PDA

View Full Version : Lowest you can go with just springs on EK

02ZZI
07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
I am looking to get my car as low as possible. At the momment i got some blitz springs on my car and they have dropped it enough for the past 7 months. Now i am gonna be working on the looks of my car i want it lower. What have you people used to get your car as low as possible. I want mine to sit as low as literally possible. Can you recommend some combos. I preferably only want to use springs not koni's, or coil overs. should i go custom k-mac's or what? please help. Show us some pics of your ek hatch if its sitting low. Thanks heaps

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
ytou doing with bodykits on??? hope not?? have you try jumbo springs?? they can make any size you want, but its going to be a rough ride. you can prevent it a little bit but still very bumpy

civlowwer
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
i found with my ek sedan that i needed coilovers, my car can have rim tuck on 17s, but it sits about 20 - 30 mm off the ground, atm its lowest point is about 50 - 60mm, looks trick but you will have major problems with camber, like i did, i had about -4 degrees at the front and about - 3.5 degrees at the rear, after a month u have a wear on the inside of the tyre. i've had spring seat before but found that standard shock wont last been that low, a gas shock that is a half shock will be best suited as you will still have the full stroke of the shock. if you want the best ride and the safest, get some coilovers with damping trust me, having a low car on spring with standard shocks is the wrost ride ever. I have got these coilovers (http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/index.htm), just installed them on the weekend and finding them really good. These have about 8 inch of adjustment, so if u want your car to be low get coilovers.

Peace

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah i know i once had a paseo and it was dropped right down o the gromment of te shock and its really really bumppy, even on the straight. You wont enjoy your ride

nobbs
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
hey dude i used to have an EK hatch b4 i had my coupe and the hatch was slammed on just springs, it was 4inches lowered at the front and 3.75 inches at the back, i was riding on 18s and the ride was ok, but once u put ppl in it it was pretty damm bouncy...the front guard was just over the rim (not just tyre but rim) and the back was sitting on the rims also, i used jumboz springs just like ITRBoI said, they will make any height for u, although if u ask for too low they will give u a funny look but just insist and they will do it. i had them springs on standard shocks and i didnt have any problems, i drove it like that for 1.5 yrs before i sold it, the new owner has had it for bout 8 months and still has it at the same height

on my coupe i got the same springs (3.5inches at front and 4.25 inches at rear though)

civlowwer
07-06-2005, 09:09 PM
i had about 4.5 inch at front and back and my shocks where ****ed after about 3 months but was a sedan

02ZZI
08-06-2005, 12:28 AM
where can i find these jumbo's springs at. No bodykits on my car. it will be on stock shocks aswell. Those springs sound promising.

ITRBoI
08-06-2005, 12:31 AM
where can i find these jumbo's springs at. No bodykits on my car. it will be on stock shocks aswell. Those springs sound promising.

you from sydney??? cause they are locate in syd but dont know if other states have them

nobbs
08-06-2005, 11:07 AM
they are located in sydney, moorebank to be more precise, its on heathcote rd.

the place is called allsprings, but they make JUMBOZ

02ZZI
08-06-2005, 12:32 PM
nah i am in queensland brisbane. I'll see what a local suspension shop can do see if they can get them. If i get 4.5inch drop what do you think it will look like on 16's?

civlowwer
08-06-2005, 12:38 PM
i had 15s at one stage it looks hell, but alot of tyre tuck no rim tuck tho, it makes it look higher if u have tyre tuck on smaller rims, thats why i have 17's so close to rim tuck

jdm_kid
08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
they are located in sydney, moorebank to be more precise, its on heathcote rd.

the place is called allsprings, but they make JUMBOZ

what springs are u using?

02ZZI
08-06-2005, 07:16 PM
anybody know if they retail these springs in brisbane? or if there are any other springs i can use?

BLKek
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
nah i am in queensland brisbane. I'll see what a local suspension shop can do see if they can get them. If i get 4.5inch drop what do you think it will look like on 16's?

Fulcrum will build springs (I think they might use kings, not sure), they built my coilovers for my last car from the ground up and worked a treat, Moorooka workshop, speak with Darren Drury (but I think he's not on the front desk anymore, I think he's in R&D now). of just give Kings a bell, they're on the Goldy I think..

baby_c
09-06-2005, 01:39 PM
if u want it really really low..... at a really really cheap price...!!!!!

chop themm..!! hahaha jack the car up....take the springs out (or not) and chop them!!! haha :)

A'PEXi
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
just take the springs out of the back all together, then it will be low! :D

02ZZI
09-06-2005, 11:48 PM
ok yeah ill grab the angle grinder now. haha that was my option awhile back but decided not too.