07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
damn, i wish a could afford that shit :(

ur lucky gelo

gelo
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
future = like a year

SiR CRX
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM
To be honest I don't think you could go wrong either way. Both are extremely good quality and I don't think you would be dissapointed with either of them. The Spoon will be a little louder I think but that will be the only real difference.

LSD Motorsports
07-06-2005, 04:35 PM
To be honest I don't think you could go wrong either way. Both are extremely good quality and I don't think you would be dissapointed with either of them. The Spoon will be a little louder I think but that will be the only real difference.
Yes, you get what you pay for, but being that you race this car, i wouldnt spend the $ for a "show" exhaust. Most of that price is for the name brand. Get an Apexi muffler and run custom 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Your going to get the same Benefits and save a whole wallet full of cash

ekslut
07-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Personally I dont really like the look of the spoon street.

But I have had a Mugen Twin Loop and a Spoon N1 before on my EK4. Spoon N1 has a very, very nice sound to it, but it is loud. I felt it had a bit more power than the Mugen Twin Loop, but the Mugen felt like it had a bit more torque to it and a bit more responsive. But the mugen is fairly quiet, a bit louder than stock. Mugen looks almost stock, which I like, but I do also like the small muffler on the N1, so its a tie for me in looks.

**Ghost**
07-06-2005, 04:45 PM
the mugen kicks ass : )

gelo
07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Personally I dont really like the look of the spoon street.

But I have had a Mugen Twin Loop and a Spoon N1 before on my EK4. Spoon N1 has a very, very nice sound to it, but it is loud. I felt it had a bit more power than the Mugen Twin Loop, but the Mugen felt like it had a bit more torque to it and a bit more responsive. But the mugen is fairly quiet, a bit louder than stock. Mugen looks almost stock, which I like, but I do also like the small muffler on the N1, so its a tie for me in looks.

damn
it realli is a tough choice then

ekslut did you get the silencer as well?
do u need it for street use or is it for highways?

SiR CRX
07-06-2005, 05:10 PM
A silencer (baffle) will result in less power than stock if you put it in. If you want a performance gain then don't use a silencer.

Steer^Gimic
07-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes, you get what you pay for, but being that you race this car, i wouldnt spend the $ for a "show" exhaust. Most of that price is for the name brand. Get an Apexi muffler and run custom 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Your going to get the same Benefits and save a whole wallet full of cash

i agree. custom piping can be manipulated a whole lot easier then buying a ready made system. a reputable exhaust place can make you one out of s/s? and think of the money you are going to save...

SiR CRX
07-06-2005, 05:28 PM
To be honest I would rather spend the extra cash to buy something I know has had a lot of research and development. I have heard too many stories of people LOSING power on Honda's because of dodgy modifications. Honda's are built so well from the factory that you would be silly to think some average Joe at an exhaust shop could build better stuff. Spoon, Mugen and Toda are all very respected Honda tuners and you KNOW their products are going to be of the best quality and will give the best gains available. I personally think that is worth the extra cash. Just my opinion though.

Steer^Gimic
07-06-2005, 05:31 PM
to a point, i agree with you SiR CRX, but coming to think of it, half of Spoon products are slightly modified OEM Honda products. alot of these companies have great sh!t, dont get me wrong, but how much R&D can a length of piping possibly have?

_CiVIC_
07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
go spppppooooooooooooon bro!!

ah8118
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
hmmm agree with SirCrx...would'nt go for custom exhaust.. rather pay the $$$ and go for something reputable and proven power gains. also, when time comes to sell the car, a branded exhaust would fetch a better price be it you sell it with the car, or sell the exhaust alone...just my 2 cents.... ooo and go for the spoon..... i had the mugen tl on my car....a bit too soft for my liking... tip is also really small...so i sold it... spoon n1 is a bit loud, but really produces a mean sound...

type one
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
have you seen how restrictive the stock EK / EG muffler is???? a rock has better flow characteristics... plus the difference in weight?? the spoon N1 is 3.7kg vs 10kg stock.

(that is in response to the silencer comment and comment #12 )

EG5[KRT]
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
will a piping made for ek hatch fit on eg hatch ?????

luzinit
07-06-2005, 06:13 PM
get spoon n1 for track gelo! n just use a silencer for street, will still be better than stock! or u can drive my car and test spoon street, more torque down low compared to 60mm piping catback, but lose out ontop end. for me, its perfect cos my car is daily driver.

j_g
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
it's funny how every one points to their exhaust for performance. when really the power n also a good sound is really from the engine mods. exhaust are really only for looks...
I got a spoon n1, n i love it.lol

Perry
07-06-2005, 08:48 PM
i got a MUgen twin loop but i dont have vtec so when i step on the gas the exhuast note sounds goood not too loud aswell, performance wise im not sure, but the good things is u wont attract cops attention

J-MuN
07-06-2005, 11:26 PM
spoon looks stock too.. mine looks like a stock tip, except shiny.. the sound is loud but mean as

the others said... havent experienced the TL though...

simon
08-06-2005, 03:07 AM
bro.. you're looking at the wrong exhausts.. Buddy Club all the way.

slim
08-06-2005, 10:25 AM
from experience:
SPOON N1 - Loud as hell especially once VTEC kick in but straight though so better for flow...not the prettiest looking but effective

SPOON STREET - also straight through but quieter due to large muffler so sound is baffled slightly looks better then N1

MUGEN Twin Loop - Looks the best of the lot but more expensive and alot better finish..the quietest of the 3 also the heaviest.

hope this helps :)

Kawasaki
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
both are nice exhaust systems but I agree with the earlier post of custom pipping and an apex'i or similar muffler. For track get a test pipe made and *poof* you'll have one crazy flame shooting car :D

aStRooo
08-06-2005, 08:14 PM
if its for track application i'd say spoon n1, i have one and i love it. only other performance mods i have are really intake and spark plugs. not much gain bottom end, most noticable mid range i'd say. but thats my buttdyno =)

**Ghost**
08-06-2005, 08:29 PM
i have a genuine mugen now... actually sounds pretty sweet and stock unless u really boot it...

gelo
08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
hey guys
takes for the comments and opinions
much appreciated
still cant decided
but i still got alot of time
as im not even saving up for one yet
leaning towards n1 still

did someone say the n1 with silencer will = worse flow than stock?

J-MuN
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
you will definitely lose ur gains with silencer but not sure if u will get worse flow than stock... ;)

hope u choose wisely...:thumbsup:

SpOOn-FED
09-06-2005, 05:55 PM
hey gelo nice move with those choices
if i were u any of them are best bets manz iv got a mugen full exhaust on my DC5R and its beutiful.....
my frend has a ek4 like yourself and has the mugen one also lots of power lots of potential....
and iv been in an ek9 with the spoon exhaust almost feels the same but just has a lil bit more flow ....
either one is a good choice manz N1 is very crazy also heard heeps of good shet from people who have that exhaust set up......

type one
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
hey guys
takes for the comments and opinions
much appreciated
still cant decided
but i still got alot of time
as im not even saving up for one yet
leaning towards n1 still

I dare to say if someone can blardy tell the difference with the silencer and without in a Spoon N1... it is barely noticeable... but the sound difference is amazing :)

pls people think before you post - how could a 2.5" inlet pipe and small straight trhough cannon with silencer provide less flow than a stock bloody tank muffler?

AND THE WEIGHT DIFFERENCE??? sheesh its like 7kg between spoon N1 and stock.

gelo
13-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I dare to say if someone can blardy tell the difference with the silencer and without in a Spoon N1... it is barely noticeable... but the sound difference is amazing :)

pls people think before you post - how could a 2.5" inlet pipe and small straight trhough cannon with silencer provide less flow than a stock bloody tank muffler?

AND THE WEIGHT DIFFERENCE??? sheesh its like 7kg between spoon N1 and stock.

so theres a huge diff in sound
but not that much diff in power diff?

type one
13-06-2005, 05:42 PM
i mean the difference in power with the silencer in and out...that is barely noticeable... but the sound difference is noticeable.

gelo
13-06-2005, 07:14 PM
i mean the difference in power with the silencer in and out...that is barely noticeable... but the sound difference is noticeable.

thanx type one
thats really helpful

but is this just what you think
or is it from personal exp?

type one
13-06-2005, 08:15 PM
i have had spoon N1 on my DC2R and now my EG.

Fit1500_GD3
14-06-2005, 11:29 AM
:D

Spoon N1 muffler ......DC2
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/56/E1/40306006-3948-01E00280-.jpg

Mugen muffler.....EK4D
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/8A/88/32692618-878d-028001E0-.jpg

Mugen.....CoupeSi
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/08/E7/43305992-0748-028001E0-.jpg

Spoon N1 muffler .....Fit GD3
http://a4.cpimg.com/image/36/5C/47809334-92d0-028001E0-.jpg
Spoon Street muffler....Fit GD3
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/37/5C/47809335-3cdc-028001E0-.jpg
:wave:

Civic Si
14-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Get the Mugen as it it is da quietest. Cops won't be pullin u over for a loud exhaust.:D

civicboy
15-06-2005, 05:05 PM
mugen fo real :thumbsup:

Perry
15-06-2005, 08:04 PM
go for the mugen:thumbsup:

ATSE
15-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Mugen TL gets my vote

But if I had a choice of a new exhaust... i'd get FGK (fujitsubo) Power Getter or RM01.... excellent flow and great sounding exhausts