PDA

View Full Version : is it easy to install a reverse sensor?

jamchen
24-05-2005, 08:33 PM
as my topic, bought this sensor from ebay and was thinking if i could install it myself? coz i dun wanna running in risk to letting someone install the sensor and FRIENDLY SCRATCH MY BUMPER!
any ideas? do i have to take the bumpers out? my kit comes with 6 sensors... 4 back 2 front~ :o

MIRZ
24-05-2005, 09:30 PM
i did this installation in my car. its simple and straight forward. mine came with 4 sensors and an inside unit which displays distance and warnings. it also displays internal temprature when car is not in reverse gear.

suggestions:

1 - remove you bumper cover and then drill holes and install sensors. do not try to drill holes without removing bumber covers.

2 - all cables from sensors will simply plugin its central unit.

3 - ground cable from central unit you can connect to any ground connection close to rear lights.

4 - other cable will connect direct to your reverse light.

5 - last cable (Accessory) will run to fuse box underneath streeing wheel and connect to any Accessory point.

6 - i m sure you will have an internal display too. cable from central unit will run to this diplay too.

i hope this will help. good luck.

jamchen
25-05-2005, 02:04 PM
i did this installation in my car. its simple and straight forward. mine came with 4 sensors and an inside unit which displays distance and warnings. it also displays internal temprature when car is not in reverse gear.

suggestions:

1 - remove you bumper cover and then drill holes and install sensors. do not try to drill holes without removing bumber covers.

2 - all cables from sensors will simply plugin its central unit.

3 - ground cable from central unit you can connect to any ground connection close to rear lights.

4 - other cable will connect direct to your reverse light.

5 - last cable (Accessory) will run to fuse box underneath streeing wheel and connect to any Accessory point.

6 - i m sure you will have an internal display too. cable from central unit will run to this diplay too.

i hope this will help. good luck.

um... should quite straight foward? but but,,, i am really a second to n00b when it comes to something machanic... :(
so maybe i might find some reliable shop to fit it for me....
just been to autobarn in Doncaster and they asked for 165 for the installation... is it a reasonable price? or is there neone else know good places/or have experience in install reverse sensors?
helps appreciated! :wave:

MIRZ
25-05-2005, 02:14 PM
$165 for reverse parking sensors, that expensive.

dont think should charge you more than $100. which car you have?

jamchen
25-05-2005, 02:23 PM
$165 for reverse parking sensors, that expensive.

dont think should charge you more than $100. which car you have?

you can see my avatar :D
i just realized now the wires that come with the kit are only 3m each... i am a bit scared if it could be too short:S:S

as the car is pretty long long long :o

MIRZ
25-05-2005, 02:35 PM
oh sorry my mistake, did not realize your car from your avatar :)

3 m wire should be more than enough. your main unit will be installed with driving side rear wall somewhere on top of rear wheel.

humm, but if you are going to install front sensors. 3 m wont be enough to run from passanger front side bumper to driver rear-side.

i think front sensors should have longer cables with it. or otherwise you either leave front sensors or extend their cables by joining more cable to them (will require solder).

jamchen
25-05-2005, 10:09 PM
um..... well i am willing to take the risk on that.... i just found out that the main display comes with 6.5m cable! hope it will ease the problem...
does neone know good shops that install sensors professionally???