PDA

View Full Version : Ideling

Tu88y
26-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my revs. When Im in a still position and constantly tapping on the brakes the revs seems to go up. Is that normal?

26-05-2005, 04:36 PM
if its ideling not as low as you want it, you can get a spanner and lower it....

Tu88y
26-05-2005, 04:39 PM
No I mean when its ideling its sits about 800 or 900 RPM. But when I start tapping on the brakes it goes up to about 1300 rpm

Vivski
26-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Weird... you're not driving Herbie are you?
Mind of it's own.

Could this maybe be an ECU thing? Faulty choke? I've never heard of the brake pedal affecting the idle.

**Ghost**
26-05-2005, 05:07 PM
happens to me too... happens to all manual cars man

ECU-MAN
26-05-2005, 05:16 PM
yes this is normal
you should be able to dothis in anycar
but you have to keep pumping the brake,
what your doing is taking Vaccum away from the engine by continuously pumping the pedal, so it slike a vacuum leak and the engine revs up

try it :)

EGB16A
26-05-2005, 06:52 PM
either that or you have a big foot, and are pushing both pedals at once!? :)

I accidently did this in my old car and shit myself the first time it happened, then i realised!
LOL

Vivski
26-05-2005, 09:30 PM
either that or you have a big foot, and are pushing both pedals at once!? :)

I accidently did this in my old car and shit myself the first time it happened, then i realised!
LOL
I do that quite often. When braking with my right foot, I use the right side of the pedal so I don't have to move my whole foot. Makes it very quick and precise. The problem being if I have to brake harder, I press down on the accelerator too. Scared the crap out of me the first few times, but now I'm used to it and quickly put the clutch in when I have to brake hard unexpectedly.

Ofcourse this has nothing to do with the topic, lol.

I don't understand why pumping the brake would have an affect on the engine. Taking away the vacuum as you say. I thought the two were completely unrelated systems.
Would you be able to briefly explain it for me? Thanks.

sirvtec
28-05-2005, 03:27 PM
i think its normal.
but don't know how to explain y.

EK9
28-05-2005, 10:37 PM
bennjamin's explains it in this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21157&page=1&pp=12

turning wheel = directly connected to the engine via a pulley.
pushing brake = directly connected to the engine via vaccuum system.

Your engine does more than just propell you in a certain direction - there are a few things relying on it for power too