PDA

View Full Version : Replacing left headlight of EG civic

azurenights
03-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Hi has anyone done this without having to have their hands squashed by the power steering container? I know the power steering container is held by a clip and I have removed it from the clip, but its still there squashing my hand when I replace the headlight. Right now my new bulb is stuck loosely in the eye but i pushed it too far in. Any help here???

garett
03-06-2005, 06:59 PM
maybe try undoing the bolts at the top of the headlight assembley so it wiil come forward a bit

heist
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
yeah undo the 2 top bolts and the ont behind the front bar, the whole light will come out....

mugeneration
04-06-2005, 08:15 PM
its either that or get someone with small hands to do it. I replaced my headlights not long ago..... very painful.

OzSir2
11-06-2005, 01:08 AM
If you are still having probs with it, take the whole light assembly out by pulling back the inner guard liner to remove the screw attaching the corner of the bar to the guard and remove some of the screws on top of the guard where the bonnet closes...this should allow you to slip the assembly out without scratching your bumper.

mj3610
11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
lmao i had exactly the same problem when i got defected for halogens. its a messy and paiful job just sqeeze it in there or find someone with small hands, i personally wouldnt and didnt take out the fluid container.