PDA

View Full Version : aUTO GEAR box Problem?

Nodachi
03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, my auto Civic seems to have some problem when goin up and down gear. It felt like a rough shift on the manual when it shift up gear...is my gear box fked? or do i need to change tranmission fluide? thanks..
Daniel

D16Y
03-06-2005, 08:38 PM
yeah ive got the same prob man.
mine was really bad so i changed my atf n put that nulon auto trans. additive, was much better but its still has a little jerk wen shifting

jamchen
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
remember when you do the ATF change, you have to tell them to drain and flash it with a new bottle of ATF, f brefore filling in the new ATF. because you may still have old fluid in the pipes or something...
just asked no long ago they charge 120 or something for ATF change. :D

D16Y
03-06-2005, 09:03 PM
that means that i would of had to get 6 bottles of ATF!!! lol cbf man and i dont think if would of got rid of the jerkiness anyway lol

ECU-MAN
03-06-2005, 11:58 PM
changing the ATF defantly is a good idea, also have the throttle cable and trans cable looked at. if the trans is not rooted, most likely a bad adjustment on the trany cable

Nodachi
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Any recommendation on where i should go?

SINISTR
04-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi All,

Also - incorrect Ignition Timing will have an effect on how your Auto Gear Box will Shift.. it can make it change very hard, or not change at the right time - stuff like that...

But yeah - 1st stop is changing the transmission fluid - but having the gearbox flushed is also a good idea.