PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Problems

Chris_F
09-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I've had nothing but problems after gettin my stereo parts (for an accord euro) installed at northfield (Nundah and Mcgreggor). Thought i would post up my problems as a word of warning, this is the list i will be showing them tomorrow:

· Sub-box was made far too large for one 12" driver (measured at nearly 60 litres in volume).

· Varying amounts of Dacron were used in an attempt to rectify this problem – resulting sound quality was always poor (muffled or boomy).

· Cup-holder cracked (problem assumedly occurred after initial install- noticed recently).

· After noticing the crack the part was removed for inspection – it seemed as though a hot glue gun was used in an effort to fix the problem.

· Failing locking system (problem occurring after front speaker install)

· Problem became evident when keys locked themselves in the car directly after the install (the car is NOT set-up to function this way).

· The cars boot is no longer able to be opened manually even when doors are unlocked.

· The car automatically locks itself when the keys are in the ignition and the doors are shut (it never used to do this).

· The automatic window up feature no longer works

· The cars light when set in automatic mode fails to turn off when the car is shut and locked.

· Active crossover was placed too close to high current devices

· This resulted in excessive engine noise. A qualified installer rectified this problem by relocating the crossover away from the cables. Northfield denied this to be the problem when ,clearly, It was.

Shocking if u ask me :mad:

simpdogg
09-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Dude thats a fair list you got going there, feel for ya hope it all get fixed

Chris_F
09-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Yea i know ay. Thanks. It's just hard to believe so many things could possibly go wrong - hopefully the "life-time" warranty they have on their installs holds true. If not :mad:

nEUROtic
09-06-2005, 10:00 PM
What about your mates chris? Didn't he get his done @ WOW sight and sound?? How's is his going?? I hear they have a lifetime warranty on installs ?

Chris_F
09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
yea - his is going sweet. I regret goin to northfield now - but if they can fix everyone of those problems i'll forgive them, but theres a greater chance i'll just forget about them aswell - i just don't know if they'll stick behind their "lifetime guarantee" claim.

Tu88y
09-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Thats just bad luck man... Hope they fix all those problems for ya

mugeneration
09-06-2005, 10:50 PM
hope? no way if you can prove that it was them (that is u didnt do it, and the dealer/owner before you didnt do it) then they have to replace that cupholder! lol look man an install can cost serious money, if you arent happy with the job that theyve done then take it up with them and get them to fix all of those problems. as a professional business they have to perform the contract which you agreed to and payed for (goes into year 12 legal studies stuff for half an hour...). I wouldnt put up with it, get them to fix it.

Euro2005
10-06-2005, 02:07 PM
I recently had my Euro sound system updated at Northfield Moorooka and had nothing but excellent and friendly service. The car and hi fi work perfectly and I could not tell that they had even been in the car untill I heard the difference. :thumbsup:

see for full details - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21051

Chris_F
10-06-2005, 02:31 PM
euro2005 i've also heard great things bout the marooka store.

I should apologise for rubishing northfield as-well... when i went in their today they were all really really helpful and stood behind their warranty 100%. With things like this i guess there's always a possibility thigns will go wrong and i was just unlucky.

I guess the bottom line is... if your getin a stereo installed make sure the seller will stand behind their warranty.

as for the cup holder - getting a quote from honda and it will be fixed.

locking system - if they are at fault after hondas assessment they will pay whatever fee it is to rectify the problem.

Sub box - was more of a tuning issue, the eclipse subs actually liek fairly large sub boxes. Apparently it was only "far too large" for the type R that they loaned me while the sub was being assessed for damage after the amp gave way.

Crossover - was fixed after i stressed the problem could be fix if they didnt attatch it right next to wires

So yea all good - wasted a lot of time. But DAMN my system finally sounds how i expected it too at the start - great

mr_mojo02
11-06-2005, 05:13 PM
thats good to hear man.. hope it all goes well from this point on

CRXY01
11-06-2005, 11:24 PM
That’s not good to hear, I have recently heard of a few dodgy installs being done by a few places.
Personally I would return to the shop and tell them every thing that is wrong, and they should correct it, that’s if u trust them to do further work on your car.

eurotrash
14-09-2005, 01:18 PM
The auto up feature on yhe drivers window will disable when the battery is disconnected. Check your manual - it can be reset.