PDA

View Full Version : Car is hunting while in Drive..

_CiVIC_
10-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I have a 98mod civic(its auto, that CVT thing), and I just recently had it serviced at Honda. I have been driving it the past few days and i have noticed that cruising between 1,500rpm - 2,000rpm the car seems to increase then decrease the revs. The car jerks forward when the rev kicks up and then the rev drops pulling the car back.. This all occurs when my foot is being applied constantly without removing it off the accelerator.. I am really concerned... any ideas what it could be?????

Cheers,
Alfy.

Terry
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
As far as i know......the CVT gearbox in EK vti sedan have many little problems.....there is even a recall in Japan and Hong Kong.......few of them need replace for the new one.....i suggest u to replace the gearbox oil with the Honda factory one....see how it goes.......good luck.

_CiVIC_
10-06-2005, 12:54 PM
i'll try that out man, thanks very much for your response :)

_CiVIC_
11-06-2005, 03:33 PM
i figured out what the problem was.. it wasn't the tranmission fluid.. it was actually a carbon build up within my throttle body... a wholeeeeeeeeee heap of carbon build up lol!! used some carby spray and now its workin well :D

Terry
11-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Thats great! :D NO out of pocket expenses~

_CiVIC_
12-06-2005, 10:51 AM
yup yup. now i need to remove the exhaust to sell the lil bugger! lol