PDA

View Full Version : Bad or good news?NSW new law for P plate holder!!!

civic_mods
12-06-2005, 11:01 PM
So NSW law has finally broght it in :thumbdwn:

for Honda,only the Honda City Turbo is banned from the list.
it means p plater can drive any VTI-R and Type-R under this law!!!!!:cool:

Prohibited vehicle condition

The prohibited vehicle condition restricts all new provisional (P1 and P2) drivers from driving certain vehicles while on their provisional licence.

Prohibited vehicles are those with:

Eight or more cylinders.
A turbocharged engine (diesel exempt).
A supercharged engine (diesel exempt).
Engine performance modifications.
High performance six cylinder engines.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html?llid=4 (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html?llid=4)

Just wonder when it'll happen in other state, because i think it will happen.

ajnsx
13-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Probably a good idea. Now a better idea, how about advanced driver training....I remember my license test consisted of a leisurely drive on a sunday afternnoon around my local country town. No night driving, no wet weather conditions, no high speed training (highway driving), no training for heavy breaking/car spin...you get the idea :)

All my 'drivers ed' consisted of was a datto 180b out in the local forest :D

fly_vti
13-06-2005, 01:06 PM
lol nsx is banned too fast man.

fly_vti
13-06-2005, 01:09 PM
and the only honda banned is the honda city turbo.... VTEC will now take over the roads.. :D

mr_mojo02
13-06-2005, 01:39 PM
man this is bullshit...this is where ppl get their only experience from.. learning to drive a car that has waayyyy too much power.. if they had the right training in the first place this new law wouldnt be needed

Q_ball
13-06-2005, 01:49 PM
thank god im excempt from it all....phew

Stoosh
13-06-2005, 02:33 PM
from what i heard there is a power per tonne of 125 per tonne, would that make the Type R over that?

i might be wrong, just what i heard

SINISTR
13-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Note: The information contained in each list is a guide only and subject to change at any time without notice.

will be interesting to see if any other NA cars get added to the list - likes of TypeRs, RX8s

Mr_mojo: i think you're missing the Idea of this restriction tho. 'KIDs' buy High powered cars, do mods to make more power, visit illegal street meets and normal off the lights drags - and then kill themselves.
I think 'learning' should be of the road rules and emergency situations first - not how to control a 200kw car! these ppl are like babies in nappies - they need to crawl before they walk...

Stoosh
13-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Mr_mojo: i think you're missing the Idea of this restriction tho. 'KIDs' buy High powered cars, do mods to make more power, visit illegal street meets and normal off the lights drags - and then kill themselves.
I think 'learning' should be of the road rules and emergency situations first - not how to control a 200kw car! these ppl are like babies in nappies - they need to crawl before they walk...

i agree totally with what sinistr says

man.exe
13-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I get this feeling that VtiR and Type R's resale value could go up a bit because of kids may have to resort to looking for high-power NA 4 cylinder cars.

[M*]
13-06-2005, 03:33 PM
so just to make thing clear if say i already have my p2 i can do what ever i want right?
"restricts all new provisional (P1 and P2) drivers"

SINISTR
13-06-2005, 03:38 PM
']so just to make thing clear if say i already have my p2 i can do what ever i want right?
"restricts all new provisional (P1 and P2) drivers"

by the sounds of it - YES! *very lucky*

stephen8512
13-06-2005, 04:26 PM
hmm i was just wondering
my friend is currently on his red P's and will be getting his greens i think in october this year.
since the law wil be passed on the 11th of july, does that mean he's not allowed to drive a turbo car? (he's lookin at an S15)....

Stoosh
13-06-2005, 04:37 PM
no, he already has his red P's this law only applies to people gettin there P1 license after the 11th of july

aimre
13-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Umm... if u read it, if ur currently on L plates, u still get off the law

fabz
13-06-2005, 07:51 PM
No, i dont think u do. Its only if your on ur Ps isnt it.

fabz
13-06-2005, 07:52 PM
oh and if u lose ur license while on your Ps the new laws apply to you.

aimre
13-06-2005, 08:58 PM
hmm ok.... ill say it again iff u read it then:

This condition does not apply to:

Existing provisional (P1 and P2) licence holders, unless they are disqualified for a serious driving offence from 11 July 2005.
Learner licence holders.

fabz
13-06-2005, 09:55 PM
yeah i didnt go look at site. THANKS

TEG61E
13-06-2005, 11:20 PM
looks like Honda prices are gonna skyrocket eh? hehe....all those boy racers are gonna be lookin for more power. Soon enough they'll realise that vtec's the way...

[M*]
14-06-2005, 12:28 AM
do you think they are gonna come up with new p plates? like yellow or blue or something... cause if they keep the red and greens how are they going to know who is new driver and who is an old driver?? i mean they are not going to pull ever p plater over are they?

ROCKET
14-06-2005, 12:46 AM
luky im on my fulls :D

ye dats a good point [M*] but i doubt they change d color
im guessing it'll say on their system sumwer coz most cops dont even know the difference between a red P license (P1) and a green P license (P2)

and TEG61E ye i hope our cars value will increase or atleast not drop for a while :D

KLA80T
14-06-2005, 12:54 AM
guys, i went to the rta link about defects and stuff.... they are all bullshit! pretty much they want us to drive a stock car! need to get blue slip for everything! front bumper bodykit could now be a defect! and other stuff too.....! dont think i can drive my car anaymore!

Brescia
14-06-2005, 01:02 AM
guys, i went to the rta link about defects and stuff.... they are all bullshit! pretty much they want us to drive a stock car! need to get blue slip for everything! front bumper bodykit could now be a defect! and other stuff too.....! dont think i can drive my car anaymore!

Anything not standard on a car without an engineers certificate is a defect, P plates or full license, its always been the case. But only recently they have started not cutting anybody slack. (blame P plater accidents on the news every week)

Even something really minor, ive been defected for a oil breather..cause its not standard.

New law = good news for everybody :thumbsup:

Terry
14-06-2005, 01:15 AM
The effect would be huge if this law apply to QLD......where skyline/silvia are almost as common as taxi.....:D

|N|
14-06-2005, 01:21 AM
my air freshnerssssss did not come with the car.. see how they gonna defect me on that...

h22a accord
14-06-2005, 03:30 PM
i think its a great idea!!!

Speeder
14-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I support this, its about time the government actually did something about it rather then talk about it. Yeah sure there might be better ways to protect younger drivers but at what costs and who is going to pay for it? Generally speaking, they did this to themselves, no one to blame really, and talking about P plater, just saw a red P plater in a barina smashing past a school zone at school time, the car in front slows down, and this idiot nearly rammed behind the car that was doing the right thing, I drove past shaking my head, I asked myself no wonder.

Hondavirgin
14-06-2005, 04:38 PM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/p1p2_conditions_dl1.html

here's the lists, ultimate stupidity....written by idiots, to protect idiots from being idiots.

aimre
14-06-2005, 06:51 PM
i believe its a stupid rule, just means we will have more accidents when ppl get over 23 (fulls)

Not to mention that nearly EVERY accident pic on the telegraph over that past year was involving a lancer or excel or some othen NON-poweruful, seriously lacking with brakes car

fabz
14-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Not every. alot were wrx's/skylines.

ACE888
14-06-2005, 09:59 PM
In a way I find restrictions on cars a silly idea! I only drive 1.5 Jazz so doesnt affect me! BUT I would like to see the government focus on better driver training results in better driver regardless!

But I guess this will results in more Vtec Hondas around now, so all Hondas except NSX is permissable. so lucky if you have a s2000! still legal! as is only 4cylinder but this car produces the highest output per litre for naturally aspirated vehicle.

Further, how about the Daihatsu Copen - the cute little 2seater convertible, that car is 0.7Litre TURBO producing 50kw@6000rpm and 100Nm @3200rpm.... hahahah that is ILLEGAL for P-plater!

SPOON_GD3
16-06-2005, 01:59 PM
what about a custom bold on turbo on a Subaru GX? LEGAL?? lol...

DomenEK
17-06-2005, 02:13 PM
HA HA - I find it hilarious that the only Honda listed as prohibited is my very first car - the City Turbo! 1.3 litres of fury!

~*b*~
18-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Its bloody about time that they brought this law in. There has been too much young blood splattered on Australian roads due many reasons:-

* Our licencing laws are way to lenient in comparison to other countries
* Fast/high HP cars are too accessible to younger drivers and are way to easy to purchase due to the availability of loans.
* The current "cool" trend of buying fast and hot cars and modifying them until they can reach their limits, which then in turns creates peer pressure for these younger drivers to highway race etc.
* The lack of facilities to accomodate drivers who want to race their cars legal, for example racks tracks, drag strips, drift bowls etc.

What really does it the most though is the over confidence new drivers gain when they get their licence and when they get their own car, that they think that they are experienced enough to drive like maniacs. It then only takes a slight of a nudge to even consider racing that puts these young drivers and innocent bystanders and other drivers at risk.

For those who know me well, and who have known me long enough would know that I used to own a 180sx and I used to drive like a bit of a dickhead. I really let things get out of control and just let me condfidence run away sometimes. But I was lucky enough to not get myself into a sticky situation that could have been fatal, instead... I learnt from someone elses mistakes.

As rusty and as faulty as this law seems to be at the moment, with all its flaws it is saving lives. I hope other aus states respond quickly to this new law and introduce it right away.

LUD02C
19-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I have to agree with it.

The youth today (mainly 16-20) are idiots when it comes to driving!
They have no idea and think boost is only cool when your on 15+ psi.

Put them in 2.0 litre, 4 cyclinder things for 2-3 years, let them get an idea on how a car handles and majority of them will be driving FWD so understeer will be there friend for a while.

I just got off my P's the other week, so I'm laughing!

mj3610
19-06-2005, 09:09 PM
hmm, the law will prob not affect 90% of people on this forum cause they already got their license, just try not to lose it if ur bonnet is hot. but i still think its bad news for all of us cause not the coppas have one more excuse to pulll us all over and fgive us a hard time anyway. if they dont like the way u look they'll just start defecting u anyway they wont care if the new law dont cover u.

grncvc
20-06-2005, 11:24 AM
lol the civic will be for wanted as i'm sure..
so my car in the "cars for sale section" might have to edit to a higher price if not sold b4 july 11 th lol

mj3610
20-06-2005, 12:47 PM
lol the civic will be for wanted as i'm sure..
so my car in the "cars for sale section" might have to edit to a higher price if not sold b4 july 11 th lol
lol make sure it doesnt hit oct-nov when the 2006 civcs are apperantly being released cause when they do i think most civics will drop in price since honda claims the new civic is "the way of the future".
http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :honda: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

p.s on the other hand it might a while longer for it to reach aust

.::F[L]Y::.
20-06-2005, 09:33 PM
be prepared to see alot more riced up hondas....

EGB16A
22-06-2005, 11:32 AM
i'm looking forward to the price of my car going up! :D An eg with a b16 will be a sought after car very soon i think! lol! what "performance mods" are banned btw? Does a cannon count as performance mod? how about an air filter?

mini_s2000
22-06-2005, 05:21 PM
i think its a crap law.... but means more honda's on the road!!!

berniebern
24-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Thankfully the sleeper that is a Renault Clio Sport is exempt. My next car :)

But more to the point, excellent idea. Give a kid a bottle of beer and he'll get drunk. Give them a car that puts most european sports cars to shame and they'll try and prove that fact. The kids are going to say that it's a hobby to modify a car and they are not building it to go fast, but as any modder can testify to, the point of modifying is to go faster otherwise why do you do it??

I'm sure the skyline and toymods forums will have a different opinion to ozhonda:p