PDA

View Full Version : biggest wheels on euro

10VDR
10-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey guys just recently ordered a euro luxury still waiting to pick it up, just wanted to know whats the biggest wheels that can fit ... will 20x7.5 fit with out problems, as im not sure how wide u can go!! any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:

albii
10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey guys just recently ordered a euro luxury still waiting to pick it up, just wanted to know whats the biggest wheels that can fit ... will 20x7.5 fit with out problems, as im not sure how wide u can go!! any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:
20x7.5 should fit easily....but they look too big...i got 18x8 and they look good and i think 19s look good too but the tyres are getting expensive when you go to 19s.

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 07:54 PM
The black euro with plate AR7IS in sydney autosalon has NOIR Black lowenhart

It has 20inch 8.5 with 35/225 tyres front and 35/235 at the rear, the offset is +42. but yeh as albii said, 20" looks kinda toobig and troublesome. 19" should be the perfect size for euro.

albii
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
TwEigh where did you get the euro r kit from and how much if thats ok...looks like you changed your bumper also for a euro r type.

Vtec_inside
10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
nothing wrong with 20inch man i think that look is sick looking. Full indo style.

jl88rl
10-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes im sure everyone with 20s wanna be 'indo style' :P hahahaha

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
TwEigh where did you get the euro r kit from and how much if thats ok...looks like you changed your bumper also for a euro r type.
Well sorry its bit off the topic..
I got the complete set of euro-r kit, front, side and rear lips. I brought this from overseas (Indonesia) while i went for holidays.

albii
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
please enlighten me as to how 20s on a euro is indo style....

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
well, "indo style" is more like vip style,
Black coloured cars, low with Big rims

Sulley
10-06-2005, 08:14 PM
The black euro with plate AR7IS in sydney autosalon has NOIR Black lowenhart

It has 20inch 8.5 with 35/225 tyres front and 35/235 at the rear, the offset is +42. but yeh as albii said, 20" looks kinda toobig and troublesome. 19" should be the perfect size for euro.

does it have a lucky star body kit?
if it does..i think the guy's my neighbour! i've seen his car at my block's carpark..nv took note of his number plate..so unsure..

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
does it have a lucky star body kit?
if it does..i think the guy's my neighbour! i've seen his car at my block's carpark..nv took note of his number plate..so unsure..

yeah he got the luckystar kit.
Well i guess there are many euros in ur neighbourhood. Every house owns one :rolleyes:

kam
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM

hasnt even got the car yet and hes getting ready to mod it... thats the kinda attitude i like to see :D

Peekay34
10-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Also don't forget limitations on what your insurance company will allow you to do. If they are to big they may not insure you. If you don't tell them they may invalidate your insurance if you have an accident.

Vtec_inside
10-06-2005, 08:44 PM
true man. But ppl with 20inch gengerally not into racing anyway. more like street cruiser. FULL VIP style. having said that accident is unpredictable point taken.

kam
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
also, i heard the 'legal' limit is only one inch bigger than what it came standard with, so the new euro = 17" standard, so you 'legally' can go 18". but i reckon 18" is all that you need, any bigger, and you mite look try-hard-ish...

Chris_F
10-06-2005, 08:49 PM
totally agree with kam... if your going for looks 18 is the perfect size anything bigger and you risk looking tacky if u don't choose the perfect rims. Seeing as though your considering 20's i guess 17's are out of the question, but i've always liked their more modest size :o - especially on an understated car like the euro. Then again with the mugen bodykit or anything else so agressive 18's would be a must

jl88rl
10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Im so close to getting these next week..

After many attempts of trying to upload but failed.. So here is the webpage

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=HP+Design&part_no=243

Pls let me know what u guys think. 18x7.5.

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 09:02 PM
totally agree with kam... if your going for looks 18 is the perfect size anything bigger and you risk looking tacky if u don't choose the perfect rims. Seeing as though your considering 20's i guess 17's are out of the question, but i've always liked their more modest size :o - especially on an understated car like the euro. Then again with the mugen bodykit or anything else so agressive 18's would be a must

I reckon with Mugen, Luckystar kit, u need atleast 19" to looks good. because the kits are low to the ground.
kit like phase, euro-r lips , OEM lip, looks fine with 18"

well thats my thought..

will_pop
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM

i see alot of cars wif that rim....

personally .. i really dont like the look of it .. but if u like it .. go for it mate

Vtec_inside
10-06-2005, 09:06 PM
agree with tweight man. i have seen the lucky star and mugen kit on cars. I think 18inch look to small for such a big guard car.

19 inch min and 20 inch if ur serious about rims. it make a statement about the owner for sure

TwEigh
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
agree with tweight man. i have seen the lucky star and mugen kit on cars. I think 18inch look to small for such a big guard car.

19 inch min and 20 inch if ur serious about rims. it make a statement about the owner for sure

yeh my friend has mugen kit and 18" racing hart.
http://members.westnet.com.au/synapse/images/mugen1b.jpg

just an example to give u ppl idea how 18" looks with low kits (like mugen/luckystar)

kam
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM

i dont think gold rims would suit a silver colored car...

PNR888
10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
also, i heard the 'legal' limit is only one inch bigger than what it came standard with, so the new euro = 17" standard, so you 'legally' can go 18". but i reckon 18" is all that you need, any bigger, and you mite look try-hard-ish...

I am not so sure about other states, but in Qld, the legal limit is 2" bigger than OEM wheels.. ie. 19" for 2005 Euro Lux.. is legal. (in Qld at least)
Check your state's transport department, I am sure there are brochure about legal mods.

PNR888
10-06-2005, 10:38 PM

Someone in this Forum also has HP design wheel on his Euro, but not in Gold.
is that you pum[z]??

Shadow chrome or Gun metal (light grey) will suite silver car very well.

10VDR
11-06-2005, 06:10 PM
thanks for the replies guys helped me out heaps ... yeah i was wondering if 20s would be too big on it and too high of the ground .... but i would like 20s as i havent seen it in brisbane yet??? and for it being legal it wont bother me really!! my old civic was a bit of trouble but.. i guess ill have to try the wheels on and see how they go.. thanks for the help guys!!! another question to get it sitting nice n low what is suggested coil overs or will just changing the springs be fine

PERTH_EURO
11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Also don't forget limitations on what your insurance company will allow you to do. If they are to big they may not insure you. If you don't tell them they may invalidate your insurance if you have an accident.

From personal experience listen to this!!!!!

You could find urself with a smashed car and no insurance.

Its all about risk!!

Pum[Z]
11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
That is correct... Totally agree with what all u guys are saying...

Yes if u have the mugen kit and u lower ur car u will need big ass alloys. I'm using 19inch Chrome HP designs and the using mugen bodykit and i still scrap big time at the fronts... I probably need to raise the front a bit but i love how low the car is at the front...

U have to ask and enquire if ur insurance company will allow u to have 20 inch alloys on ur euro... If u do have a accident and u don't tell them about ur alloys then the insurance company will not pay for it...

Its all about making everybody happy. U, ur car, ur insurance company and maybe ur finance company if u do finance the car...

PERTH_EURO
11-06-2005, 09:07 PM
at the end of the day ur insurance company will not insure something illegal, and i know in wa 20" rims are illegal.

Check ur local rules, check with ins company.

foreskinner
11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
im about to get a euro and was thinking about 19inch rims and lowered if it will go any further, will these size rims fill out the guards while still letting the euro sit low? or will it look hitched up? any thoughts?

foreskinner

TwEigh
12-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Australia's Vehicle rules, laws and regulations.... :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

TwEigh
12-06-2005, 01:13 AM
im about to get a euro and was thinking about 19inch rims and lowered if it will go any further, will these size rims fill out the guards while still letting the euro sit low? or will it look hitched up? any thoughts?

foreskinner

If you use 19", you need to lower your car about 65MM-70MM if you want to have no gap left befween your tyre and fender.

foreskinner
15-06-2005, 05:13 PM
with this lowered with 19's as specified, will it be a nice height from the ground?
too high? too low?

tknova
15-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey

I'm sitting on 19 Inch Jestalt 2 rims (on tempe tires) and the rear is sitting below the rim and the front is right on top of the tire, It's been lowerd approx 3 and 1/2 inches! Maybe more.

Never rubs, you just gotta make sure the rims are designed to fit, as i got my rims custom to suit the euro

Watch out for camber issues though. I'm running negitive 4.5 camber at the rears!!!! Looks unreal!! But, noticing heaps of wear already on the insides.

I orderd the Camber kit 2 weeks ago from Fulcrum and it's got lost in the mail by the looks! :(

Pum[Z]
15-06-2005, 05:22 PM
with this lowered with 19's as specified, will it be a nice height from the ground?
too high? too low?

Depends if u are going to have a bodykit on the car or not... My front bumper is 90mm from the ground... My car has a kit.. If it doesn't have a kit it would pronbably be 130 mm off the from the ground to the bottom of the bumper...

90 mm is very low and looks nice.. But that is probably the lowest u want to go because u will be scrapn on sharp inclines and driveways....

The fronts should not have a big impact on the camber, but ur back will definetly have negative camber. Thats why my back is not as low as my front.. Because i don't want too much negative camber on my back tyres... But u can rectify this negative camber with camber kits..