PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Ride

splinter
07-06-2005, 10:57 PM
hi All

Im an accord 98 auto owner and now that the car is going over 100K I feel that an upgrade is in order. been looking at galleries and posts and have came up with the following package.

- Euro base model
- graphite manual
- front lip
- 18"x8 wheels (not chrome)
- some decent rubber probably 235 x 40
- eibach pro kit to lower it by 2"
- aftermarket tint
- aftermarket fog light
- Mats

THis is probably going to cost 37.5K on road which is abit outside the buget but can be considered. Is there anything I should add or remove??... god damm I hate browsing auro galleries every day and night, the drool buildup in the keyboard is getting annoying.

stephen8512
07-06-2005, 11:09 PM
hi and welcome to the forums
if ur lookin at eibach prokit springs, maybe wait until the eibach pro systems comes out as this has damper adjusment too i believe. it will replace your shocks as well. if not, then eibach prokit with koni yellows is an awesome setup. if you just want springs, it is advised that you get shocks with it cuz the springs will tend to wear down the OEM shocks a lot quicker.

each to their own but i say dont get the front OEM lip, unless u get the full kit. ive seen euros with just a front lip with nothing else and it looks just weird. seems incomplete. Money better spent on an aftermarket one such as kenstyle or mugen down the track.

With aftermarket tinting, it is advised that wherever you go, make sure that they add felt in the doors as Honda did not do this and if felt is not added, a nice straight line can go on your window tints. (the reason why no felt was added was to reduce the wind noise or something....honda cheaped out :thumbdwn: )

Aftermarket foggies...hmm if u want aftermarket ones i say get the OEM ones. This might set you back a bit as honda parts are usually expensive but you know you will be getting quality. Like I always say, quality speaks for itself. Or you can PM one of our members here Pum[Z] as he has the OEM honda foggies but can no longer use it due to the aftermarket bodykit he has put on. Remember, if you do buy this you will need your own switch. Ebay is your friend also.

i hope this helps and you've made an excellent choice on both car and colour. im sure you will enjoy the euro when you get it as much as everyone else here does :D

hnm738
08-06-2005, 12:17 AM
how long would our oem shocks last if springs like eibach or kmac were used?

Pum[Z]
08-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Welcome to Ozhonda Splinter...

Ur lists look good... As wat stephen said if ur looking for longetivity u might as well by coilovers or a shock/spring change... Its always betta to save up a little bit more and buy something betta then having to change it later on...

splinter
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
cheers for the responses.

I know coils will be abou 500, how much would coil over and complete coil/shock cost?
I've got a picture of an euro with the front lip on, it doesnt look bad at all. I'll post it later.

albii
08-06-2005, 01:33 PM
hi All

Im an accord 98 auto owner and now that the car is going over 100K I feel that an upgrade is in order. been looking at galleries and posts and have came up with the following package.

- Euro base model
- graphite manual
- front lip
- 18"x8 wheels (not chrome)
- some decent rubber probably 235 x 40
- eibach pro kit to lower it by 2"
- aftermarket tint
- aftermarket fog light
- Mats

THis is probably going to cost 37.5K on road which is abit outside the buget but can be considered. Is there anything I should add or remove??... god damm I hate browsing auro galleries every day and night, the drool buildup in the keyboard is getting annoying.hello...very good choice ...do you expect to get all that for 37500?? if your budget is a bit stretched i would go for the car with front lip first..do the tint ,wheels and lowering later..should end up costing less also doing it yourself.

Euro2005
08-06-2005, 05:20 PM
If you want better sound have a look at what I did -
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21051

splinter
08-06-2005, 09:26 PM
yes I think I can do it for that much

heres the pic I promised, as you can see it looks great with just the front lip.
http://users.bit.net.au/~spl/image/Moda%20R6%2018x8.jpg

Fr3aKi3
08-06-2005, 10:01 PM
just a note with the above picture
it doesnt look so bad since the car as the mud guards to kinda balance everything out.

If its just gonna be the front lip without any addition to the sides or rear, thats is no side skirts, rear lip or mud guard. Then it'd look "incomplete"

Just so you know if you already didnt, u can only get mud guards or kit, cant have both.

Suntzu
08-06-2005, 11:52 PM
That looks sweet. Can you just order the front lip? If so how much and where from?

Those 18 inch wheels splinter? If so whats the profile? nice :)

Pum[Z]
09-06-2005, 12:07 AM
just a note with the above picture
it doesnt look so bad since the car as the mud guards to kinda balance everything out.

If its just gonna be the front lip without any addition to the sides or rear, thats is no side skirts, rear lip or mud guard. Then it'd look "incomplete"

Just so you know if you already didnt, u can only get mud guards or kit, cant have both.

Agree with what Fr3aki3 is saying.. That car has mudguards on it so it the sides and back don't look to high up... But if it didn't have mudguards the sides and back would be high up making it look ummm.. "incomplete" :D

stephen8512
09-06-2005, 12:09 AM
in that pic, it has a spoiler so it doesnt look too bad with just the lip.
the lip with nothing else body wise will look weird in my opinion but if u want it, then by all means go for it :thumbsup:

also, in that pic, the car is lowered, so it looks good. but i guess ur planning to lower ur car once u get it anyway so.....
in the end its all up to u....i think last time i heard honda was charging about 600-700 or so for just the lip....

Gibbo
09-06-2005, 05:04 PM
ive got the oem lip and rear spoiler on my euro and have it lowered as well - i got the idea from the same car. Imo i think it looks great - but as has been stated already you need to have the mudguards as well otherwise it looks a bit strange...