PDA

View Full Version : Projector light problem

Baopham
03-06-2005, 12:48 AM
hey fellas.
just installed some nice projector halo lights on an EK hatch..

and this is the way it is hooked up:
high beam and low beam hooked up as normal, but i hooked the halo ring lights to the fog lights since the previous owner hooked the fog lights to stage 1 beam (park light).

at first, my low beam fuse kept blowing, and my passenger side lite would not work, but the halo rings were fine. then i tried disconnecting the fog lites, which means i loose my halo rings. low beam worked fine, but then my high beam fuse kept blowing... all the problems were in the passenger side headlite.. driver side worked fine all the way, high and low beam.

should i souce the power halo rings to sumwhere else? if so what?
and why does the high beam fuse keep blowing?

i just want it to work.. ne one know what the problem could be?

any help would be appreciated..

cheers

Baopham
03-06-2005, 11:18 AM
neone?

egSi
03-06-2005, 12:12 PM
projectors r so complicted, not worth it sometimes, maybe go to an auto electrician man?

Baopham
03-06-2005, 01:12 PM
yea its giving me a huge headache.. gona try some lower wattage bulbs and try hooking up the halo rings to the parker lites alone and disconnect the fogs...

do u happen to kno what bulbs the ek 99 angel eye projectors use? h3?

egSi
03-06-2005, 01:14 PM
man i wouldnt have a clue.

i reakon to hook em as per instructions :thumbsup:

Limbo
03-06-2005, 01:35 PM
try putting a high amp fuse, i had to do that when i put in a large system in my old car.

Just increase the fuse in small leaps.

Baopham
03-06-2005, 01:56 PM
tried that.. after i disconencted the fogs and halos, got low beam working, put a 20A fuse into the high beam, and it blew... :S

Cvik_ryda
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
i got projector on my Ek1. Projector use H1, connect your rings to the park light i did it like that and it been over a year since i have it and it still working no problems. u just have to run you fog light seperate from the lightin system in your car it better and less electrical interference. hope that help

hondafever
03-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi mate, make sure you put right amp fuse as original, the highest voltage doesnot mean good. try to separate installation of fog lamp to different switch,as far as I know the halo ring should be connect to parkes. :wave: :wave: Better check with auto electrician

Baopham
05-06-2005, 04:21 AM
fair enuff.. il try it and see how it goes