PDA

View Full Version : Fouling Plugs on H22A?????

LO_N_SXC
02-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey Prelude Guys!

Need your help with something....

One of my mates is working on a 95 lude for this chick that he knows, she just bought the car on Sunday and on the way home it started missfiring / fouling????? is like you step on the gass and the car sounds like a REX lol
then me and my mate changed the plugs on it last night and seems to be better, but not by mutch and he also cheked the leads and they seem fine and also had a look under the cap and looks A OK! :thumbsup:
but it is still having problems????? :confused:

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem with their Ludes and how did you go bout fixing the problem???? is it something common????

BTW: the car seems like it needs a good service! so could it be the Coil pack? if so how can we check?

Cheers Guys!

Alex

ASSASSIN
02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
check the headers and exhaust aswell make sure they not leaking.

LO_N_SXC
02-06-2005, 11:32 AM
check the headers and exhaust aswell make sure they not leaking.
We have cheked for any condensation on warm up, coz we were worriying that it might have a blown head gasket but its all good, but why would I have to check the headers and the exhaust?
or you're being sarcastic coz I said it sounds like a REX? lol

Bowzer
02-06-2005, 11:40 AM
get another distrubutor and test.... possible ignitor or coil is on the way out...

Check your ground wires as well bad grounds as well

LO_N_SXC
02-06-2005, 12:43 PM
get another distrubutor and test.... possible ignitor or coil is on the way out...

Check your ground wires as well bad grounds as well
Will do later tonight!

Cheers!

ASSASSIN
02-06-2005, 02:24 PM
No no a friend had a whole and it sounded like a REX.

weezer
02-06-2005, 03:07 PM
are all the leads plugged into the dizzy? It usually sounds like a wrx when one of the leads keep popping out of the dizzy. And also check the grounding

Nightrider
02-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Check the air filter too. If its dirty clean it. It may be a factor.

Lokmok1234
02-06-2005, 10:31 PM
hrmmm....seems like she didn't buy a very good car now...

LO_N_SXC
03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Naahhh dont get me wrong me and my mate cheked it out for her and it's a very clean car! all it needs is a good service and a bit of a clean up and my Midas touch to turn it into gold and we are rockin! is just that we cam eacross this problem on the way home, but now my friend changed the plugs on it and its running better but not 100%.

I think we might have to change the leads,dizzy cap and maybe the coil.....

Luky for her this same friend of mine works at Bosch so geting the parts shouldn't be too hard and expensive to get.

thanks for your help guys! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Alex

ECU-MAN
04-06-2005, 12:16 AM
may I ask how you tested/inspected the leads. was it just a visual test, or did you measure threre resistance.

even thought there resistance is fine they can still be ****ed !!!!!

LO_N_SXC
06-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the help guys, my mate just bought a new Dizzy cap + Rotor + coil and gave the thing a full service and now she puuuuurrrrrssssss like a kiten! lol

Cheers!

Alex.