PDA

View Full Version : head light question

PaZzMaN-R
31-05-2005, 10:06 PM
hey was wandering if anyone out there is having the same problem as me. i bought my civic with the problem. the problem is that it seems as though the top of my headlights is frosting over or something is happening but we dont know what. does anyone know what is going on or how to fix it or how it can be stoped. thanks :o

**Ghost**
31-05-2005, 10:16 PM
frosting inside or outside?

Waggy
31-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Do you park your car in the sun?

This effect can be caused by excessive heat exposure and can "fade" or "yellow" the headlight plastic and glass over a period of time. It may have been exposed to this in the past.

Well, that's my input. Experts?

Waggy
31-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, if it's frosting inside it could be a leak. Water could be getting in and causing condensation.

Honda_Pda
31-05-2005, 10:21 PM
yeh... there might be a hole in your headlight where the silicon is..
might not be ciliconned properly or somehow it produced a hole... = )

PaZzMaN-R
31-05-2005, 10:50 PM
it happed to both sides and it seems like inside and out. when we got the car we polished the plastic/glass it worked somewhat but not a great deal i have a friend its also happend to his civic. i do park outside but its generally in shade not sure about the person before me. it does not realy look as its cause from water but more sun or heat. any ideas on how to fix???

Honda_Pda
31-05-2005, 11:16 PM
aehhaeh i think i got the same problem with my civics tail lights...
it seems to fog up a little yeh???
well its probbaly a hole somewhere in the headlight/tail light so yehs...
i wouldnt know how to fix that besides trying to block the hole...
but the problem is finding it

PaZzMaN-R
31-05-2005, 11:37 PM
its situated at the top of the lights mainly and then faids as u go towards the bottom of the light only for around 5cm top to bottom . do you park your car in the sun honda pda???

Honda_Pda
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
yeah i do.. i park my car outside.. aeaehe = )
everytime i come out in the mornining that is...
it is all fogged up
only happens to my left tail light.... looks pretty ****ed but yehs... = )
until i fix it.. i guess its gunna stay.. = )

ITRBoI
01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
think its might be a little hole somewhere on the cover, cause my friend bmw has the same prob and he has a hole, or if your headlights are plastic then it's fading as time goes by, same thing happen to my brothers car, but he have a ford though with plastic headlights.

Surrufus
01-06-2005, 11:56 AM
i dont think its a hole coz mine are kinda frosted at the top and the cover feels a lil rough
maybe polishing the head light cover isnt the best idea. is it possible for polish to scratch the head light covers?

MoonSha
01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
That's what polish does Surrufus, it scratches things in differing amounts depending on the type of polish. I swear I read a DIY for giving headlights a real polish to make them look like new. Is it here?

rakfint
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
I think i've seen something similar.. i think my mate had this issue on his soarer.. i'll get ahld of him and see what I can find out..

ITRBoI
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
i think just over time the plastic headlights just goes yellow.....

CTR Coupe
01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
There’s a headlight polish DIY on Honda-tech. Guess you will have to go digging. That if the headlights are yellow. If it has water droplets inside the headlights there’s a leak somewhere

PaZzMaN-R
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
yes i think the problem is just due to time and the effects of heat and sun on the plastick its a pitty though. polishing took alot of it off but it still there. does anyone know how much new headlights are on a 98 civic

CTR Coupe
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
talk to MR Plow he was looking to sell his headlights before as he has baught some Civic type R ones.

phantom_civic
01-06-2005, 08:45 PM
yeah.. my mate has a similar problem with his...
he siliconed his headlight...
doesnt seem to happen no more..
but he saw the little hole it had...
not sure if yours is the same... = )