PDA

View Full Version : Finding a new User that has Never posted..

wlee2
13-06-2005, 12:24 AM
im not terribly sure if this is even in the right place.. but..

i just relised its very hard to find a users profile if well 1 the user has Never posted anything in the forums but has an account.

i thought sending a pm to that specific user if you knew the nickname. then selecting profile.. then just relised i coudent find a way to just search the member database to get a profile on a specific user.

.. i dont know if anyone will understand my query.. but yeh..

and if it does exist please point it out to me and move or close the thread.. but if not i thought it be a interesting idea to add in =P

wynode
13-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah you're right......there is no way to find the user if he hasn't made any posts :)

Hit me with a PM and I can search usernames with wild cards.

jackosimm
13-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Only last night I just found a full member list on Qldstreetcar.com, which I found extremely useful, however with over 5,000 members now on ozhonda it would be a long long list.

wynode
13-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Only last night I just found a full member list on Qldstreetcar.com, which I found extremely useful, however with over 5,000 members now on ozhonda it would be a long long list.
Not to mention people using the member list for commercial reason (IE SPAM!)

jackosimm
13-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Not to mention people using the member list for commercial reason (IE SPAM!)

ahh that made it clear, spam didn't even cross my mind, probably a wise move there not havin one!

FR33K
13-06-2005, 02:16 PM
that has always annoyed me too
everytime i have to find someone and i dont have their username i have to search the forums for a post they made somewhere...

chan
13-06-2005, 04:55 PM
i did but i just posted some messages

wynode
14-06-2005, 09:43 PM
i did but i just posted some messages
??

Anyways, you can always untick the box called "Exact name" in the advanced search when searching for a username.

EG. Searching 'node' with that box unticked would give all the posts/threads made by me :)

wlee2
14-06-2005, 09:49 PM
mm yeh well i dunno what the go with it but i decided against trying to even bother finding a new user hehe ..

chan
14-06-2005, 10:35 PM
??

Anyways, you can always untick the box called "Exact name" in the advanced search when searching for a username.

EG. Searching 'node' with that box unticked would give all the posts/threads made by me :)

i mean i just joined this forum

wynode
14-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm still confused about what you meant in your post chan.

joyride
18-06-2005, 07:29 PM
lol me too.