PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

SpOOn-FED
24-05-2005, 08:42 PM
sup my fellow honda drivers
i jus purhcased a JDM spec dc5 Honda Integra Type-R
and im in the process of putting some hard work into it so that it will be ready for track racing...........
HELP!!!!!!
i need bodykits that allows downforce heeps of downforce but i cant seem to find any that have this....all i found are showpony bodykits........
HELP ME MAN!!!!!

i have already put some spoon and mugen parts into it and i just need now downforce!

tegstar83
24-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Good purchase man, have a look at J's racing or Jun auto they make some purposefull body kits for DC5 or then again u can look at spoon or Mugen

Tofu
24-05-2005, 10:14 PM
sup my fellow honda drivers
i jus purhcased a JDM spec dc5 Honda Integra Type-R
and im in the process of putting some hard work into it so that it will be ready for track racing...........
HELP!!!!!!
i need bodykits that allows downforce heeps of downforce but i cant seem to find any that have this....all i found are showpony bodykits........
HELP ME MAN!!!!!

i have already put some spoon and mugen parts into it and i just need now downforce!

um...hmm ok, congratz on the buy.
if you say you have already installed some spoon and mugen parts, you would have known that the Mugen front bar is by far the best front bar for track work.

what state are you in?

Jim80y
24-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Why do you need downforce? Planning on a cannonball run through the NT? If you are not I suggest you spend your money elsewhere, unless you just want to make your car look fast (nothing wrong with that).

tegstar83
24-05-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah I forgot about that any downforce gains will be barley noticeable yes it will help some what but each to there own

Javed
24-05-2005, 11:42 PM
You aren't driving an F1 car mate, you are not going to get substantial differences from bodykits.

tegstar83
25-05-2005, 12:31 AM
haha next hell get a diffusser LOL!

bennjamin
25-05-2005, 12:58 AM
guys keep the replies on topic and aimed at helping !

BTW - any downforce whether front or rear - wont be useable / noticeable until quite illegal speeds......so why bother ? And , JSUT a bodykit with"downforce" will not be suited for the job. It will bend and possibly break ~!

dark138
25-05-2005, 01:14 AM
go to
www.rateddesign.org

they were sticking flyers on people windscreens in MQU carpark

Felix
25-05-2005, 08:55 AM
BTW - any downforce whether front or rear - wont be useable / noticeable until quite illegal speeds......so why bother ?

Did u read his post, the car is for Track!!!!

franki
25-05-2005, 04:16 PM
try veilside or cwest altho they are a bit chunky :honda:

Tofu
25-05-2005, 04:59 PM
like i said ealier..the only bodykit for the DC5 that's properlly tested in a wind tunnel and does actually have any downforce effect is the Mugen bodykit...not the fake stuff, so expect to pay big for the front bar
Veilside will give you downforce...by the weight of it
C-West and Ings haven't done testing and never have.

DC2108
25-05-2005, 11:33 PM
wat is the difference wif JDM DC5 N NORMAL ONE LOLZ arnt they the same ?

bennjamin
25-05-2005, 11:37 PM

well then....perhaps invest into some suspension / chassis mods to aid with high speed turning ability rather than a huge ass rear wing :)

What about underneath air guides ala NSX type R ? ( whatever they are called....to promote flow and suck the car more towards the ground in a gravity effect)

tegstar83
25-05-2005, 11:49 PM
its called a diffusser :)

bennjamin
26-05-2005, 01:18 AM
its called a diffusser :)

diffusers are usually on the front bumper quarters...?

Well , i am talking of the entire under body, to be covered by a flat layer of plastic sheet as to create a smooth surface underneath (ala touring or F1 cars..)

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 02:27 AM
What about underneath air guides ala NSX type R ? ( whatever they are called....to promote flow and suck the car more towards the ground in a gravity effect)

does n e 1 know if theres n e thin like this for a dc2?

franki
26-05-2005, 08:22 AM
i wouldnt be worrying bout that as it wont make that much of a difference. i would get a set of good coilovers, sways bar and strut braces to get it more ridgid. :honda:

[XsCaPe]
26-05-2005, 08:42 AM
wont the downforce only slow you down more?? at the speeds you'll be travelling on the track, im pretty sure that u dont need any further downforce

TeMp
26-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Whats wrong with the down force from the stock Type R kit? The DC5R that won the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) had the stock kit (with some minor adjustments).

And Im sure Honda has done just as much if not more wind tunnel testing as Mugen.

tegstar83
26-05-2005, 09:08 PM
diffusers are usually on the front bumper quarters...?

Well , i am talking of the entire under body, to be covered by a flat layer of plastic sheet as to create a smooth surface underneath (ala touring or F1 cars..)

Nah typicaly u see these on the rear part under the car and u can describe it as an upside down areoplane wing instead of providing lift it is mounted upside down to provide downforce one part of the air flows faster on one side and alot slower on the other thus producing the downforce. U usually see these on super cars most with this dont even have a rear wing and thus produce downforce under the car