PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Rear Sway bar - Track impression

baboo
31-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Yfin, Nick, Matell, lots of ppl who have fitted uprated rear sway bar have explained to us how the rear sway changes the handling characteristic of the Euro. Well I have the oppotunity to tested it out on the track recently at QR, all in can say is one word - AWESOME!

I was a bit cautious on the first few corners because I know the rear sway bar made the steering very responsive and the car has more oversteery nature to it.

On the 2nd lap I started to push the car to see what it can do. My immediate response was "Hey this is awesome!". The car has neutral handling!! Before the rearsway bar upgrade I feel the front of the car is dragging the rear along through the corner felt very sluggish on the exiting of the corner. After the upgrade I can feel the rear sits flatter and help the front to guide the car throught the corner.

Steering adjustability has greatly improved too, I can steer with my throttle, more for understeer, less for oversteer. Very predictable. Less body roll is just a bonus!

Here's some before and after shots, it's not the same corner or angle, but you'll get the idea.

BEFORE
http://www.earthmach.com/temp/Ose_5992.jpg

http://www.earthmach.com/temp/Ose_6528.jpg

AFTER
http://www.earthmach.com/temp/Ose_7910.jpg

Photos curtesy of www.osella.com.au/wayne (http://www.osella.com.au/wayne)

VirIIx
31-05-2005, 12:09 PM
you can definately see there is less roll. stop trying to tempt me to buy one :b

V205
31-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Do you guys change the wheel alignment of your cars? Factory setup usually has front with less camber than the rear. But for track work or better handling, the front usually has more camber than the back.

baboo
31-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Front camber is non adjustable unless you get a front camber kit like this

http://www.spoon.jp/jp/products/lineup_master.php?category=1&item=09

yfin
31-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Great post Baboo - I am not brave enough to track the Euro. Maybe when it is 10 years old. hehe:D

Man - how many sets of rims do you have? You used to have grey Volks, now in these pics are some white rims and some Nissan rims!

Also - how much did it cost to paint your chrome grill to match the paint. I think it looks good!

I like how you removed one fog to get air to the CAI!

The sway is a great mod - bang for buck it is excellent.

Chris_F
31-05-2005, 12:53 PM
awesome pics, you can tell the sway bar makes a huge difference to the body roll.

hopefully i'll have whiteline sway bar and tanabe coilovers soon, and after a bit of training i can join you for a track-day.

i wanted to get TEIN's originally from fulcrum, but still no info after waiting nearly a month about when they'll get them in and for what price. Baboo, do u think the tanabes would still be suitable for a track once combined with the whiteline? i wouldnt be tracking all the time, maybe 1 or 2 times a year :p ?

baboo
31-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Whao yfin, alot of questions!! :D

White rims are not mine, I still got the VOLKS for street, 300ZX rim for track but I'll sell them soon as I really need stiffer sidewalls 17" tyres. Stock rims are sitting at home.

I didn't paint the grill, I just tape them up using some black tape. My car will never get a trophy in any car shows.

Chris F, your setup is more enough to do track days.

wynode
31-05-2005, 01:07 PM
A rear sway bar is the best friend of a FWD car :D

baboo
31-05-2005, 01:09 PM
VirIIx
Arctic Blue Euro Luxury MK04 6MT, 35% Mirrored Tint, Comptech Icebox. PIAA White LED Parkers, AdvancedOptik Yellow Ion Fogs. WHITELINE SWAY BAR :D

EURO-R
31-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Hopefully get my one soon from Peekay34, but someone suggested Whiteline 18mm is not enough, get something like 23 or 25. big difference, what do you guys think?

EURO-R
31-05-2005, 03:36 PM
baboo: did you removon fog to get air to the CAI! Becareful of When driving in the rain, water may esay into air filter, bad for your engine.

VirIIx
31-05-2005, 04:41 PM
VirIIx
Arctic Blue Euro Luxury MK04 6MT, 35% Mirrored Tint, Comptech Icebox. PIAA White LED Parkers, AdvancedOptik Yellow Ion Fogs. WHITELINE SWAY BAR :D

ROFL!!!!! :D :D :D

Slugoid
31-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Arctic Blue Euro Luxury MK04 6MT, 35% Mirrored Tint, Comptech Icebox. PIAA White LED Parkers, AdvancedOptik Yellow Ion Fogs.
Got sleeper?

There's more rice there than performance....I think you need the swaybar to balance things out :p

Suntzu
30-06-2005, 11:41 AM
No i have my euro, I wonder if the whiteline sway bar will increase nervousness at highways speeds and tracking? What I mean is, does the rear sway bar make the car for tiring to drive on long trips than stock?

V205
30-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Straight line driving.. the sway bar is not really doing much. Changing lanes quicker than usual on the highway would benefit from the sway bar from less body roll etc.

No i have my euro, I wonder if the whiteline sway bar will increase nervousness at highways speeds and tracking? What I mean is, does the rear sway bar make the car for tiring to drive on long trips than stock?

28RAG
30-06-2005, 02:29 PM
very good comparisons, i think ill have to invest in some for my gen5

leungie
30-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi there, do you know how much is the rear sway bar from whiteline?
would there be any difference (performance wise) in comparision with the jap brands like cusco?

Coz i was thinking the front strut and the rear sway bar!

Thanks in advance guys.

EURO-R
30-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Whiteline swaybar is 18mm, cusco or spoon 22mm 25mm? cusco is the best but expensive.

leungie
30-06-2005, 07:27 PM
so what's the prices for whiteline, cusco and spoon?
do u guys know if anyone's got stock atm?
I just want to put something into the car! LOL

V205
30-06-2005, 08:16 PM
I was told by cusco importer that they don't currently make a rear sway bar for the CL9.

I guess whiteline's 18mm version should be ok. something too thick can rip the mounts off when used on the track without re-enforcements.

euro77
30-06-2005, 08:49 PM
comptech sway bar is 22mm if you want to import it from US

yfin
30-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I guess whiteline's 18mm version should be ok. something too thick can rip the mounts off when used on the track without re-enforcements.

What mounts do you mean? The sway on the Euro is connected to end links which are ball joints (not sure if that is the technical name). It is not connected to the subframe (not directly anyway).

Sulley
30-06-2005, 09:18 PM
comptech sway bar is 22mm if you want to import it from US
i asked around, it costing around 200 USD to freight it to Aust...

V205
30-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Yfin,

I don't know either. I've just been reading about sway bars in general. If mount strength isn't an issue. If it worth doing the comptech 22mm sway instead of the whiteline?

It would seem whiteline is heavy duty and comptech is more towards extra heavy duty. I have no intention of tracking my euro.. but would like to take some corners spiritedly a few times a week.... will the whiteline be enough or should I still get the comptech? :D

-V

Sulley
30-06-2005, 09:36 PM
to get the comptech landed in Aussie, you're looking at around 400+.
Whiteline is about 200..
that's double the price..
i think i'll probably get the whiteline..

V205
30-06-2005, 10:14 PM
comptech is US$119, why would shipping be that much??

to get the comptech landed in Aussie, you're looking at around 400+.
Whiteline is about 200..
that's double the price..
i think i'll probably get the whiteline..

Sulley
30-06-2005, 10:21 PM
cause of the size?!?
i asked a few sellers on ebay as well as TSXparts and ard 200 is the average quote.
someone here bought a comptech and he said shipping = 1 whiteline + a carton of beer. think it was martell, can't rem..

leungie
01-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys i think i will go with whiteline then!
Can't wait.
Anywhere I can buy and install?

jolt
04-07-2005, 10:22 AM
My Whiteline swaybar could be up for sale next week, if anybody is interested in picking up a low km secondhand one that's only a few months old.

They truly do transform the handling of the car, I know a great place to fit it who fitted mine and for a VERY reasonable price or you could do it yourself quite easily.

Rod

SPEEDCORE
04-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Very nice Baboo :thumbsup:

Glad to see that your taking the big girl out to QR!

Sulley
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
My Whiteline swaybar could be up for sale next week, if anybody is interested in picking up a low km secondhand one that's only a few months old.

They truly do transform the handling of the car, I know a great place to fit it who fitted mine and for a VERY reasonable price or you could do it yourself quite easily.

Rod
i might be interested..
why you selling it anywya?

jolt
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm looking at getting a new car ... hence the "might be selling" part!!

Going to the launch this week and then hopefully test driving on the weekend so I'll let you know early next weekend if I am selling the Euro and hence any aftermarket parts on it.

thanks
Rod

Chris_F
04-07-2005, 08:02 PM
jolt - i'd be interested in the bar too. What car are you looking at getting? And what other parts do u have that you will be selling?

jolt
05-07-2005, 02:31 PM
****YFIN EDIT *** Sorry Jolt - you can't list items for sale in this section - please put into appropriate for sale section.

Also expression of interest posts not allowed - you will need to wait until you decide whether the items are for sale. You will also need to name a price.

jolt
05-07-2005, 08:43 PM
no problem ... sorry for the mixup, entirely my mistake albeit due to ignorance of the forum rules.

best regards
Rod

jolt
07-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Have decided not to sell the Euro and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future so for those of you who were interested, none of my parts are for sale!!

Sorry again for any hassles I caused.

thanks
Rod