PDA

View Full Version : General Q about d16a8

TYPE-ONE
28-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I turn the key. drive for say 30 mins. car is beautiful to drive

turn it off for say 5 mins. then start agn. drive. doesnt seem as smooth. runs like it doesnt has as much torque as before.

anyone have this same paranoia?

bennjamin
28-05-2005, 05:39 PM
welcome to the life of a d16a8 driver. Paranoid fullstop lol.

I THINK its an internal issue with the distributor - igniter unit or the coil failing or just playing up...my car has a rebuilt item and sometiems acts like you suggest.

Find another dizzy off the same engine and see if its the same -

TYPE-ONE
28-05-2005, 05:56 PM
maybe some iridium plugs and splitfire twin core wires may solve the problem.... i dernoe.. or it may be the engine temperature getting too high...i dont have CAI so that may be likely. i have an exposed pod. wateva the prob is its annoying. :(

bennjamin
28-05-2005, 06:03 PM
might be heatsoak thru the pod ? Try replacing the intake with stock , replace the sparkies with a new set and have alook inside the dizzy to see if the ignition + coil is up to scratch.

TYPE-ONE
28-05-2005, 08:29 PM
yeh i had to change the coil once before. they are really sensitive to things. i had to change coz some1 pulled one of my leads out while the engine was runing. that fried the coil. lol . ive replaced the intake with stock airbox before. ran much nicer. gives better low end torque than mah fat intake. but top end is poor. looks like CAI will have to be done. and upgraded plugs and leads.

thanks benjamin.