PDA

View Full Version : Gen2 CRX SiR extractors

BSRacer
27-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi Guys,
I've got a 89 CRX SiR. Just wondering, is there any point in getting extractors for my car? Or are the stock SiR ones good enough? I know some people get jap spec Type R extractors for their local cars (integras etc) so is there any benefit in me replacing mine with aftermarket???

bennjamin
27-05-2005, 09:59 PM
ofcourse there is.
Weight saving...and increased flow/ less turbulence = more power and less restriction for your engine.

panda[cRx]
27-05-2005, 10:53 PM
yeah go for it. you can go for something like xforce for about $450 or you can go and spend double/triple that on mugen/spoon/toda headers n the like but dont go thinking that coz it's double or triple the price that it is 2 or 3 times better.

mr crex
28-05-2005, 12:35 AM
I do not think XForce make any B16A"1" extractors.

Norman... the gen1 B16A from the SiR EF8/EF9's use a duel o2sensor setup ... running one sensor off the cyl1-4link and cyl2-3link... back when I had my crx I ordered some Fujitsubo extractors for SiR ... unfortunately they arrive AFTER I sold the car lol

I ordered the extractors through JDMYard ... cost me $1200 delivered.

other brands I had looked at at the time.... 5Zigen & RS*R... Toda do not make EF8 headers, and Spoon make a 4-2 section only.

**Edit: before you ask... I sold the extractors at the start of the year.

Steer^Gimic
28-05-2005, 11:29 AM
correct about the twin oxygen sensors.
i hear RS*R have good results on B16A (1) motor

BSRacer
28-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I've been giving it some thought. Thanks Steve, I know the story about the two 02 sensors. I was thinking of maybe getting x-force and then having them modified for the o2 sensors, really shouldn't be to big a deal for an exhaust shop to weld a couple of nuts on holes that've been drilled in the right place. Does anyone know approximately how much kw or % benefit I'd really get out of it? I'm still toying with the idea of a cheap turbo kit as opposed to extractors if I don't get much increase in power. A cheap turbo kit really shouldn't cost that much more than brand name extractors, that's also why I'm thinking of x-force rather than mugen/spoon/zigen etc.

panda[cRx]
28-05-2005, 04:42 PM
A cheap turbo kit really shouldn't cost that much more than brand name extractors, that's also why I'm thinking of x-force rather than mugen/spoon/zigen etc.

hmmm it could end up a fair bit more if u'r gonna get ecu n stuff. i'm guessing by 'cheap' u just wanna run 6-7psi?
installing yourself? that would save a fair amount too:thumbsup:

mr crex
28-05-2005, 10:21 PM
man installing a turbo is gonna cost you more then 1200.

you gotta decide where you see your car going man ... and what you want out of it, then you decide what kind of power you want, and if you want forced or n/a

BSRacer
29-05-2005, 12:40 PM
I know turbo is going to cost far more than 1200, even for a 6 or 7psi setup, but I would get much more out of it. Realistically I think staying na is a better way to go for me, but forced induction does have a certain allure. I just see the bang per buck and start thinking turbo.

Steer^Gimic
29-05-2005, 12:40 PM
keep it reliable mate, dont install a turbo kit