PDA

View Full Version : 2003 - Honda's record breaking year

vti-2
28-01-2004, 09:05 PM
In 2003 Honda Australia welcomed a record number of customers to its range of passenger vehicles and SUVs.

Figures released by VFACTS show Honda sold 30,817 vehicles, which shattered the previous record of 30,034 units set in 2000. Sales increased by 7230 units over 2002.

This resulted in Honda’s market share increasing from 2.9% in 2002 to 3.4% in 2003.

The foundation for the record year was the continuous strong demand for the CR-V, Jazz and Civic while new models introduced, including the MDX and the two Accord models helped propel sales to the record result.

Since July, the Accord has won the prestige segment ending Holden Statesman’s hold on the title.

Honda’s December sales of 2713 reflects on-going demand paving the way for a strong start to 2004.

Honda Australia Director Lindsay Smalley said, “We are delighted with the new record set in 2003 and I would like to thank all Honda Associates, our dealers and most importantly our customers”.

“With the broadest model lineup in Honda Australia’s history, aggressively pursuing our value for money strategy while maintaining focus on customer satisfaction, we are well placed for another new record year in 2004,” he added.

7 January 2004

courtesy of Honda Australia
www.honda.com.au

Congratulations Honda Australia. :thumbsup:

Chi
28-01-2004, 09:38 PM
congrats to Honda Australia

Creative
28-01-2004, 11:19 PM
See how many Integras they sell in the run out with the base model

Its being discontinued so thats why the heavy discounts atm.....

McChook
29-01-2004, 12:20 AM
they have some of the biggest selling cars, combined with the worst selling cars

3 of the top 6 worst selling cars are hondas
Legend - FWD full size luxru car for $90K - wonder why
Insight - great idea, but not really practicle - civic hybrid will be interesting
NSX - sold 1 of the newest style without the pop lights... terrible, and i would not expect the next NSX in Australia.

vti-2
29-01-2004, 09:21 AM
The Legend and NSX are far too expensive.

A'PEXi
31-01-2004, 01:35 AM
increasing market share aye :D

7th Gen
31-01-2004, 06:41 AM
wel of course you would sell a lot more cars if you have a wide model range

e.g. Jazz, MDX, the 2 Accords.....etc

i think i read somewhere that Civic sales aren't crash hot, even in the US where there are offering dealer incentives to unload them...........

McChook
31-01-2004, 10:29 AM
The civic Hybrid is sellng like hotcakes in the US....

LUD02C
31-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Woppee!

McChook
31-01-2004, 01:18 PM
I agree.. But they will be here next month - I don't think it will help the civic image in australia... The civic is fast becoming a very boring car... In the space of 1 year, it went from a kool car, very hip and happening, to a granny's car that not even granny wants...

Civics will never be the same again

7th Gen
31-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I agree.. But they will be here next month - I don't think it will help the civic image in australia... The civic is fast becoming a very boring car... In the space of 1 year, it went from a kool car, very hip and happening, to a granny's car that not even granny wants...

if they can bring them in cheaper than the pruis II, and don't have the supply problems like toyota, then yeh 'they will sell like hotcakes'

cause it looks like a regular car, not something sout of a sci-fi movie which may put off some people

McChook
31-01-2004, 08:30 PM

if they can bring them in cheaper than the pruis II, and don't have the supply problems like toyota, then yeh 'they will sell like hotcakes'

cause it looks like a regular car, not something sout of a sci-fi movie which may put off some people

but the civics are still boring.. no one likes them hybird or not won't change the looks