PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler removed from dc2, need plugs to cover

zorrt
01-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey all,

Stupid question but here it goes anyways, anyone know where I can get plugs to cover up the hole on my teg after removing to spoiler? And what are they called? Plugs? or is there a special name for it? I bought a set the other day but it doesnt exactly cover it up so maybe I'm missing something here. I want to use them instead of patching it up so that if needed I can just reattach the spoiler back on.

HRV-80Y
01-06-2005, 01:28 PM
go to supercheapauto n ask for grommet's not plugs !

grommet's will stay in the hole and prevent water leak, just try n find the right size i guess...

GROMMET's !

ITRBoI
01-06-2005, 01:33 PM
if thery dont have it at super cheap go to autobarn they have it there cause my friend bought it for his car

hebe
01-06-2005, 01:39 PM
do you guys know what size grommets they use?

ITRBoI
01-06-2005, 01:45 PM

nope but had i look at my friends one and it looks about 1/2 cm???

HRV-80Y
01-06-2005, 01:54 PM

hebe measure it wit ur... then go into the store n match it... :p jkz

nah if u ask guys who work dere supercheapauto they take it outside n open the lil pack n let u try it on...trial n error with size...

remember its rubber grommet u can squeeze dem in tight ;) ;)

joneblaze
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Mo, I'll find my empty grommet pack and tell you. Just drop into Repco or Bunnings or Supacheap or whatever. If you need a hand with the winglessness just grab me or e. :)

hebe
01-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Mo, I'll find my empty grommet pack and tell you. Just drop into Repco or Bunnings or Supacheap or whatever. If you need a hand with the winglessness just grab me or e. :)

Cheers Jon! Will do!

I unscrewed the bolts the other day and the wing wouldn't budge so I was like "FECK IT" and went back upstairs:p :D

DLO01
01-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Supercheap definately have them as I got some for my car for the same reason. Just measure the hole as they have a few sizes. :thumbsup:

HRV-80Y
01-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Cheers Jon! Will do!

I unscrewed the bolts the other day and the wing wouldn't budge so I was like "FECK IT" and went back upstairs:p :D

did you unscrew all 4 bolts ? :p

if u did n still dun budge, u need 2 yank it off ! might be stuck wit d glue dat is used...but becareful wen u tank it off u might scratch ur car like i did wit d bolts !

get a fwend one on each side...:D

zorrt
01-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys! I was thinking of using rubber grommets but i couldnt find one without a hole in the middle so i just got the plugs. I'll just keep looking around some more, using electrical tape at the moment.

hebe
01-06-2005, 09:17 PM
did you unscrew all 4 bolts ? :p

if u did n still dun budge, u need 2 yank it off ! might be stuck wit d glue dat is used...but becareful wen u tank it off u might scratch ur car like i did wit d bolts !

get a fwend one on each side...:D

Hahah yea because the bolts came off...Yea the glue is kinda hard...oh well I'll leave it for when I am bothered and Jon tells me the size...hehehe

snowman95
01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
you can just use some black no more gaps type stuff, (in the tubes) cant remember what its called exactly, fill the hole, you can then paint it with some touch up paint, and when you want to paint your hatch they can be popped out so you can weld the holes, cheapers than grommets and a bit more versitile

Boost
02-06-2005, 12:52 PM
or just tget a bolt that just fits.. and bolt up the hole,,:D nar only kidding... grommet it... these things are everywhere.

kraftycuts
02-06-2005, 06:25 PM
clark rubber

jonni3e
06-06-2005, 06:37 PM
They're called 'Blanking grommets' and you can pick them up at supercheap.
Its in a plastic box handy pack of 4 and they are from a brand called 'champion'.
The size for the dc2 wing holes is 3/8" and the code number is BH018
Hope that helps.

zorrt
06-06-2005, 11:36 PM
They're called 'Blanking grommets' and you can pick them up at supercheap.
Its in a plastic box handy pack of 4 and they are from a brand called 'champion'.
The size for the dc2 wing holes is 3/8" and the code number is BH018
Hope that helps.

if only u replied earlier with that, i went supercheap and went in and out trying out all different sizes eheh, just kept refunding each time but the girl there was cool with it.

ok, anyone know how to paint it ahah, i used them patch up paint and it just peeled off =/ so now i have 5 black buttons on my boot...

edw-R
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Go to autobarn paint counter. Some guys will teach you how to paint.

Q_ball
07-06-2005, 12:19 AM
i rekon if ur gona take ur spoiler off...get the holes welded up and then resprayed to have that clean look!
so much beta than havin 4 lil bud things poppin out of ya boot

FEL12X
07-06-2005, 12:57 AM
i regret to put a spoiler on my teg 5 years ago...

i also want to take it off but dont want to spend money again to cover the holes...

feel stupid...spend money to drill 4 holes..now paid to fill them...

shouldnt start in the beginning

reyesone
19-06-2005, 04:58 PM
ok so i took off the 4 bolts, bought 4 3/8 grommets and when i took off the spoiler i find 6 holes !! WTF? 1 for the wiring for the brake light on the spoiler, and another where a screw held itself onto some plastic thing (dunno how to explain it..)

anyone know the sizes for these other 2 holes?

cause they are definately larger than 3/8 and i dont wanna go out and buy some grommets which wont fit

any help please?

jonni3e
19-06-2005, 05:09 PM
6 holes? Well my vti-r had 5 holes, 4 for the spoiler and 1 for the wiring. I know what you mean when you say that the wiring hole is larger, but unfortunately the next size up for blanking grommets are the 1/2" ones and they are too big. So I just bought the 1/2" ones and cut them so that they'll fit in snuggly. Hope that helps buddy, however there might be some easier solutions that other people may suggest.

kousoku
19-06-2005, 05:13 PM
yea what do you do to the 5th hole, on vtirs' where its bigger to fit the cable for the brake light which is located on the spoiler.
there are 4 holes that are 3/8" in size, then one larger one, prob about 6/8 or 3/4". wondering what to do about that, don't think grommet would work. would need a bath plug.

zorrt
19-06-2005, 06:35 PM
For me I used a 1/2" grommet (BH019) for the wiring hole. Fits perfectly. The the other 4 holes I used the 3/8" (BH018). Doesnt fit too well but the next size down is too small. Hope that helps. I'm sure they'll let you refund so it doesnt matter if you buy the wrong ones, just try it on your car after you buy it, save you from going back home and back to the shops if it doesnt fit.

Rocksteady
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi, I've unscrewed the 4 bolts and the spoiler has come out loosely however there is still a cable thats attached to it..how the heck do i unplug it..i dont see plugs or sockets. Its a 98 Vtir teg. Thanks.

south
13-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Hi, I've unscrewed the 4 bolts and the spoiler has come out loosely however there is still a cable thats attached to it..how the heck do i unplug it..i dont see plugs or sockets. Its a 98 Vtir teg. Thanks.

If its the electrical wire to power the brake light, u will have to snip it (watch out cause i think that even though the car's power might be off, the wire is still live). Cutting its your best option cause you would probably have to go a fair way back to find a plug, and that would be difficult taking the wire through the spoiler or through the hatch. After that put some electrical tape over the top and tuck it back into the hole.

OHH NO
14-11-2005, 10:59 AM
i cut mine and just dropped it back down the hole heheh
electrical tape the end if you want.. then i just plugged it up wit some grommets 3 1/8 size model number bh018

i_own_you
30-07-2006, 02:13 PM
need help!

DC4 spoiler
4 screws undone, but the spoiler still wont come off...

any reasons why? seems that there is another screw on the left hand side

BIG`O
02-08-2006, 06:24 AM
do type R's have the five holes or just 4???

STOCK
02-08-2006, 09:37 AM
need help!

DC4 spoiler
4 screws undone, but the spoiler still wont come off...

any reasons why? seems that there is another screw on the left hand side

Might also be double sided taped down. just use a bit more force or use somthing to pry it up.

Q_ball
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
DC4 spoilers have 4 holes...so yeh, ^might have some tape or some other sticky substance on the underside of the spoiler.

GReY_CVC
02-08-2006, 12:11 PM
i posted the question through my mates a/c about the spoiler....

is urs DC4 a post 98?... as mine is 2000 model the right side came off and there was 2 holes for bolts and one big hole for cables for brake lights..

have you personally done this b4?.. it seems like there would be 6 instead of 5 holes ... im not 100 % sure

as the left side wont come off.. when i try to peek in the gap it seems like there is another bolt that i wont be able to get to unless i strip the boot interior panels.. jus wondering if you would know bout this?

or does neone know a website to go to for information/manuals dedicated for integras interior or body ?

BIG`O
02-08-2006, 03:05 PM
try team-integra.net articles section :)

armak81
02-08-2006, 03:35 PM
pop the bonnet on any EG civic, look where the holes are for mounting a OEM dc2r strut brace. you will find your grommet plugs there.

GReY_CVC
02-08-2006, 04:11 PM
ill try team integra net.... if any one else have info plz help... thx dudes....

GReY_CVC
13-08-2006, 01:08 PM
spoiler removed ... yay..

well neway this is info for neone interested... mine is 2000 model DC4... theres 6 holes.. 4 is bolts one is cable... and one more is a plastic clip which is very hard to take off.... i ended up going to a smash repairer n he cut it with his gas powered cutter.....

but now plugged with black grommets being a black car.. it looks sweet.. :P

cheers...

GReY_CVC
13-08-2006, 01:10 PM
one more thing... no need to cut ut wires.... as i simply opened my hatch panel and disconnected it from there... just a simple clip... save you hassles later if you want to put it back on...

stanleym
30-05-2007, 09:12 AM
one question.... wat did the base of the wing look like etc... as in how did u guyus get all the tape glue item off and did u buff the paint up again

will cut and polish do the trick??

kaino
04-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi mate, you can buy black rubber grommets in the electrical section of Bunnings hardware they come in all different sizes from a 20 - 50 cent piece