PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded My Euro

Euro2005
26-05-2005, 01:44 PM
My system is now brilliant. My Car now thumps, the doors vibrate, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls.
To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

I had it all done by Northfield Moorooka - Absolutely Terrific Service
Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au

Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim
The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .
Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.
http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

Back Speakers 6x9 - Eclipse SE8493
Key Features
Size: 6 × 9" 4-Way
Continuous Power Handling: 75W
Music Power Handling: 150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-40Hz
Sensitivity: 98dB
Cone Material: Mica/Poly
Surround Material: Rubber
Voice Coil Former: Kapton
Midrange Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Super-Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Magnet Material: Neodymium
Woofer Magnet Material: Ferrite
Mounting Depth: 3 1/16"
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Amplifier - Alpine MRP-F240
V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
This 4 channel V-Power amplifier delivers exceptionally high performance and detailed control. Combined with Alpine's famous sound quality, it's versatility will allow it to adapt to many configurations.
# 75W x 4 (Max)
# 100W x 2 RMS [4Ohms - Bridged @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 50W x 4 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 40W x 4 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (0.08% THD)]
# Bass engine
# HP/LP Crossover
# Bass EQ (Variable Ch-3/4)
# RCA or Speaker Level Inputs
# MOSFET Output Transistors
http://www.alpine.com.au/

RCA Connector & Electrical Noise Eliminator - Peripheral Sven4
Best channel Audio Converter available---period!
The sven4 line level converter is the only LLC that we have found that does not introduce engine noise to the system in a Euro. inc, alpine, cali gold, and a few others. (same with BMW systems.)
For the Ultimate in Sound Quality and Signal transfer the SVEN4 is the Only Solution.
The SVEN4 was recently awarded the coveted innovations award at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Association Show.
Four channel Premium Sound Interfacing Device.
RCA level or speaker level input or output. The SVEN4 is perfectly suited for replacing the factory amplified system and retaining the OEM radio or for Premium OEM head-unit replacement. It can also be used as a standard line output converter. (LOC applications require vehicle specific sound harness--sold seperately).
NOTE: 60 watts maximum input per channel.

It all works perfectly and sounds AWESOME
:D :D :D

micka
26-05-2005, 11:38 PM
good to hear everything turned out well:) any plans for some deadening and so forth to take care of the door vibrations and make it sound even better?

Euro2005
28-05-2005, 01:05 PM
good to hear everything turned out well:) any plans for some deadening and so forth to take care of the door vibrations and make it sound even better?

Thankyou.
The door vibrations isn't shaking, I can just feel the sound. The Euro's doors don't need deadening.

J-MuN
28-05-2005, 01:10 PM
nice setup... how much it set u back?... if u dont mind me asking...

Euro2005
28-05-2005, 07:32 PM
nice setup... how much it set u back?... if u dont mind me asking...

Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
$1600

anna1984
30-05-2005, 11:11 AM
nice work!! gotta love the focal's
i so want sum focal splits.. i jus cant afford them at the moment..
im happy with my MB Quartz though..

kam
03-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Wheres the subs mate?!
question tho - is there any rattles at all in the euro, eg: from the boot ?

future plans for my self were to install 2 X 12" rockford fostages, so any rattling issues are important. thanks :)

stephen8512
03-06-2005, 01:04 AM
kam. u have nice taste. :thumbsup: my mate has an RF in his car and it pumps!

im lookin at gettin 2x kicker solobaric L7 12" subs, mono amps and possible boston acoustic splits

Q. to Euro2005: did u deaden ur doors?

Euro2005
03-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Q. "Wheres the subs mate?!"
A. Don't want one, sounds awesome without, Eclipse SE8493 gives plenty of bass.

Q. "question tho - is there any rattles at all in the euro, eg: from the boot ?"
A. No rattles here, Very Professional Finish

Q. "to Euro2005: did u deaden ur doors?"
A. No, couldn't afford and will only give marginal improvement in tight Euro doors.

My system is now brilliant. My Car now thumps,I can feel the music, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls.
To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting, Very Professional Finish

kam
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
I got my previous sound system installed here:

http://www.toweraudio.com.au/

they do installations for the auto salon cars, as well as company specific cars, eg: full pionner car.

if you check the customer cars section, they got a euro with a nice boot install. shame about the rims tho

euro77
04-06-2005, 10:36 PM
nice setup.
I also use the focal split, but the 165 K2P
No cutting is necessary, but spacer was added.

Chris_F
05-06-2005, 12:14 AM
i recently got the focal 165 kf's and to be honest the sound quality is improved but they just arent very loud - running off an eclipse ea3422 and a head unit with 8v pre-out's. I also have a lone sub while mine is being inspected for damage by eclipse... its the new type R and i think my box is too big for it coz it osunds like a wallowing cow.

Interestingly i got mine done at northfield too, and haven't been so lucky - never really been pleased with the sound im gettin and atm i've layed out 3400 in total :(.

good to hear your happy though, you've chosen awesome drivers and amps :thumbsup:

grncvc
05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
hahah wondering if u get less Ks out of a tank hauling all dat gear around?

kam
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
i recently got the focal 165 kf's and to be honest the sound quality is improved but they just arent very loud - running off an eclipse ea3422 and a head unit with 8v pre-out's. I also have a lone sub while mine is being inspected for damage by eclipse... its the new type R and i think my box is too big for it coz it osunds like a wallowing cow.

Interestingly i got mine done at northfield too, and haven't been so lucky - never really been pleased with the sound im gettin and atm i've layed out 3400 in total :(.

good to hear your happy though, you've chosen awesome drivers and amps :thumbsup:

you spend $3400 and didnt get a custom made subwoofer box :confused:

Also, You can have the best speakers in the world, but if it installed incorrectly, it will sound shit...

kula
06-06-2005, 11:46 PM
any pics of the install?

Chris_F
10-06-2005, 02:38 PM
hey kam - i do have a custom made subwoofer box. and all the problems i mentioned are fixed/being fixed.

eclipse aluminium subs need much larger boxes than type R's so basically the loaner sub was a misfit so it sounded horrible.

i've since spent a bit more money and finally finished off the system and its sounding great and is sufficiently loud.

similar setup to euro2005's... I have:

Focal 165kf splits
Focal 690HC 6x9's
Eclipse CD8051 head unit
Eclipse PA5422 amp (since upgraded from EA3422)
Alpine MRD-501 (on loan or a keeper depending on whether MRD-500 can be fixed)
Eclipse SW8812.4 Subwoofer (the "old school"/original eclipse alluminium)

PNR888
15-06-2005, 10:11 AM
euro2005:
I dont know car stereo system that well, but sounds like you got some top-end stuff in your euro.. Good to hear that you are happy with your mod..

You must join us with our next Brisbane Euro Meet/Cruise. You and Chris F can check out each others sound systems.

destrukshn
21-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Focal huh... i like your style. :D