PDA

View Full Version : Engine conversion help plz

Hawk
11-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey, I have a 89 lude with a very nice b20a turbo in it. I am wanting to put thus engine in a ED civic to lose a truck load of wieght fast. As paople tend to use b16/b18 engines in civics there is no info available.So that leads me here .....

Can a b16/b18 fit in a gen 3 lude ??

What modifications are required ??

If it can ?? Would a b20a fit in a ED civic (which can fit a b16/b18) ??

Thanx
FastAz

flipmods
11-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Big job, not worth doing. All mounts need customising. Cheaper and easier not to mention more power if you turbo the B18 in a civic.

Kawasaki
11-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Big job, not worth doing. All mounts need customising. Cheaper and easier not to mention more power if you turbo the B18 in a civic.

agree, you will need custom mounts and custom axles etc etc

SpOOn-FED
11-06-2005, 10:46 AM
yeh too true its hard to do that better to stick with the B18 or B16
but it should fit easily and ders more parts available because allot of companies focus on the civic because allot of people have them nott o mention young street racers or track racers who have a desire for speed....
but if your looking for more kick.......it came to mind that a H22a engine would fit in a civic allot of people have them in civics more torque and it shudnt be that hard to find engine mounts and custom axles because they have them ready although im not sure on the price...

91'lude
11-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Why are you giving up on the 3rd gen?

Hawk
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Not giving up !! Just trying to go faster !!

and to be different

and I think it would be even funnier if a rex got tromped by a ED civic over a lude.

So it is definately a no go. Very dissapointed......

FastAz

preludacris
13-06-2005, 07:31 PM
put a b18c with strengthened internals turboed into the lude then..

you'll have a newer, stonger engine, that can run heaps of boost...

of course $$ is needed...

Hawk
14-06-2005, 07:20 AM
put a b18c with strengthened internals turboed into the lude then..

you'll have a newer, stonger engine, that can run heaps of boost...

of course $$ is needed...

I am more than happy with my current engine (u can always have more tuning
of course) The b20a is no where near its max performance point, I just thought the motor would be super tuff in a civic.

FastAz