PDA

View Full Version : NSX twinturbo YAY or NAY???

SpOOn-FED
05-06-2005, 11:53 AM
hey guys do u think honda will ever release a V-tec twinturbo model NSX a lil bit like the JGTC M-tec NSX but only a base model.......?

i reks it would realy eat up all of honda'z competition with no crumbs on the side i meen come onn manz

V-tec+ TwinTurBO+ aluminium chassis+MR layout+mugen engineering
=A VERY FAST HONDA!!!!

tel me watchu guys think yes or no??......

grncvc
05-06-2005, 12:23 PM
would be great, but i reakon would be out of most people's price range..
but i rekon will give the ferraris and porchaes a run for their money...
BUT WILL STILL NOT BEAT A GTR lol being the skyline lover i'am :P

Waggy
05-06-2005, 12:29 PM
A stock NSX-R is already quicker than a stock R34 GTR in a 1/4 mile.

A twin turbo NSX? I reckon that would be pretty sweet. Everyone seems to think that the NSX-R GT model that recently had some production renders released maybe a turbo as it has a snorkel intake hanging over the roof like an MR2. THAT, would be interesting.

grncvc
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Waggy]A stock NSX-R is already quicker than a stock R34 GTR in a 1/4 mile.QUOTE]

lol as i sed i'm just a skyline lover =)

but i think NSX would most likly to go with a super charger if they gonna do any force induction..

Waggy
05-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Haha, yeah I don't mind Skylines. Supercharger? Nah, they'll do turbo if they will go F/I as Honda and Mugen had HEAPS of turbo experience from the turbo F1 era, plus the JGTC NSX is a turbo.

It sounds mean too.

Kawasaki
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
From what ive read at places like TOV Honda haven't found a turbo that meets their quality needs etc etc.

^^v
05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
imo for production cars they should stick to NA engines...
i mean the NSX-R as is (being the fastest JDM car) can out do ferarris n porsches around a track (baring the circuits with very very long straights.. thats where the current NSX-R suffers compared with its higher hp rivals)... n pulls of an impressive low 12 sec quarter mile...

all the NSX really needs is more hp... n with the gentlemens' agreement being scrapped... hope Honda's next gen supercar is equippe with a more powerful.. higher revving unit...:D

from wot i've seen.. the TT NSX's in the JGTC still had trouble keeping up with the Z's n supra's (in the beginning of 2k4 season.. not sure bout now)... they were gettin worse positions than wot they got with the NA c32b...

SpOOn-FED
05-06-2005, 05:55 PM
yeh i agree also with the NSX needing more hp and losing to the other manufacturers.....
but then again honda doesnt deal with turbo cars only N/A
i truly think that if honda and mugen realy put der heads together they would probably bring out a machine that would rival cars like ferrari'z, porschs and there main rivals in the japanese market or even more so............
who knows with a twin turbo layout with a V-Tec high revving engine they mite even put an ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE set up on the NSX....
but hey thats jus an un-reachable dream by us honda lovers
anyways skylines aint dat fast i say gimme an N/A tuned NSX than a GT-R anyday!

^^v
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
i dun think Honda would have any trouble at all building an NA engine that makes HUGE hp... but u gotta keep in mind its not only power they have to consider... emission laws play a big big role now days... if they dun pass a certain emission rating.. they wont be able to sell em...

but in saything that.. if u look at the s2000.. its a 2l (LEV... Low Emission Vehicle) unit revving to 9krpm... producing >170kw.. say u double the displacement.. u'd be gettin somehwere around 340kw/455hp (just looking at it logically...im not entirely familiar with the internal physics of an engine) .. which is sufficient imo... u'd wonder why they havent done that yet... but meh wot do i know bout engines lolz..

J-MuN
06-06-2005, 01:42 AM
hahaha, nice thoughts fellas... :p sounds interesting but the NSX-R already is fast enuff for me...:p

Twin Turbo sounds interesting but rather keep it N/A... As ppl have already stated, hondas

are known as the mighty manufacturer of N/A cars...

THRUST
06-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Honda's engines are too small.... thats all, make a engine comparable with the others (ferrari,lambo, porshe) and Im sure it will rock!

egSi
06-06-2005, 12:29 PM
seems a lil pie in the sky to me

z3lda
06-06-2005, 01:03 PM
sheppards pie or whole hearlty meat meat pie?

egSi
06-06-2005, 01:50 PM
sheppards pie or whole hearlty meat meat pie?

neither, wimpy chicken :thumbdwn:

SpOOn-FED
06-06-2005, 06:37 PM
well aight suppose honda did make a different NSX one with "bigger engine", "Higher revs" More Hp and More kilowat stronger V-tec would u guys think that it would be enough.............i think if they were to do that maybeh they could do more drastic things also like......................errrmmmmmmmmmmm
ALL WHEEL DRIVE IT! WHOA DAYMN NOW THAT WOULD BE CRAZY!!!!!

and if that happens i seriously think that if spoon was willing enough or any other aftermarket brand such as............Apex'i or maybeh even Greddy would be more than happy to make an aftermarket turbo charging kit for the new NSX
as for me supercharging realy doesnt do it for me.............

more opinions anyone????

ah8118
06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
there is a twin turbo nsx in aussie. i've seen it before at melbourne AVO. car was built by them. the owner lives in queensland i think. its a pure track car... the sound that it makes is just.... *droolz*....*wets his pants*... apparently, the driver is some really rich guy... (heheh whats new...)

Fr3aKi3
06-06-2005, 09:04 PM
there was also an american with a black nsx, single turbo i think
500hp..... not sure if its at the wheels or what
but either way 500hp is a lot....

Lokmok1234
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
according to wheels magazine, the new nsx project was sort of scrap so bummer for you all. honda is having alot of trouble making their body design working to the specifications they want. also other problem came up and it was too much to fix so they scrap it. But don't believe me on that i just read it in wheels magazines.

Tu88y
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't think Honda would go towards the Turbo. Honda will keep most of there cars NA.

But a Turbo NSX that sounds sweet

[[d a n n y]]
07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
well aight suppose honda did make a different NSX one with "bigger engine", "Higher revs" More Hp and More kilowat stronger V-tec would u guys think that it would be enough.............i think if they were to do that maybeh they could do more drastic things also like......................errrmmmmmmmmmmm
ALL WHEEL DRIVE IT! WHOA DAYMN NOW THAT WOULD BE CRAZY!!!!!

and if that happens i seriously think that if spoon was willing enough or any other aftermarket brand such as............Apex'i or maybeh even Greddy would be more than happy to make an aftermarket turbo charging kit for the new NSX
as for me supercharging realy doesnt do it for me.............

more opinions anyone????
oi Noob it VTEC not V-TEC
doe it say V-TEC on the engine cover???
no it says VTEC
can your back up your first quote there
skylines aint that fast anywayz.

[[d a n n y]]
07-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Haha, yeah I don't mind Skylines. Supercharger? Nah, they'll do turbo if they will go F/I as Honda and Mugen had HEAPS of turbo experience from the turbo F1 era, plus the JGTC NSX is a turbo.

It sounds mean too.
they are 3.2L N/A
only the lemans prepped NSX-GT2 was twinturbo

|N|
07-06-2005, 11:52 PM
]']
skylines aint that fast anywayz.

:thumbsup:

^^v
08-06-2005, 12:37 AM
]']they are 3.2L N/A
only the lemans prepped NSX-GT2 was twinturbo

pretty sure the current spec GT500 NSX's r TT
n the 95 GT1 was TT...

meh honda have plenty of turbo 'know how'.. u just gotta look at the old F1 days...

[[d a n n y]]
08-06-2005, 01:36 AM
pretty sure the current spec GT500 NSX's r TT
n the 95 GT1 was TT...

meh honda have plenty of turbo 'know how'.. u just gotta look at the old F1 days...
hmm really intresting might look into that
since when did they move on to turbo
i thought they preferred N/A due to the more linear power curve

SpOOn-FED
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
seee dun act like u know too much buddy and chillax so wat if i say "V-TEC" insted of "VTEC" its prety much the same jus the way i type it......

and skylines aint that fast track racing stock to stock the nsx beats the r34 GTR by 2 seconds so they not realy that fast its just got huge hype because the RB26dett is renownd for its power

but power to weight the NSX beats the skylines easily thanks to its all alloyframe and very revvy engine..........

Kawasaki
08-06-2005, 10:53 AM
]']hmm really intresting might look into that
since when did they move on to turbo

I believe the nsx gt was made so they could comply with rules in the jgtc.

^^v
08-06-2005, 11:15 AM
]']

yeah im not too sure why they changed either...
i guess it could be to do with the rules.. but i dun see why they needed to change to FI... they were doin fine with the NA unit...
i mean dun the rules just state that the GT500 must have 500hp.. no more no less...

Kawasaki
08-06-2005, 11:37 AM
i guess it could be to do with the rules.. but i dun see why they needed to change to FI... they were doin fine with the NA unit...
i mean dun the rules just state that the GT500 must have 500hp.. no more no less...

Do we even know for sure that the NSX GT is a turbo? but i think the reason for its build was the body, from what i remember reading there was only a certain amount of extra length etc you could modify the original body.. thus the reason for the NSX GT so the nsx teams could have their massive flares etc.

Other than that I don't know.

^^v
08-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Do we even know for sure that the NSX GT is a turbo? but i think the reason for its build was the body, from what i remember reading there was only a certain amount of extra length etc you could modify the original body.. thus the reason for the NSX GT so the nsx teams could have their massive flares etc.

Other than that I don't know.

wot do u mean by the NSX GT?
the cars in the JGTC?

well as i said before im pretty sure the GT500 NSX has TT (i think implemented in 2004)... as for the GT300 NSX.. i think they might be NA...

yeah the body can be oversized by 50mm i think...

EDIT: ooh u mean that limited build production NSX-R... i doubt its turbo... imo it looked pretty ugly...

ajnsx
20-06-2005, 12:07 PM
It's now known as 'super-gt' as they have international events now, such as Malaysia :)

destrukshn
22-06-2005, 04:25 PM
YAY!

Turbo kicks ass! Twin turbo kicks mo' asss! lol.

[[d a n n y]]
22-06-2005, 05:30 PM

lol 500hp is a mere guideline
i read on the article most cars dont reach the upper limit of 500hp
it's more of a Power to weight ratio..

Kawasaki
22-06-2005, 09:15 PM
]']lol 500hp is a mere guideline

NSX's in the 300 Class run at around 380+ HP and crush all :D

^^v
22-06-2005, 09:26 PM
]']lol 500hp is a mere guideline

i heard intake restrictors r added so they dun go too much over the 'guidelined' hp.. 0_o

meh... i dunno :confused:

[[d a n n y]]
23-06-2005, 01:00 PM
reason they reach such speeds are due to the fact they have massive donwforce

T-onedc2
23-06-2005, 01:08 PM
There's only five NSX-GT's built purely for homologation purposes, Honda even produced a full brochure to promote it.
Yes it's twin turbo approx 373kw (500hp). Not sure whether 3.0 or 3.2 capacity. I know the GT500/Super GT runs 3.0 twin turbo. :thumbsup: