PDA

View Full Version : Good spring load for street

spetz
01-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Ok guys,
I have fulcrum coilovers in my car and they seem to be quite good,
However... I don't feel confident with them at high speeds.

The worst thing about them is that if you hit a bumps, potholes etc the car is ok, it skips a bit but no problems even at high speeds, but the problem is when you get those "waves" in the roads it feels like it wants to fly off.

The spring loads are about 220 lb front and 170 lb rear (they are progressive, this is the "softest" rating and both front and rear becomes about 60 lb heavier once compressed a bit)
How do other people feel with coilovers? I noticed that it's not only my coilovers, but Teins are even worse!!!

Terry
01-06-2005, 01:08 PM
depends on the set up....mine is 6 kg in fount and 4 kg in the rear.....so far no drama at all.....Tein is not shit as far as i know:D .....

ITRBoI
01-06-2005, 01:37 PM
i have tein on my car with the edfc and i found that there is no problems whatsoever, got my settings on medium and dont find anythng wrong with it, i have tein flex

chinkdood
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
ITRBoI. how long have u had em for? does it make squeaky noises?

chrisvella
01-06-2005, 09:34 PM
If u are feeling that it is mainly cause they are too soft it wouldn be the coilovers unless they are old & may need to be revalved...but try a stiffer spring rate...the car may feel heavier but you will be able to corner alot quicker aswell...

Ronin 09
03-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Ok guys,
I have fulcrum coilovers in my car and they seem to be quite good,
However... I don't feel confident with them at high speeds.

The worst thing about them is that if you hit a bumps, potholes etc the car is ok, it skips a bit but no problems even at high speeds, but the problem is when you get those "waves" in the roads it feels like it wants to fly off.

The spring loads are about 220 lb front and 170 lb rear (they are progressive, this is the "softest" rating and both front and rear becomes about 60 lb heavier once compressed a bit)
How do other people feel with coilovers? I noticed that it's not only my coilovers, but Teins are even worse!!!
Could be a number of factors. As you go over a 'wave', the suspension unloads, and it is in effective rebound. If your shockers are a bit iffy, this will feel uncontrolled and give you a sense of 'waftiness' (i understand this is what you're feeling?). A worn shock combined with a too heavy spring rate (though your rates are pretty good for street for a car of such low weight) won't help this feeling
cheers :)

mr crex
05-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I am running Zeal Superfunction with 16kg Front & 14kg Rear :) with the damper setting around mid ... I love it ... feels fantastic.

however from past experiences if you just drive on the street and never track... then 8kg F and 6kg R would prob be best setup.