PDA

View Full Version : handling..ITR vs CTR

flyhonda
06-06-2005, 04:31 PM
is the handling exactly the same here or are they different in load spring rating and so forth? also i was playing GT4 the other day and we had a ITR vs CTR battle (as im sure most of you guys have done aswell :D ) and the CTR seems to catch up round corners..thats what got me thinking could it be suspension setup? cheers

ekslut
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
From what I have heard and seen (BMI) I think the CTR is meant to be a bit better at handling. They have different spring rates, and so on. But I have always liked the hatch for handling.

_CiVIC_
06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
LOL! gotta love GT4!!! w00t w00t

tegstar83
06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
whic models??

Perry
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
as ekslut said the EK9 does handle a bit better due to heapz of factors, springs, sway bars, weight, etc etc

bennjamin
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
as ekslut said the EK9 does handle a bit better due to heapz of factors, springs, sway bars, weight, etc etc

According to what ? Gran turismo 4 ? Or have you driven both these cars long enough to compare ? :rolleyes:

Both cars have similar setups , and are very similar weight etc. One's a coupe and one's a hatch...Performance across the board im sure these are very very similar.

Perry
06-06-2005, 11:22 PM
According to what ? Gran turismo 4 ? Or have you driven both these cars long enough to compare ? :rolleyes:

Both cars have similar setups , and are very similar weight etc. One's a coupe and one's a hatch...Performance across the board im sure these are very very similar.

yep i have driven both of them but its not stock 1's but it all depends on wat the car has done in suspension wise as well and engine, i finded drving the hatch is more fun thats my opinion anyway:D

spoondc2
06-06-2005, 11:32 PM
I think CTR have better stablity on high speed corner due to the shorter track base and wider wheel base. I don't mean big difference but by reading the factory data it shows that CTR have better stability but ITR have better potentials on tunings with engine and chassis

For example, 98 spec ITR have 10mm wider wheel base on rear comparing with 96 spec to minimise the occurance of lift-throttle oversteer and the strength bushes stiffness comparing with 96 spec

Engine and power mods includes piston, ecu, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifold...etc

Correct me if i am wrong, i read that article from Spoon ages ago so i think i might have something wrong

DOHCVTEC
11-06-2005, 02:40 AM
saw in a series of BM sometime... the EK9 had a better time through this ONE CORNER compared with the DC2R (96spec) but the 98spec would be quicker or pretty similar to the EK9 i'd imagine... better look back at those vids and find something on these 2/3 cars

SpOOn-FED
11-06-2005, 11:29 AM
hrrrmmm im not too sure also iv driven both of my frends cars they have a CTR and ITR
both JDM ...
i drove it when they 1st got it and im not too sure ..... we took it to wakefield one time to see how fast they would go stock and it felt like the ITR had a lil bit more drift compared to the CTR
when i reached this one corner it fealt as if the ITR was sliding but when i used the CTR at the same entry and exit speed and almost the same mid cornering speed (i think slightly more than the ITR) i fealt it only once after i adjusted to the car it had no more understeer but i did the same laps with the ITR and still had it
im not sure if it was the Tyres? or maybeh it was the basics of the two body types
than again they are two different cars even though they could almost weigh the same one might have a lower center of gravity than the other....
but who knows the car owners before mite have done something to them so u cant realy rely on used vehicles der is always a possibility of tampering
we wont ever know unless sum1 has a mint condition CTR and a ITR straight out fo the factory........
(if anyone has them please "PM ME I WOULD LOVE TO ROB U!!!! hehehe jks jks jks)

wynode
11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
In otherwords SpOOn-FED, your experiance was inconclusive! ?

SpOOn-FED
11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
yer.... it prety much

SiR JDM
11-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Im not sure if it was BMI or not but i saw a video of an ITR and a CTR go at it on a certain track in japan.

The ITR came out winner by about a second. Of course this doens't mean it necessarily *handles* better.. but overal performance on track.. the 2 cars under same condition.. same mods (stock afaik), same track, weather, condition, very similar drivers, the ITR came out on top.

CONAN
11-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I read a little article before stating the CTR would come out just slightly faster than an ITR

spoondc2
11-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I do believe that stock CTR is lack of power, there are but not much difference between a B16B and a B16A. Could anyone confirm that do B16B have the same kind of lighten and strengthen internals like B18C? I think they don't

wynode
11-06-2005, 07:04 PM
there are but not much difference between a B16B and a B16A.

To start with.....they use two totally different blocks.

Phantasm
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Im not sure if it was BMI or not but i saw a video of an ITR and a CTR go at it on a certain track in japan.

The ITR came out winner by about a second. Of course this doens't mean it necessarily *handles* better.. but overal performance on track.. the 2 cars under same condition.. same mods (stock afaik), same track, weather, condition, very similar drivers, the ITR came out on top.

On this video you can see the torque of the ITR pulling away form the CTR, its all straight line and power delivery not handling. The handling is very similar on these cars, and performance would be more down to driver than car i believe.
Except in a straight line ofcourse....

Terry
11-06-2005, 08:18 PM
It means that if getting all the right stuff (Sway bar, coilovers, tower bar etc)....normal civic handling can be better than ITR.....:D

Javed
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I can't believe you used a game to try and pass judgement as to which is the better handling car.

spoondc2
11-06-2005, 10:52 PM
To start with.....they use two totally different blocks.

Oh i see... so what are the differences? I mean any code or number?

wynode
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Oh i see... so what are the differences? I mean any code or number?
b16b is a destrocked b18c. So they share the same block. It's been talked about a bit on these forum so do a quick search :)

spoondc2
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
b16b is a destrocked b18c. So they share the same block. It's been talked about a bit on these forum so do a quick search :)

Cheers mate..... i will find out :thumbsup:

IRI
12-06-2005, 02:36 AM
whatever car is red will pwn

CONAN
12-06-2005, 09:19 AM
errrrrr. yehhhhh okay man

SpOOn-FED
12-06-2005, 09:57 AM
red??.....
not dat color thing agen manz it jus looks fast
i think sum1 actually fell for that extra 5klw thingy jus because its red