PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Another sad story - side swiped..

VirIIx
26-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Busy morning at work, came out, noticed some scruff on the driver side of the car near the back.. scratch marks - easily buffed out, wiped it out, ran my finger along.. above wheel arch.. more marks... wiped them off.. *not happy so far* ran my finger all the way to the back to the taillight as it felt and looked a bit funny in the light.. there is a dent to the right of the tail light and it has been pushed in slightly by a few mm's :|

Happened most likely when i was parked somewhere, but i haven't parked anywhere where it's been a tight fit - as i'm very particular with my parking and where i park as well. I feel sorry for the incompetent fool out there and you will get what is coming to you - karma will come at you 3 times worse :D

I am not happy.. I'd just like to say some people should be shot - and this is the nicest possible most civilised way i can put it. I can't believe, but yet not surpised about the lack of respect for other people's properties. It's not my fault you're a deadbeat loser. Moving along from that...

Although it's small, and not that noticeable.. yet it is now that i found it.. does anyone have any recommendations of a dent filler/repairer? i know there are a few places around which do wonders but can't remember who they are.

Located in Sydney preferably :)

any help would be appreciated greatly! :)

PERTH_EURO
26-05-2005, 11:43 AM
sorry to hear.
having just got mine back from being side swipped i sympathise with ya.

good luck

aaronng
26-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Ouch... That is so uncivilised of the offender not to leave his contact details after damaging your car. I haven't used dent repairers before, but www.dentforce.com.au is one paintless dent removal that I might use if I need to in the future.

EuroAccord13
26-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Sad to hear dude.... People can't park nowadays...

I'm quite picky when it comes to parking.. I try to park next to expensive cars lol!

I've had people parallel park in front of me and using the nudge technique on my front bumper.. I was in the car and she didn't see me.. Luckily it was the numberplate that too the hit.... I think the numberplate is in a good position ....

euro77
26-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear about it. I've used Dent Wizard before and very happy with the result. As long as the paint is still intact, they can get the job done and just like new again.
their website is http://www.dentwizard.com.au/
give them a call. I highly recommended them.

stephen8512
26-05-2005, 05:17 PM
damn sorry to hear that man......
ive already got a very small dent from pple who open their doors against other cars.
ffs...i swear some pple have no respect for other pples belongings.......

jackosimm
26-05-2005, 08:18 PM
hmm thats low, always hear stories of it, and they bail without leaving any notes or anything, pricks. I completely understand what you mean with particular parking, Im the same, just to avoid stuff like this. Sorry to hear it

Pum[Z]
26-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear about it...

Its good that ur taking it pretty good.. Well there's nothing we can do if people do that.. U have taken the right steps by parking in places that u think will lessen the chances...

Well hope u fix her real soon...

VirIIx
26-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the website referrals guys, and yes i'm very paranoid about parking - and every right so. With my old car, i parked at Macquarie Centre down near the woolworth docks before the constructions took place or when they slowly started.

Lots of cars around at the time, went to see a movie, came back i was the only car there, with the front passenger corner of my car smashed in pretty bad. That was a few thousand dollars in repairs. Some idiot was hooning around and lost control probably - hit and run. Camera's didn't catch anything either - security anywhere is so useless i don't know why they bother.

So i have every right to be paranoid.

Try to park next to columns all the time :) and give myself enough space and i don't park near cars that are crooked or take too much space :)

hopefully i'll have it all patched up soon.

it just hurts.. you know what i mean though :(

ViHatcher
26-05-2005, 10:42 PM
sorry to hear this...
My own way to try and avoid this..

1. Never park next to big size car such as the Falcon, Camry....
2. Never park next to a coupe if the parking space look small
3. Never park next to big 4x4
4. Never park next to shit box..

Well....well..not much choices left..so, I pick on big space or next to small size cars.........Maybe this is just a typical me...... :rolleyes:

stephen8512
26-05-2005, 10:45 PM
sorry to hear this...
My own way to try and avoid this..

1. Never park next to big size car such as the Falcon, Camry....
2. Never park next to a coupe if the parking space look small
3. Never park next to big 4x4
4. Never park next to shit box..

Well....well..not much choices left..so, I pick on big space or next to small size cars.........Maybe this is just a typical me...... :rolleyes:

hahahah that narrows it down to "disabled parking spot" or "personal parking spot"

aaronng
27-05-2005, 12:32 AM
hahahah that narrows it down to "disabled parking spot" or "personal parking spot"
LOL!!!!!! So true!

VirIIx
27-05-2005, 07:29 AM

I avoid parking next to disabled parking spots... go figure :b there's a reason why the spaces are so big :p j/k

i think.. my solution is to convert my euro to a redneck 4x4 giant pickup monster truck :D

PNR888
27-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I hope your blue Euro will be OK very soon.

Just to add some points on parking spot selection:
- I dont park next to a volvo (seen too many volvos scratching other cars in car park)
- try to park right of a colon or post. reason: your passenger side is safe because of the post. There is 50% chance the car park on your right hand side has no passenger, so your driver's side door is safe from denting by other's door opening.
- I avoid park next to a car with baby seat.. no discriminatnion, but when parent puting their baby into the baby/child seat, they need to open the door wide to access to the baby seat. I seen a mother didn't open the door that wide initially but as she was securing her baby in the baby seat, he bum bumped the door into fully opened position and dent the car next to it.

viperx
27-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Sad to hear dude.... People can't park nowadays...

I'm quite picky when it comes to parking.. I try to park next to expensive cars lol!

Hmm u gotta be careful about this as well, I've seen too many unco asian mums driving big mercs. :D