PDA

View Full Version : Honda Hrv Turbo!!!!!

SpOOn-FED
05-06-2005, 10:00 PM
sup peoples
well ever since i was little my brother and i have always wanted to have a project car of our own and now we have it
i myself have a
Dc5 (JDM) Honda Integra Type-R
and my brother has a
BMW 318i

and we were approached by my dad and asked if we wanted to buy our family car a honda HRV....and as my brother and i were reminiscing we thought that the HRV could be our project car.....

and now i come to you'z
we were thnking of going totally different with a little bit of money to burn we were thinking of an engine transplant from the new honda accord euro and turbo'ing it with the 4wd layout still intact.........
but as i said "thinking still" so i need your opinions if it will work or not....?

well will it????......
(p.s going for originality thus the HRV)

wynode
05-06-2005, 10:12 PM
For a project car..........i'd look elsewhere in all honesty.

stephen8512
05-06-2005, 11:21 PM
agreed.
your DC5R is an excellent base as a project car. there have been a few type R's that have been tuned for maximum power as well as everyday drivability.
it also depends what you want out of the project car. drift? track? drag?
if the both of you want to start a project car, and if ur not fussy on car make, i'd say get a nissan 180SX or something similar as this has the base covered for drifting/dragging and tracking. plus there are many mods out there that will be cheaper than the honda mods as the nissan range is more mainstream IMO
originality doesnt mean a different car (it might to some) but IMO, if u, say, get the 180 and do mods no one has ever tried/attempted, then even though its a 180 shell, itd still be original
my 2 cents

Waggy
05-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I for one actually like the HRV idea.

I wouldn't go for all out performance but a good dollop of poke for sure. I think if you lowered it down to just over the guards, whacked a set of nice rims on it and did a bit of engine work it would be super cool and original.

Just my .02

kenshin
05-06-2005, 11:46 PM
too much money... throw some my way :)

tRipitaka
05-06-2005, 11:52 PM
with the money u get from selling the HRV.. buy something cheap, and use the rest of the money on mods..

and i know it's not original, but it'll be worth it..

dudeling7
05-06-2005, 11:57 PM
I think with the HRV you could make a pretty pimp cruiser like ppl have said get some nice rims and slam it and some small engine mods.
Dont know if its worth the money and time to do the euro engine swap and turbo it though IMO man.

If it was me i would prefer to do up a DC5 as you have as its got much more potential performance wise and can look awesome too. the HRV is definatley different but in the end its up to you.

^^v
06-06-2005, 01:39 AM
if u got money to burn..
do it!.. dun see many boosted K24 HRV these days..:D

Pum[Z]
06-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Well its a project car for 2 brothers.. So i think they can't mod their own cars for it...

The HRV would be a awesome project car.. I don't know about turboing a K24 engine but orginality is something u want then that would be definetly original...

Keep us posted on ur outcomes...

joyride
06-06-2005, 08:12 AM
how about buying an odyessey (sp?) as a family car and turbocharging that? :drool:

egSi
06-06-2005, 11:45 AM
u should get an old school civic wagon swap/boost that :thumbsup:

HRV-80Y
06-06-2005, 04:57 PM
HAHAHAHA oh man brings back memories !

trust me a civic is better for a moddin...easier 2 find parts if anyfing...

i owned a hrv...had plans 4 turbo but scrapped...jus the thought of heads turnin lookn around for a skyline 200sx etc when u hear a BOV only to find a pimped up hrv turbo'd was very temptin...

here's of thread of my car pimpn HRV :D :D :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9150&highlight=HRV

SpOOn-FED
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
hrrrmmmmmmmmm Honda ODysses aye sounds like a good plan
i know that my HRV planz are a little drastic and may even be out of reach but i was also thinking of just putting in a H22a engine from a prelude and working from that.....

but the odyssey idea is crazy iv always loved the idea of a pimped out turbocharged family car with a sign on the back saying "baby on board"

CRAZY!!!!!

Kawasaki
07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
waste of cash and time.

Tu88y
07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I say do it.... Everyone to there own.. A pimp out HRV "WHY NOT"

Chris_F
09-06-2005, 11:20 AM
i say go for the odessy its got a k24 in it already and are probably the best looking family car around, there are even some nice body kits out for it.

i've already seen some in my area with large 18 and 19'' wheels and even just the wheels makes em look the business.

my vote: black odessy, big turbo, big wheels, big stereo :D

_CiVIC_
10-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I came across this Honda Odessy, in my opinion its HOT!!!!!

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2354&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

clikz
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
I say do it!
you'll get satisfaction outta driving something uniquely hot around :)

That odesseys HOT! :thumbsup:

dc2dc2dc2
10-06-2005, 12:31 PM
ahaha...i say don't do that...just make it a pure show car chuck on some 24" chrome spinners ! PIMP STYLE ! don't need speed.

Campbell
13-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Great potential. It'd be so unexpected. The 4wd would give excellent handling capability.

Check the handling options availlable in Europe. I'd expect some pretty radical odds and ends would be available from Germany.

And lowering with rerated struts and low profile wheels would be a good lead in.

lazymofo
13-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I came across this Honda Odessy, in my opinion its HOT!!!!!

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2354&sort=1&cat=all&page=1
DAMN!!!!! that hot!

MoDCoN
13-10-2005, 11:41 PM
waste of cash and time.

umm you both seem to have pretty good cars atm... why waste money on something random like the hrv? a god project would be getttin something old if you must... but i guess if you're rich enough to burn it away on a turbo HRV... with its high centre of gravity and fwd 4x4 set up... then who are we to stop you... yes its possible, but i dont think its been done = less help/support...

lokchoy
01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
do you guys have one of them money trees at your house?

tappz
15-01-2010, 03:06 PM
So...Did you make the HR-V Turbo?

What else can you do to the HR-V Motor besides turbo?

Also...Is it possible to make the HR-V a full time locked 4WD?

~Sp33~
16-01-2010, 10:14 PM
So...Did you make the HR-V Turbo?

What else can you do to the HR-V Motor besides turbo?

Also...Is it possible to make the HR-V a full time locked 4WD?

Not easily.

You can remove the clutch and replace it with a solid axle.

INVSBL
17-01-2010, 02:01 AM
thread bump of the year!!!!

would be cool to see the crv drivetrain in the smaller hrv.

~Sp33~
17-01-2010, 08:44 AM
thread bump of the year!!!!

would be cool to see the crv drivetrain in the smaller hrv.

It practically has the CRV drivetrain already.

INVSBL
17-01-2010, 12:15 PM
sorry, i mean a k24 set up.