PDA

View Full Version : D2 Coilovers

spetz
30-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these?

How do they compare to other coilovers?

And especially how do they compare to Fulcrum Formula coil overs?

Any input would be great!

|N|
30-05-2005, 11:17 PM
i have no experience with them myself... but my mech told me that he had a customer had them on his dc5r... and he was very unhappy with them...

KB
30-05-2005, 11:58 PM
I have them and I love them.

Pum[Z]
31-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Got em on my euro...

Got em for a real good price so i think they are Bang for ur buck... 36 point Damper adjustment and height adjustment as well...

I'm happy with them..

CTR Coupe
31-05-2005, 12:39 AM
search and ye shal' find.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16329&highlight=coilovers

1. I don’t trust anything that needs to breach copy write to sell parts
2. Made in Taiwan
3. Not rebuildable so when they are leaking/broken they are in the bin.
4. Have been known to creak and groan a lot.

sharky
31-05-2005, 02:15 PM
from reading that link, it would scare anyone wanting to purchase some D2's. CTR Coupe you probably know of Marky from Exhaust Tech? He runs his S15 drift designated monster on D2's and he has a lot of high remarks for them. For the length of time he's run the car competitively, im thinking 3-4 years and hes replaced the D2's once. As for Tein, yes they are the best but they also have a name which warrents a farkin huge price tag. D2's are yet to really break into the market but once they do, ill bet they become a very popular and reliable mod for ppl with a low to mid budget.

CTR Coupe
31-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I looked into getting these about a year ago. I started doing serious research on them. When I found out that the link between the D2 race cars and the coil overs was a scam I began to question them more and more. Eventually found a WRX forum that had done a group buy. Basically all of the people involved were totally unimpressed by them after a year. The first few remarks were good but eventually they all either were noisy, leaked or went “soggy”.

The type of abuse that a car gets on a race track is a lot different to the type of abuse that a shock experiences on normal road.

Teins are great but the spring rates a horrible for Australian roads.

I’d rather invest in some koni yellows and ground controls. They may not be "real" coil overs but they will be better quality than these and they are able to be rebuilt within Australia.

and if you pay more than $1200 for them your getting ripped off.

sharky
31-05-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah, thats damn dodgy. The whole race car appeal had convinced me on getting D2's. Ive been looking into it but i think ill research some more before making my final decision. That is a plus about the koni's but what about them pissing their guts? Ive heard that koni yellows blow quite easily?? True or false?

CTR Coupe
31-05-2005, 07:58 PM
You will probably find that it’s down to "user error" rather than a problem with the shocker themselves. i.e. people turn them up too high to drive on the street. That’s only a guess tho.