PDA

View Full Version : VAFC or E-manage for ITR?

brucelee
30-01-2004, 10:01 PM
just thinking of which one is better for ITR (DC2), VAFC? or E-manage??

DynoDave
30-01-2004, 10:45 PM
It all depends what other mods you are going to do if the car is going to stay std then VAFC.But if you are going to do alot more mods then go for E-Manage or Hondata.
Regards Dyno Dave

Weq
30-01-2004, 11:38 PM
E-manage has many more features and a much better tuning facilcities (16x16 maps for fuel, ignition, injectors) supports vtec crossover as well as datalogging, map traces etc etc.
But you will have to consider the fact that they are both piggybacks, and will only really work optimaly at WOT. In open loop mode, the honda ECU is still in control and will alter the e-manage/vafc's maps.

FERIO97
31-01-2004, 10:32 AM
id go for E-manage 60% or Hondata 40%
e-manage more feature but harder to tune..

McChook
31-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Screw 'em all and get an Apexi Power FC for a Type R.

tanghy
31-01-2004, 11:15 AM
if you are going the whole hog, get motec

McChook
31-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Can you buy a Motec for $1100?? Plus Controller for $400... Can you plug a Motec in and drive away... No, none of the above. Sure, yeah, motec is great. Installatation - 10 minutes Vs 10 Hours.

The Power FCs are literally plug and play, drive away, and will do everything you want, the censor calibration is already done.. Ever tried to tune a Motec?? OMG!!! Power Fc's will do everything you need, and you can buy it, install it and tune it for $2000. You are barely able to buy a motec for $3000, plus the optional software cracks.. Motec's are sensational, but for a roadie/trackie, BUY A PFC!!!! Takes as long to prep as a VAFC....

BLKCRX
31-01-2004, 07:31 PM
id go for E-manage 60% or Hondata 40%
e-manage more feature but harder to tune..

Oh please what’s this 40% crap lol more features Hondata features out ways e-mange 4 to 1 !!! ehhe i think your miss informed mr internet mechanic know it alls !

Regards James

UR2L8
31-01-2004, 07:44 PM
McChook: how can you say "drive away" with a engine management system/ECU. If he is going to put a piggy back or a new ECU, that dosent mean the one that takes shortest to install is best. Even the simplest "Power FC" you say, you cant just drive away and thats it. In your msg thats what you implied. Any piggyback or ECU changes, you should tune it to get the best results and to know that everything is working optimaly. Ofcource you can fit it in and forget about it (which is totaly stupid and dumb).
To the original post: It all depends on what mods you have done, if just basic mods then a VAFC2 or some piggy back system, if there are more mods such as internaly then a complete ECU change (Hondata, Power FC...) but there are better ECU's out there then the Apexi FC, its not as good as Hondata.

Rowie
31-01-2004, 07:48 PM
lol james

I was waiting for you to make a reply, and you didnt dissapoint.... :D

BLKCRX
31-01-2004, 07:52 PM
ehehe iv been away for a week in Sydney tuning cars / doing work.. with no net access.. so yeah slowly catching up with all the posts.. lol man where did all these internet mechanic's who think they know everything come from !! lol JK JK JK JK
One day im going to make the largest post comparing all ECU’s for everyone out there…but im guessing the average person won’t want to read it ! bc it will be a long post ! LOL

Regards James

UR2L8
31-01-2004, 07:56 PM
http://www.exclusive-auto.net/ Just click on "View Articles" and find "Electronics" they have a few ECU comparisons.

McChook
31-01-2004, 08:27 PM
McChook: how can you say "drive away" with a engine management system/ECU. If he is going to put a piggy back or a new ECU, that dosent mean the one that takes shortest to install is best. Even the simplest "Power FC" you say, you cant just drive away and thats it. In your msg thats what you implied. Any piggyback or ECU changes, you should tune it to get the best results and to know that everything is working optimaly. Ofcource you can fit it in and forget about it (which is totaly stupid and dumb).

Um, it is PLUG AND PLAY

Would you like to come over and watch me take out the standard R33 skyline ECU and plug in the POWER FC, and start it and drive away. Because you can. No more horsepower, maybe less, but it works. Give it a tune and reap the rewards, and work out how much money you saved.

I'll start laying out money on the bet if you don't think it plug and play

UR2L8
31-01-2004, 08:33 PM
McCook: I dont think you understoon me correctly. Dont jump to conclusions that im bagging out PowerFC. What im saying is your talking about a car, not a PC were you can just "Plug and Play". For optimum result its best to tune it properly. Im not saying that you cant just plug and play but its not the best way. And plus we are talking about N/A Hondas not Skylines, so take it easy.

BLKCRX
31-01-2004, 09:34 PM
My Comparison Page

http://www.hondata.com.au/ecu_comparison_page.htm

Regards James