PDA

View Full Version : Mini Boost

2ds
27-01-2004, 02:39 AM
Hi guys, just odered one of these to play around with
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Going to fit it to a friends magna and see how it goes. I'll post some pics and some impressions after we get it hooked up.

I might order another one to cool mycomputer =D

-2ds

poid
27-01-2004, 07:21 AM
hope your mate wants to lose power :lol:

let us know how it goes, should be good for a laugh i reckon!

madgrk
27-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Do they really work? Thats a cool sound they make (sounds like a vacuum lol) Love the way it flies in the air when he lets it go.. Would make a good test to see if it works :)

Theo :D

EDIT: How much do they cost in Australia roughly??

VTEC16
27-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Performance Guarantee:
After purchasing and (properly) installing the e-RAM on your engine, you do not feel that the performance increase is what we have claimed (4%-6% HP increase), you just need to do the following within 30 days of receiving your e-RAM to get a full refund*.. Take your car to a dyno test in your area. Make dyno runs with and without the e-RAM activated,and take a picture of how it was installed. Mail the e-RAM back to us with the picture, a copy of your receipt, and a clear copy of your dyno comparison results (signed as witnessed by the technician running the dyno). If the dyno shows the e-RAM does not increase horsepower in your engine by an average of at least 4% of its previous horsepower throughout the 3000 to 6000 rpm range, and we conclude from the picture that you have installed the unit correctly, we will give you a full refund* and even pay for 1/2 your dyno fee! (up to a maximum of $50 reimbersement) *Full refund does not include shipping charges *Please see "compatability information" section below We challenge any other manufacturer of aftermarket bolt-on horsepower devices to make the same commitment! We know it works!

[[d a n n y]]
27-01-2004, 10:28 AM
used to sell em at auto joy...

makes u look like a wanna b turbo :D

madgrk
27-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Does that mean you can run a BOV off it too? lol this electric turbo/supercharger stuff is getting out of hand :?

Rowie
27-01-2004, 10:37 AM
show me dyno results!

personaly, i think this electric turbo stuff is a big scam. Your better off spending the money on a CAI!!!

I am not even sure if this belongs in FORCED INDUCTION hahaha :P

[[d a n n y]]
27-01-2004, 10:45 AM
u cant put a BOV

it's just waste of money

poweredbyhonda
27-01-2004, 12:06 PM
You can go twin turbo with a twin throttle setup! How about quad turbo on a quad throttle setup!!! Fully shick!
I'd be suprised if a computer fan can give you 1psi of turbo boost. :roll:

Rowie
27-01-2004, 12:32 PM
I have a honda tuner mag here, and they tested a hiclone electronic turbo on a B16A, and it actually lost power according to the dyno!!

2ds
27-01-2004, 01:19 PM

That's what i figured. relax guys, I'm just messing around and I'm curious to see how well it works and anyone who says a technology isn't valid because you can't put a BOV on it can bite my shiny metal arse =)

They make model jet engines with simular fans. if you watched the video they supplied on their site you would have seen that the engine creates enough thrust to lift it's self up vertically. 1psi is hardly a high target to achieve. You guys obviously don't know what electric motors are capeable of if you are bagging them off hand like this.

http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero_pages/tzero_home.htm
They toast ferrari's in these =)

-2ds

madgrk
27-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Thats a cute car. I like it :D

As for electric forced induction, I guess with a lot of R&D it could become something quite useful. Wouldnt wanna drive through water with that baby running though, might zap ya if you were on WOT lol :P

Rowie
27-01-2004, 02:51 PM

That's what i figured. relax guys, I'm just messing around and I'm curious to see how well it works and anyone who says a technology isn't valid because you can't put a BOV on it can bite my shiny metal arse =)

They make model jet engines with simular fans. if you watched the video they supplied on their site you would have seen that the engine creates enough thrust to lift it's self up vertically. 1psi is hardly a high target to achieve. You guys obviously don't know what electric motors are capeable of if you are bagging them off hand like this.

http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero_pages/tzero_home.htm
They toast ferrari's in these =)

-2ds

didnt think we were talking about electric cars, just the electricsupercharger :?

heres the dyno results before and after using the HICLONE system, the same as the electricsupercharger.

Rowie
27-01-2004, 02:59 PM
http://www.coresupreme.com/gallery/albums/userpics/dyno01.jpg

2ds
27-01-2004, 03:13 PM
You're officially no fun Rowie. I shall call you the unfun man from now on.

-2ds

Rowie
27-01-2004, 03:15 PM
wtf you on about 2ds?? :D

just posting up the results tested on a B16A ;)

no doubt electric cars are fast..... instant acceleration :thumbsup:

VTEC16
27-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Performance Guarantee:
After purchasing and (properly) installing the e-RAM on your engine, you do not feel that the performance increase is what we have claimed (4%-6% HP increase), you just need to do the following within 30 days of receiving your e-RAM to get a full refund*.. Take your car to a dyno test in your area. Make dyno runs with and without the e-RAM activated,and take a picture of how it was installed. Mail the e-RAM back to us with the picture, a copy of your receipt, and a clear copy of your dyno comparison results (signed as witnessed by the technician running the dyno). If the dyno shows the e-RAM does not increase horsepower in your engine by an average of at least 4% of its previous horsepower throughout the 3000 to 6000 rpm range, and we conclude from the picture that you have installed the unit correctly, we will give you a full refund* and even pay for 1/2 your dyno fee! (up to a maximum of $50 reimbersement) *Full refund does not include shipping charges *Please see "compatability information" section below We challenge any other manufacturer of aftermarket bolt-on horsepower devices to make the same commitment! We know it works!

I was trying to show that the before and after dyno runs are compared with the "supercharger" INSTALLED!!!...just when it is turned on and when it is turned off......of course there will be a big difference with it sitting there, causing a flow restriction!!!...anyone else notice this??

A'PEXi
28-01-2004, 12:56 AM
lol it does look like a computer fan, useful for overclocking? :P

2ds
28-01-2004, 06:00 AM
lol it does look like a computer fan, useful for overclocking? :P

as long as you don't mind the occasional small bird or mammal being sucked into your pc and turned into hamburger.

-2ds

madgrk
28-01-2004, 09:08 AM
ROFL @ hamburger comment!

2ds
03-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Okay this is hillarious.

We did the dodgiest job EVER on installing this thing. Got the inline version because i was planning to mount it in the magna but the magna airbox is weirder than i thought. anyway it ends up mounted in my car ...

If We had a pod it would have gone in in abouthalf an hour. not having a pod we had to attach it after the stock airbox. I can't believe the size of teh resonator on the crx it is MONSTEROUS!!! so anyway we pulled out the resonators and using some trusty aircon ducting from bunnings plumbed it down into the bumper bar. the fan is cabletied to the chassis in about 7 places. so i've ended up with a DIY CAI for the time being.

The fan is only supposed to opperate at WOT so we cable tied a switch to the intake manifold that will operate when WOT occurs.

I'm planning to disconnect it all soon but it has been hillarious.

The intake sounds so much bassier it isn't funny. it's a great sound. the whining of the fan isn't so great....

I can honestly say I think it provides more power at the bottom of the rev range <4k I'm not sure about higher up than that though. either way the car sounds heaps faster with the CAI..

I'll post some pictures of my horribly tortured car when i get home tonight.

-2ds

madgrk
03-02-2004, 06:41 AM
lol thats awesome man.. shoulda dynoed to see the results hehe :)

2ds
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Okay.

More thoughts. the TP switch is placed excellently. I can reach WOT without the fan engaging and then if i depress the accelerator a little more it comes on. I've actually been less of a lead foot with this installed because I don't really want the fan coming on during everyday driving.

I do believe it has given me more power in the bottom end. eg in second gear from 1k rpm @ WOT it seems faster. This is ofcourse about the least usefull power i could get, enspecially on a B16a with a close ratio gearbox...

picture of the switch, i have to take this off before it falls off =)
http://www.crypt.cx/TP%20switch.jpg

the relay bolted to the battery
http://www.crypt.cx/relay.jpg

this is the stock crx intake + resonator. the container is about 4l i think, I can't believe how big this thing is!
http://www.crypt.cx/intake.jpg

we banged some mesh into place over the fan so it didnt' suck anything big in
http://www.crypt.cx/meshed%20eram.jpg

ducting being routed into the front bumper
http://www.crypt.cx/ducting.jpg

I need a turbo conversion....

-2ds

-2ds

Weq
03-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm at 5psi now, and no N/A boltons could compare. The power throught the rev range is fantastic, such an improvement. Cant wait to tune and turn it up :)
save ur cash, by some tools and sooner then u expect u could be bolting on ur own snail...

madgrk
03-02-2004, 10:37 PM
He can definently afford a snail atm, he sells imported turtles to the Columbian government. They use them for experiments with LSD, cocaine, and acid etc..

Sick, sick man he is.....