PDA

View Full Version : yellow PIAA headlight bulbs?

[M*]
08-06-2005, 12:14 AM
hey all
i was thinking of getting these...headlight bulbs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7973819539&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT) they are basically yellow lights headlights for h4s. becasue im too cheap to go for HID kit haha nah i just want to be different.

what do you guys think? my friend tells me that they are better for driving in the rain infact better for driving over all... but then he also said he dosent know how they are going to react with those yellow street signs we have...

any ideas or suggestion? or anyone know where to get them in sydney(doesnt have to be piaa but doesnt hurt)?

^^v
08-06-2005, 12:20 AM
yeah these bulbs r good in the rain...
they reflect less glare...

autobarn should have em...
try these..

http://www.autobarn.com.au/files/9IRIBMRIGV/All-Weather.jpg
Narva All Weather
Reduces glare and reflection for increased safety in adverse weather conditions. Gives a distinct appearance to oncoming traffic. ADR approved.

EuroAccord13
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Hella or Osram have them, they are called All Seasons Bulbs for winter driving, ie, if you have to drive under snowy conditions...

[M*]
08-06-2005, 12:31 AM
are they legal?? i mean i dont see why not... better for on coming traffic... and better for driving... and you said autobarn has them?

^^v
08-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Reduces glare and reflection for increased safety in adverse weather conditions. Gives a distinct appearance to oncoming traffic. ADR approved.

:D

[M*]
08-06-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah i sorta just read that haha thanks

Zdster
08-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Just a quick question. Even if they are ADR approved, does that automatically mean that they are legal?

If for example this product (or any product for that matter) was only legal lets say for off street driving only do they have to state this? Another example. It is legal to have foglights/driving lights that have been ADR approved but I have read of numerous accounts where having them on have caused trouble (the lights themselves are legal but there use is not).

CRXY01
08-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I have found that the Philips globes are the best; they seem to provide nice clean light.

JEZ83L
08-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Heya,

I use those Narva all weather bulbs... They have a yellow tinge with a hint of purple visable. I think they are good when it's raining but better when it's not.

[M*]
09-06-2005, 01:02 AM
yeah i got a pair of them today from repco... but i only had time to put one in haha... but that one looks brighter but not that FID look you know what i mean... all up i say not bad for $38

civicboy
09-06-2005, 12:50 PM
any pix of it @ night time? how bright is the narva & is it yellow or yellow-ish?