PDA

View Full Version : xtreme clutch and fly installed!

sharky
24-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Just got my car back from the having an xtreme cushion button ceramic clutch and lightweight chrome fly installed and its absolutely amazing. I cant beleive how fast the engine revs and holds the rpm whhich shifting, im very happy with the outcome. Worth every penny!

I do have to learn how to shift again

bennjamin
24-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Just got my car back from the having an xtreme cushion button ceramic clutch and lightweight chrome fly installed and its absolutely amazing. I cant beleive how fast the engine revs and holds the rpm whhich shifting, im very happy with the outcome. Worth every penny!

I do have to learn how to shift again

fantastic :)
Im actually getting a new HD clutch and lightweight fly installed soon b yours truly.... *excited*

Do tell us - what mods do you have to your car etc ? ? ?

Felix
24-05-2005, 09:15 PM
how much did this cost you???
And is a button clutch just that? A button you press instead of a cluch pedal??

sharky
24-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I have a full xforce system and pod filter, mags, front tower brace, rear lower control arm brace and lowered. Next on the list is an Apexi FC, adjustable cam gears and AEM lightweight pullys - about a month.

sharky
24-05-2005, 09:28 PM
all up it cost me $1660.00. ah no. Basically you have three types to choose from, cushion, solid or brass. On a cushion button there is pieces of metal which sandwich together. This makes up the pressure plate. This compresses when you engage the clutch. This makes it easier to drive on the road, a little smoother. Solid button does not compress and is as it says solid. It is stronger but for street use its very hard to control. Brass button im actually not certain but i know they're even harder to engage.

zen
24-05-2005, 10:47 PM
pretty much the brass button is either IN or OUT. no riding the clutch. mate had one in his VLT before he changed the tranny and all i can say is "bye bye traction" lol

Boost
25-05-2005, 12:56 PM
ive got brass button in my integra.. like u say.. it is hard to engage the thing.. riding the clutch?... nott easy.. the car will jerk if the rpm is not right....its an effort to try and balance the car on a hill..
Thats one reason why i dont let others drive the car, especially those who have not driven with BB. They will not engage properly or give enought rpm and stall the car. Mind you im not talking about a soft gentle stall....

mr crex
25-05-2005, 01:52 PM
yep I used XTreme clutches on the old crx, one for each gearbox lol

I was using a 5puk & then a 6puk for the B16A engine, was perfect for my setup.

when you said Apexi FC, do you mean PowerFC ? I thought they were only made for DC2R & EK9R ?

InSaNe
25-05-2005, 04:08 PM
iv got a brass button clutch on my jdm as well.... its a bit of a **** for everyday use.... and as us said its in or out and its very hard to control it... but gettin rid of it soon coz its kinda gone.... this time m goin for just a normal heavy duty..

sharky
25-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I thought that too but BT Revolution says it'll fit my car? hmmm, I told him my engine type and he said it'll fit any B series engine. Im taking advantage of that deal he has in the traders section.

Stoosh
25-05-2005, 08:30 PM
ive got a brass button clutch on mine...and im an L plater...think how hard it is for me lol
i drove my sis 1998 LX pulsar..omg soo simple lol i never realised how hard my car was till i drove a diff manual lol