PDA

View Full Version : anybody got the peddars sports ryder lowered coiled supsion?

fongyfong
14-06-2005, 11:00 AM
if so how is it? got quoted 550 for the full set up by peddars? is it good or bad?

h22a accord
14-06-2005, 12:12 PM
if its the full set up like you say it is then thats cheap but that price sounds like its only springs, which can be found cheaper.

Tobster
14-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't know how they are on a Euro, but I have Sports Ryder coils on my Magna and I've never had any problems. They're not as stiff as some, so you still tend to get a good ride. At that price, I'm assuming its just springs and not shocks -- the lowering does tend to shorten the life of OEM shocks as they're no longer working within their optimal range.
Yes, you can buy springs cheaper, but then you'll have to fit them yourself (or get someone else to do it). I assume the $550 includes them fitting it...

fongyfong
14-06-2005, 12:24 PM
yeah it only includes lowering, fitting, wheel alignment and nah not including the shocks, they want 1300 inclduing shocks

Dominik
14-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Doesnt Ozzy Tyres do any car any height for $350 fitted or something?

fongyfong
14-06-2005, 12:56 PM
hey just had a look at www.ozztyres.com.au (http://www.ozztyres.com.au/) 390 all up and stgeorge tyres also 390 all up 2, anyone know much about kmacs?

and what are better springs kmacs, pedders, or king

g3vtir
14-06-2005, 01:02 PM
i had pedders sports ryder shocks and spring put into my old Integra LS...it always bottomed out. that's my experience with it

fongyfong
14-06-2005, 01:03 PM
wat ya mean by bottom out?

Nickt
14-06-2005, 01:57 PM
"bottoming out" is when the springs' compression rate is different to that of the shock absorber and height is adjusted...the shock abosrber hits its bump stops because the spring is shorter ...not a healthy thing to do regularly.

If this was occuring after a shock/spring replacement, you should have taken it back...a car should not bottom out if the shocks and springs have been matched properly.

OEM shocks often bottom out with lowered springs because they are set to have a different length of travel...you will notice that a aftermarket shocker for a lowered suspension set up can be a lot firmer and may also be physically shorter...this prevent bottoming out because it matches the springs.

I've heard the 05 lux suspension can handle a standard lowering like pedders/eibach etc due to its stiffer ride...can anyone confirm this?

Tobster
14-06-2005, 02:14 PM
It could just be an optical illusion, but I think the revised luxury suspension looks ever so slightly lower (maybe 10 mm?) than the standard -- it just seems to fit in the wheel arch better. I could be wrong...

TwEigh
14-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Doesnt Ozzy Tyres do any car any height for $350 fitted or something?

I wonder how they can do "any height".. any one know what they do with the spring/suspension?

he-tec
14-06-2005, 03:09 PM
ive heard that kmacs can go pretty low but are quite stiff

Dominik
14-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I had K-Macs in my accord. K-mac do full custom springs to order, hence why you can get any height on any car. The ones in my car were ordered 60% stiffer, so the ride was quite rough (most lowered springs are only 20% stiffer). I had no problems with them.

TwEigh
14-06-2005, 07:16 PM
I had K-Macs in my accord. K-mac do full custom springs to order, hence why you can get any height on any car. The ones in my car were ordered 60% stiffer, so the ride was quite rough (most lowered springs are only 20% stiffer). I had no problems with them.

How much the Custom K-MAC spring cost you? and how many mm does it lower your car

thanks

Dominik
14-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I bought my springs second hand off a member on this board, and i installed them myself. K-mac are full custom springs, so the drop will be what you want! On my springs it was 3.5" (85mm) lower than stock. If you want 1" drop then you can ask for that too...

TwEigh
14-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info,
Anyone in this forum using Custom K-MAC spring for their euro?
Where can I get more info about this spring? (i.e website)

Cheers

fongyfong
14-06-2005, 11:29 PM
try www.k-mac.com.au

what springs u reccomend k-mac king or pedders

Gibbo
15-06-2005, 04:11 PM
ive got the pedders springs on my euro and have had them for about 18 months. So far they are good, but they do require a camber kit for the rear (mine were at around -3 degrees) so dont forget to include the camber kit in your budget. It is cheaper to do that than fork out for two new rear tyres... Cheers