PDA

View Full Version : Interior Sunroof Slider Problem

HyperZ
13-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Has anyone's internal sunroof sliding panel become harder to "slide"?? Its the bit where you use your hands to physically slide open not the electric glass controlled by the button.

Anyone know how to loosen it or is there supposed to be some oil that we can use??

aimre
13-06-2005, 02:15 AM
mine gets a bit stiffer when its humid or raining, but otherwise its ok

ATSEK4
13-06-2005, 02:36 AM
mine only loose when hot. what i normally do is open with the button. not strong enough tho.

EG5[KRT]
13-06-2005, 01:36 PM
mine sorta gets stuck sometimes when its tilting up to open i have to physically push it at the same time as pressing the button... but its only happened once so .. it seems ok i guess.

Captiva_Blue
14-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Mine becomes a little hard to slide when its cold outside but otherwise its ok.

Pretty sure you can use petrolium jelly (Vaseline) or the stuff you put on the hinge that keeps your doors open (not the main hanging hinge).

Slide the glass roof all the way open then slide the shade closed, apply a little of the Vaseline to the sliders (from the outside of the car throught the roof) then open and close the shade a few times to get it to cover the rails. Then just wipe off any excess.

Alternatively you could use a silicon based lubricant spray (just make sure you don't use too much or it might stain the roof lining if it drips through the shade surrounds).

HyperZ
16-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Mine becomes a little hard to slide when its cold outside but otherwise its ok.

Pretty sure you can use petrolium jelly (Vaseline) or the stuff you put on the hinge that keeps your doors open (not the main hanging hinge).

Slide the glass roof all the way open then slide the shade closed, apply a little of the Vaseline to the sliders (from the outside of the car throught the roof) then open and close the shade a few times to get it to cover the rails. Then just wipe off any excess.

Alternatively you could use a silicon based lubricant spray (just make sure you don't use too much or it might stain the roof lining if it drips through the shade surrounds).

it seems better now.. i notice it gets worse during cold weather...:confused: