PDA

View Full Version : Will my engine fit ??

Hawk
03-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I have a reasonably nice b20a in my 89 lude, and in the quest for speed, I want to lose a considerable amount of body wieght. My question is, will my b20a fit into an EG civic ? I know that people are always puting in b16a's so would the b20a fit ? Any info and/or advice is more than welcome.

FastAz

vinhy
03-06-2005, 05:53 PM
yes it fits. not sure if its a straight fit or if theres any mods needed to be done. my aunt's brother has a eg wit a b20 in it. i heard that its really fast

Lokmok1234
03-06-2005, 11:47 PM
b20 should fit. k20a and h22 can be done why not the b20 right?

Captiva_Blue
03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Pretty sure that all engines in the 'b' family have same/very similar exterior block and transmission dimentions just different internals/head to change the displacement and specs. Would probably have to get aftermarket mounts though to swap from the 'd' family motor in most egs and use the b series box..

CTR Coupe
04-06-2005, 01:45 AM
the b20a lude engine is the black sheep of the b-series(is nothing like any other b-series). im not even sure if the b-series mounts are the same.
Its best you leave it in your lude and find annother engine for your hatch

LSD Motorsports
04-06-2005, 07:14 AM
the b20 mounts are the same as the b16. You do need a mount kit though. Id turbo charge your b21 as opposed to swapping a b20 in.

Zdster
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM
the b20a lude engine is the black sheep of the b-series(is nothing like any other b-series).

Not that I doubt you, but can you explain this a little bit more. Bit of a noob when it comes to the b20.

Hawk
10-06-2005, 10:23 AM
the b20 mounts are the same as the b16. You do need a mount kit though. Id turbo charge your b21 as opposed to swapping a b20 in.

Ok Ok. The B20A I currently have (in the lude) has been all rebuilt with considerable amounts of money thrown at it, and a lovely T28bb hanging off the front. For this reason alone I want to use my B20A.

I had previously heard that they were 'the black sheep' of the 'B' series engines BUT I have also heard of people bolting them in with the b16a head.

I really don't know what to think about this possible conversion. It sounds absolutely AWSOME on paper but will it work ??

FastAz

Kawasaki
10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
what year is your lude and your eg anyway?

Just looked in your VBG and ur prelude is an 89, u know its illegal to put an old engine into a newer car...?

Hawk
10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
what year is your lude and your eg anyway?

Just looked in your VBG and ur prelude is an 89, u know its illegal to put an old engine into a newer car...?

Umm yes I did know that but somehow overlooked it :(

What about ED civics. Didn't ED's come out with the same enigine as EG's. (d15b) If so does that mean that the mounting points are in a similar position. ???

Thanx
FastAz

Tu88y
10-06-2005, 04:06 PM
You should be able to put the B20 into your EG. From what I was told all B series engines uses the same engine mounts......

CTR Coupe
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok Ok. The B20A I currently have (in the lude) has been all rebuilt with considerable amounts of money thrown at it, and a lovely T28bb hanging off the front. For this reason alone I want to use my B20A.

I had previously heard that they were 'the black sheep' of the 'B' series engines BUT I have also heard of people bolting them in with the b16a head.

I really don't know what to think about this possible conversion. It sounds absolutely AWSOME on paper but will it work ??

FastAz

I’m not sure about the engine mounts but I know for a fact that the b16a head does not bolt on to the b20a. You’re confusing it with the b20b and b20z, which are both CRV engines.

As I said before it’s the "black sheep" of the b series because the design is completely different to all other b serries and cannot be used for CRVTEC conversions.

Hawk
10-06-2005, 09:58 PM
I’m not sure about the engine mounts but I know for a fact that the b16a head does not bolt on to the b20a. You’re confusing it with the b20b and b20z, which are both CRV engines.

As I said before it’s the "black sheep" of the b series because the design is completely different to all other b serries and cannot be used for CRVTEC conversions.

Is the engine mount position completely different ?? I knew they could not be used for CRVTEC conversions but assumed the engine mounts on a b20b would be the same as a b20a ?? Not true ??

Thanks heaps oh wealth of b series knowledge

FastAz

CTR Coupe
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Is the engine mount position completely different ?? I knew they could not be used for CRVTEC conversions but assumed the engine mounts on a b20b would be the same as a b20a ?? Not true ??

Thanks heaps oh wealth of b series knowledge

FastAz

You have to realise that this "b series" was around before the b16/b18/b20b.

This is a CRVTEC conversion you’re talking about now you’re saying you know they don’t work?? :confused:

Honestly this is a dog of an engine. If you want to try and recoup your money best you remove it from your lude sell it as a bolt in package to someone with a lude and place a standard engine in your car.

Your best bet would to look up to see if people have done b18/b16 conversions into a lude and find out if they used the standard engine mounts.

I honestly don’t know if the engine mounts are the same. But I know that this "b-series" is nothing like any other b-series engine.

Hawk
11-06-2005, 07:07 AM
You have to realise that this "b series" was around before the b16/b18/b20b.

This is a CRVTEC conversion you’re talking about now you’re saying you know they don’t work?? :confused:

Honestly this is a dog of an engine. If you want to try and recoup your money best you remove it from your lude sell it as a bolt in package to someone with a lude and place a standard engine in your car.

Your best bet would to look up to see if people have done b18/b16 conversions into a lude and find out if they used the standard engine mounts.

I honestly don’t know if the engine mounts are the same. But I know that this "b-series" is nothing like any other b-series engine.

I made the mistake in assuming that a b20b would be very similar to a b20a.

Thanx heaps for your info I may just keep the lude as I was just toying with the idea on how to lose a truck load of wieght quickly.

I'll search to see if anyone has done b16/b18 conversions in thier lude and maybe this will shed a lil more light.

Once again, thanx heaps

FastAz

Mugen_B16B
11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
u should get a b16a head, i heard that they go hard, got a friend who noes this guy who dont it and dam killed vtir tegs. frankenstien!!!!!!!!!!!

CTR Coupe
11-06-2005, 10:48 PM
u should get a b16a head, i heard that they go hard, got a friend who noes this guy who dont it and dam killed vtir tegs. frankenstien!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS! You’re a moron. Read the thread before you make posts. B16a Head DOES NOT FIT ON A B20A!!! Can I make it any clearer? You need a CRV engine to do this type of conversion. Thanks for you input.