PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this EK4 B16B

AF1
31-05-2005, 12:36 AM
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=1987305&current_rec=3&total_rec=7&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&keyword=VTIR&state_id=7&search_distance=25

$16000 is a pretty sweet price considering this car has been for sale for over a month now, the price is now in my range BUT im having heaps of douts.
Ive done my research on the CTR engine swaps and pretty much all i gotta worry about is the ECU, transmission, headers, exhaust and i think feul pump as well??? Correct me if im worng.

Thos headers look like they've seen better days, and should i bee too worried about the missing nut on the valve cover?

Anyways i dont want to walk into a money trap cos all i wanna spend my money on would probably be rims, skirts and front/rear lip. Id hate to spend thousand of dollars just to see the car in the garage for the first 3-6 months.

So is there anything i should look out for, tacho, ACon.........

bennjamin
31-05-2005, 09:37 AM
firstly , the "nut" missing on the cam cover ist too important- it holds the spark plug cover inplace and you can do without it.
Car from these photos looks OK - but if its got a magical "b16b" engine - and been for sale for over a ,month i THINK something would be wrong with this - usually the word "b16b" is mentioned and it would get snapped up in 3 seconds flat.

Go check the car - give it a test drive - really rev it out and feel if its roadworthy. Check all the body work for previous accieent damage ( by small dimples in the paintwork) and check in the front and rear for new putty along chassis lines.

Oh - chek on the engine block that it actualyl IS a b16b - not jsut a red cam cover :)
And ocourse get a REVS check or similar to check for any encumberances or previous accidents etc.

best of luck

causeraybay
31-05-2005, 10:43 AM
its been on sale for way more than just a month man...
maybe half a year or more...

EGB16A
31-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I say for that money you could get an EG and chuck a b18 in there, i'm a little bias cause i love my eg, but it would be my goal with that kinda budget.

J-MuN
31-05-2005, 11:21 AM
looks kinda too good to be true.. (price wise)... go inspect it.... dunno bout the B16B though..

good luck :thumbsup: and let us know the verdict ;)

Surrufus
31-05-2005, 11:26 AM
my advice is get it checked over by a mechanice or similar for any mechanical or body defects

keric_02
31-05-2005, 12:34 PM
its been on sale for way more than just a month man...
maybe half a year or more...

i think he's right... its been for sale over a month... at least 5 months i remembered looking at it ages ago... get it checked out by a mechanic

spoondc2
31-05-2005, 01:06 PM
i think he's right... its been for sale over a month... at least 5 months i remembered looking at it ages ago... get it checked out by a mechanic

Just wondering how to take the car to mechanics before you own the car? Gotta ask him to do so right? But that means he can do trick

joyride
31-05-2005, 02:08 PM
or get a mobile mechanic to come to you/the car.

CTR Coupe
31-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Ask him to let you have it inspected by a mechanic. If he doesn’t want you to have it inspected walk away.

Mobile mechanics are the worst. A certain mechanic that comes to you when you call 13 13 something.

This mobile mechanic told me that my engine had no spark and proceeded to try to sell me a new distributor. I then sprayed auto start in the intake and the car ran for 5 seconds.
The lesson is that they have no clue what they are doing most of the time and they charge a fortune.

<sloth>
31-05-2005, 03:36 PM
im looking at a car in geelong at he moment and i asked if i could get it checked by a mechanic....

the owner said 'no worries, i will even drop it off for you if you want!'

so if hes a little hesitant then im wth walking away... and it does look a little 'to good to be true!'

hope it helps

garett
31-05-2005, 03:38 PM
that particular ek4 with b16b my mate bought yesterday
so its gone. pretty quick too

garett
31-05-2005, 03:41 PM
they guy he bought it off seemed dodgy as if he didnt know anything but he did (could tell) i hate people who play dumb and change their stories.

it is definately a b16b as it was the first thing i looked for. needs a few touch ups in the paint but that is about it. good for money

CTR Coupe
31-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Car is sold no reason to keep this thread open.

LOCKED...