PDA

View Full Version : Suspension problem for my EG

-MuGen PoWer-
25-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi guyz
I curently have a set of H&R coil overs for my EG sedan. Everytime i go over bumps, the front left hand side, makes a loud bang noiise. i know its not hittin my front bar or anythin. i went to go chek it out at pedders suspension chek n they go the suspension is fyne and nuthin wrong with it. If i go over the bumps slowly wen driving on the road its fyne.

Any1 knows wats wrong??
:(

thanx

w_civic
25-01-2004, 03:26 PM
hmm maybe...u should check ur springs....sometimes it doesnt sit properlly...it happend to me b4...but once u fix it then its fine

A'PEXi
25-01-2004, 04:20 PM
bang noise? and there is no problem with the suspension? tyres hitting the guards?? doubt it will BANG u tho :P

[[d a n n y]]
26-01-2004, 08:14 AM
sounds like the springs

madgrk
26-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Yep springs not sitting correctly from what I can tell.. Happened on my bro's Mazda 929 until he got it fixed.. Tis a bitch to drive with a 4WS car and have your springs not sitting correctly tee hee

Theo :D

-MuGen PoWer-
26-01-2004, 01:26 PM
realli
do u know where i can get this checked??
so even if its adjustable coil overs the springs can still be outer place?
sorry i dont know much about this

CustomCivic
26-01-2004, 06:33 PM
any suspension place should be able to check it out for you

bennjamin
26-01-2004, 07:53 PM
It sounds like the front sussy isnt seated properly, hitting a sharp bump causing it to jolt...usually the front forks are not lined up properly and shimmy alittle when driving...

IF you know how to install sussy urself etc then just jack the car up , take off the wheel on the designated side, and just re-fit ur front sussy - taking care to properly torque and lube each bolt and nut.

Make sure the front shocks and spring is sitting firmly into the front fork too.

If not - just take it to a sussy place and give thema quick look.

Redteg
26-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Hehe, sussy.

Pardon both my ignorance and stupidity but are H&R's actual coilovers or coilover sleeves?

The sleeves (and coilovers) I have seen in pics seem to seat the spring by the bottom of the springs being flat, and the top sussy (hehe!) mounts incorporating a conical mount. i.e. springs are free to move but are located upon compression. That is assuming that they are not complete coilovers with a helper spring.

Oh I dunno, If I heard the noise first thing I'd check is the upper portion of the wheel well to see if the upper arm is hitting that. Also, as Ben said, I'd make sure the shock/spring assembly is bolted up well.

-MuGen PoWer-
27-01-2004, 12:10 PM
thanx alot guyz
i'l go get it cheked

Rowie
27-01-2004, 12:45 PM
keep us updated with what the outcome was :)

BoneZeeŽ
09-02-2004, 06:46 PM
If ya in Sydney take it to Online Performance...they did my H&R shocks and springs and ive never had trouble with them :)

-MuGen PoWer-
09-02-2004, 07:30 PM
yeah i went to online performance to get the ride height adjusted
didnt tell them about the problem

i should go there 1 day

-MuGen PoWer-
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
okay
i found out what the problem is
the previous owner of my car got defected for the ride height so he put spacers(black metal pieces about 5cm) to make it look higher without adjusting the suspension.
so i just need to take the spacers out n readjust the ride height and everyhting will be fine

A'PEXi
11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
spacers to make it look higher? i thought spacers move your wheels out :P

eknine
11-02-2004, 11:28 PM
spacers to make it look higher? i thought spacers move your wheels out :P

yeah i thought so...explain pls mugen-power? 8)

-MuGen PoWer-
12-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Well 2 my knowledge i was told the spacers were on top of the coilover suspension. Australias best undercar put the spacers on before.

So im not really sure

ah789454
12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
its was my friends car. he got defected for being too low. so they put spaces in to lift the car so its at legal height. i know that loud bang it make when you hit a bump. just get them removed

mugen power - would you by any chance wanna sell the car. the previous owner wants to by it back ( MR JDM). we also got the side skirts for the car if you wanna buy them. it too had to be removed because the car was to low.u wanna see a pic of the way the car looked before to smash at the front email me and il send you the pic. ah789454@ihug.com.au