 09:24 AM
lets say you modify your standard air filter to a pod filter, If your engine started to develop problems then. Honda can say it is related cause it's causes unblance in the air/fuel ratio blah blah. But if your stereo stuffed up and won't play CD's after 6 months of owning it, they will replace it even if you have a pod filter cause the problem is not related. Engine mod/interior accessories are not realated.

Yea that was what I meant. I was specifically referring to the engine. But thnx for pointing that out ^^. It is logical that generally the accessories like cd players aren't associated with the engine.

asiansquad
28-05-2005, 12:53 PM
btw..when u guys got ur jazz...did it come with a booklet telling you what the code is for ur cd player????

spoon fit
28-05-2005, 03:17 PM
yes, u dun have meh?

wynode
28-05-2005, 03:34 PM
If in doubt........just ask Honda......after all they are the ones who will be dealing with any warranty issues.

ahcash
28-05-2005, 04:36 PM
yes, u dun have meh?

Mine dun have... :(

Catcha
29-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Yea that was what I meant. I was specifically referring to the engine. But thnx for pointing that out ^^. It is logical that generally the accessories like cd players aren't associated with the engine.

But knowing them they will try to get out of anything and somehow will try to link in some absurd way, so they don't pay out.

asiansquad
29-05-2005, 02:38 AM
yeah i didn't get one..those dodgy mfs

or do they not give it out to late 2004/2005 jazz's??? since ahcash didn't get one too

ahcash
29-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Could be a different type of head unit on the MY05 Jazz.. I had a look at the manual and service manual and didn't find any. Have to ask them when service their car next time...

crazyray
30-05-2005, 08:57 AM
i did not get any either??
mine is an 05 as well

ACE888
31-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Does anyone know if installing header and pod air filter will void Honda warranty??

Page 7 of my Owner's Warranty and Service Manual says "Honda warrants each new motor vehicle.......to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service........ This warranty will not apply to: Any vehicle used in competition,racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing parts."

OptionEngineering
31-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Page 7 of my Owner's Warranty and Service Manual says "Honda warrants each new motor vehicle.......to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service........ This warranty will not apply to: Any vehicle used in competition,racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing parts."
just took them off when u want to claim anything
i claim for my linkage before since I ****ed up mine by using wrong shockers.

asiansquad
31-05-2005, 02:10 AM
When you bring your car for service, do they record your modifications onto their system?

ACE888
31-05-2005, 08:29 AM
just took them off when u want to claim anything
i claim for my linkage before since I ****ed up mine by using wrong shockers.

Agree, just take off yours mods prior to warranty claim.

Zimp13
31-05-2005, 09:39 AM
all i can say is prepare for the worse really.... if must pay then pay.... if worry then dont mod ur car... keep it stock....
1. how long u gonna keep ur car anyway? 5 years? how much money spent in the servicing of the vehicle with the dealer? we all know that they charge a lot... do the calculations and i believe that these costs are enough cover most damage, if say there is any, to the vehicle
2. for those who bought their cars since new, if u look after the car well, y worry??? wats the chance of you having to claim warranty anyway? by the time your car got problems (mostly minor anyway), most people would have sold their cars...
personally i have bought cars new from dealer... claiming warranty cos of heavy damage??? none... wat about u guys???? and all my cars are modded....
3. for those who bought the car used, how u know wat the previous owner has done to the car?

my point is, y worry think this and that really.... if wanna have fun just have fun.... if dun wan, then better stick to stock.... they are smart we play smart as well.... all those companies out there in general will not take responsible for wat happened to your vehicle....

Zimp13
31-05-2005, 11:07 AM
One best way to solve all of this.... just insured with justcar... done..... no more bs... tell them all the mods done.... get ur car service outside which is cheaper than honda and use that money to insure with justcar (i believe its gonna be more)

Dreams
31-05-2005, 11:15 AM
what head unit booklet are you guys refering too?? a manual??

ahcash
31-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I think even with Justcar, they still only cover accident, thef and natural disaster.. not blown engine, track damage etc... I could be wrong master.

The reason why they want every mod to be listed in the policy is because they need to figure out what's the likelihood of you crashing the car due to all these mod, and in the case of the claim, what they need to cover...etc

OptionEngineering
31-05-2005, 11:43 AM
if u told everything to the insurance, no worry ah cash
all done

Dreams
31-05-2005, 11:57 AM
theres limitation of how many modification you are allowed to do, but yeah just cars is the way to go for heaviliy modified cars, or shannons also for those type.

ahcash
31-05-2005, 12:18 PM
if u told everything to the insurance, no worry ah cash
all done

G, which insurance company you with? Have you tell them all your mod? If you don't.. they will probably replace it with a standard stock 04 VTi if they write it off (touch wood).. Chewbacca won't be happy... :thumbsup:

OptionEngineering
31-05-2005, 12:22 PM
i WILL tell them once my contact ended next mth since i cant be **** to call insurance as I have to wait ages to get someone to talk to me. I am with Just car

asiansquad
31-05-2005, 10:18 PM
u can email your insurance company about your mods. I'm with AAMI and i emailed them about the mods and they added it to the list

MRFIT
31-05-2005, 11:13 PM
u can email your insurance company about your mods. I'm with AAMI and i emailed them about the mods and they added it to the list

after they added to the list..... is ur premium going to go up? or doesn't affect you at all??+

Dreams
31-05-2005, 11:32 PM
im never with aami again, never. thought u only allow to do 3 modifications!

asiansquad
01-06-2005, 09:09 AM
after they added to the list..... is ur premium going to go up? or doesn't affect you at all??+

didn't affect anything

still paying $700 a year for full com

they didn't say there's a limit to 3 modifications

MRFIT
01-06-2005, 06:36 PM
cool..... I wonder if RACV will do the same too..... *fingers crossed*

Jus-10
01-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Guys please keep it on topic....we ended up going from warranties to insurance.

They are not at all related.

I'm sure there is an insurance thread you can bring up if you want raise some insurance questions.

Zimp man, I have no beef with you, but I think you really need to have a read of your insurance terms (or any other comprehensive insurance policy terms for that matter). You don't seem to grasp the two concepts of insurance and warranty both of which are 2 completely different things. As I said, not picking on you, just offering some friendly advice OK.

Zimp13
02-06-2005, 07:35 PM
ok ok.... :thumbsup: