PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust - single or double?

Val
06-06-2005, 12:59 AM
If anyone knows, if there are any advantages/disadvantages to having a twin exhaust, ie one on iether side, compared to the single one?? Anyone out there know what the aprox cost be to put in a twin for an ED sedan???

^^v
06-06-2005, 01:09 AM
twin exhaustz r only good for bling factor :)
imo stick to single tip...

LSD Motorsports
06-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Yes a true dual exhaust only has function on v6/v8 motors. You have to exhaust manifolds and the air flows better out of each individual pipe. With a 4 cyl itd be a waste of time and possibly a loss in power.

joyride
06-06-2005, 08:03 AM
LSD you may have to rethink the words you use next time :)

dual exhaust = two mufflers on each side of the car (like the euro accord)
twin tip exhaust = two exhaust pipes on the same muffler.

some people might get confused, but youre right, one tip is good enough for a 4 cyl car.

z3lda
06-06-2005, 10:11 AM
cost is about 20bux for tip 10$ or less for a bit of extra pipin and some weldin job for about 40bux. for an extra tip on a muffler.
u can get twin exit mufflers for around 150$. -/+

it will look funni on ur ED becuz there is only 1 exhaust cutout on the bumper. unless u add another homejob cutout on the other side of the bumper

egSi
06-06-2005, 10:22 AM
i suggest u get 1 nice muffler man, custom twin muffs = flat hyundai

Val
06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Fair enough, i'l get a single cannon :)

ASSASSIN
06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I agree with Trav get a decent muffler dude.

sirvtec
06-06-2005, 11:02 AM
hey my friend has twin tips on a ED and i think it looks pretty nice
looks better than a canon style.
a cano style just don't suit the car coz ED is an old car it makes it look funny.
if u know what i mean, thats what i think.

mugeneration
06-06-2005, 11:41 AM
speaking to a mechanic on the subject in the past, he said that the additional exhausting runs right next to your fuel line and the extra heat could cause bubbles or gaps or something in your fuel. Hence the reason I havnt persued it any further. Looks nice when its done right though.

Val
06-06-2005, 05:28 PM
a cano style just don't suit the car coz ED is an old car it makes it look funny.

I do know what you mean, my friend has a canon on his ED sedan, and it does look out of place. I recon it will look good only if the car has other things done to it, maybe a spoiler and an aftermarket rear bar should do the trick

[R]
06-06-2005, 05:36 PM
i reckon get the xforce twin tip muffler that points up at the ends..

they're quite nice on your car.

honda_vtec_bro
22-07-2005, 09:20 PM
then why do hondas top designers give it dual exhausts

LSD you may have to rethink the words you use next time :)

dual exhaust = two mufflers on each side of the car (like the euro accord)
twin tip exhaust = two exhaust pipes on the same muffler.

some people might get confused, but youre right, one tip is good enough for a 4 cyl car.

panda[cRx]
22-07-2005, 10:15 PM
hey my friend has twin tips on a ED and i think it looks pretty nice
looks better than a canon style.
if u know what i mean, thats what i think.

sounds like you are reffering to dtm style tips. thisguy is talking about one on each side of the car. but yeah anyway i reckon a dtm style (http://www.autopassion.co.nz/images/headers/DTM%20Stainless%202.jpg) would suite the car more