PDA

View Full Version : Complaint: People selling stuff

LatinoHatchCrap
24-01-2004, 09:10 AM
nothing major i've just noticed people trying to sell stuff and not even saying where they are or for which car their parts are; just seems to happen too often. Pics are good and they tell 1 million words so they're very important as well. (especially if selling a car or wheels)

Notes: descriptions/applications of the parts needs some improvement. How does everyone feel about this? (taunting and criticism of my comments are welcomed :twisted: )

A'PEXi
24-01-2004, 01:16 PM
yeh... it is a good idea to post pics... a bit more info on approx price... condition and all that sorta thing... the more info, the better/quicker your item will sell :D

Creative
24-01-2004, 01:50 PM
As a lurker I find it very annoying with the lack of description and specs for parts being sold....I guess there isnt a set rule for how to post stuff for sale but there shoudl be...

Reserve and Instant Price
Photos compulsory

This is how its pretty much done over at OCAU and other forums I read. Very easy to implement. I find I dont even bother with alot of the sales here due to lack of info and pictures.

Im new, so tell me to shut up if you want, but after being here for 1 month now, this is my observations :)

Cheers

crx2gen
24-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Is it possible for the admins to mess with the phpBB code and create fields such as the ones previously mentioned, and require them to be filled in?. I know with vBulletin you can require subject fields to be filled in, but not sure if its possible here. Otherwise there are always going to be people who aren't aware/forget to do it, and it becomes pointless.

wynode
24-01-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree that a bit more info is required, but I think what Creative is asking is a bit too much as not everyone has access to a camera.

Making people stick by it might be a bit tough! :|

eknine
24-01-2004, 11:22 PM
LatinoHatchCrap suggestion is good
maybe we can even allowed them to upload pix from within the site:)
least its store within and acts like a verification process whereby buyer upon receiving verified the "looks as its sold" and any discrepancies can also be acts upon....with pix hosted at any other it just any ugly incident waiting to happen:)

creative suggest on the price issue in theory is a good practice..however
....bottomline too many low-ballers and time wasters:)....and doesn't matter if the thing cost a $1, ppl still want discount:) (i.e when you tell them its firm, they still want to negotiate...well anyone can argue thats its a buyers market, however when something is sold at 150 firm, some would ask for it at $50 <-see the problem here or am i missing the point <laffz>

LatinoHatchCrap
25-01-2004, 09:48 AM
I've brought this thread to Rowies' attention. Hopefully things will change in rthe near future. :thumbsup:

Rowie
25-01-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree 100%

Its not always an available option to use a PIC when selling items, and I think people should start posting using a designated template? Something that looks like this:

ITEM: Test Motor
DESCRIPTION: This is a test item for demonstration purposes

PRICE: $1000

Started sale on: 25.01.04
Sellers Name: Rowie
Contact Details: rowie@ozhonda.com, 0414999999

It would also help if people edited their posts when the item is SOLD, so everyone knows and we can lock your thread.

What do you other mods think???

-rowie

Creative
25-01-2004, 02:40 PM
This looks pretty good.

Yep, not everybody has access to a digi camera, but a short description about the item can help this. Also maybe a link to the product if no pics are displayed :)

The part about saying it is SOLD is another good idea. Can you report posts on this forum? The seller could report the post saying the sale has ended and hence can be closed :)

I rekon this could work if tried :thumbsup:

wynode
25-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Sounds good. We just have to make everyone stick to the template.

Usually mods go through and lock the threads once the seller posts that the item is sold. Otherwise he/she just has to edit the subject and add a "SOLD" and the mods will lock it.

I'm thinking of what rowie posted we just have:

ITEM:
DESCRIPTION:
RESERVE PRICE (If any):

LatinoHatchCrap
26-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks fellas, IMO this is gona improve the board a lot and making buying and selling between members more feasible. In the end it conly benefit everybody :)

Rowie
26-01-2004, 12:39 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35138#35138