PDA

View Full Version : Euro R / Mugen Grille All Together In One Thread

sodaz
30-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi guys i'm thinking of doing a small amount of modding to my car. The first thing i'm thinking of getting is the Euro R grill. But i have a few questions at this point.

1. Can i order this grill from Australia and how much would it cost?

2. Is it difficult to install? Can i DIY or do i need somebody to install it for me?

3. Will changing the grill void my Honda warranty?

Hopefully i can get some answers soon. Thanks for the help guys. :D

Chris_F
30-05-2005, 09:39 AM
don't worry about the warranty.... if the grille falls appart though obviously tehy won't replace it. But it shouldn't affect anything else.

as for your other questions.... there good ones haha i wouldn't mind knowing the answers either;)

EuroAccord13
30-05-2005, 12:30 PM
1. Can i order this grill from Australia and how much would it cost?

Yes, I'm pretty sure many places that sell bodykits or car accessories (ie. Carmate, Motorware etc) will be able to order one in for you, prices varies heavily because the grill is not a common item that is being brought in. Possibly the cheapest option is to buy one off a reliable internet site in America and have it shipped over. Also, contact the various OzHonda traders for help, they support the site and give us reasonable prices...

2. Is it difficult to install? Can i DIY or do i need somebody to install it for me?

From what I heard, it's only the clips that are a pain to remove as it is rather tight.... Contact Euro77 for help...

3. Will changing the grill void my Honda warranty?

Like I've said many times, IF the item in question is damaged due to it's relationship with your after-market part, the warranty will not stand. For example, you put in the grille and because of that it cracked/broke another part of the car panel/part, you will not a warranty claim against that.

Hope this helps...

CHEERS
Nick

stephen8512
30-05-2005, 06:48 PM
carmate would not stock this grille because i asked them (this was about 6 months ago). like euroaccord13 said, this grille is a JDM item and would cost a bit. your best bet would be the traders. ebay is ok but be sure its the euro R grille, not some bodgy ripoff. PM LOC888 as he had his installed.
If you are based in Sydney, contact IS Motoracing and ask for Chris.

install wise, there are 4 clips that u have to take off from memory. these clips can be undone with a flathead screwdriver and just popping em out. there are 2 at the top which are relatively easy, but there are 2 on the bottom of the grille attached to the front bar. this is an absolute PITA to get out but once u get em, the hard part is done

warranty shouldnt be a big worry here. exactly what euroaccord13 said

sodaz
30-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the help fellas. Cheers! :thumbsup:

euro77
30-05-2005, 07:31 PM
other way is to import them, www.boomplustoys.com & www.polepositionproducts.com both sells them, think they are in Canada.
yes, there are a few clips that are a b*tch to remove underneath the grill. Best way to do it is to undo your bumper and take the s*cker out

Tiago
30-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Merging Tiago's Question to this Thread
Reason : Similar Question in asking....

Just been lookin through the threads and was wondering if anyone could help me out with info on how to import a mugen grill from japan for the euro seeing as though it aint possible to purchase them here in australia..

THanx

EuroAccord13
31-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Welcome to Oz Honda Tiago, please introduce yourself in the Intro Lounge :)

Your question is related in a similar way to this thread...

To avoid answering to threads of similar questions, I am merging this thread together and editing the Title of this Thread :)...

CHEERS

stephen8512
31-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Ebay has these type grilles on for sale.
If you want genuine mugen, Peekay34 on our accord forums has got a mugen grille from our neighbours in NZ. It might be cheaper to import it from NZ than from Japan if ur looking for original mugen stuff. Although i could be wrong.

there are other places which stock mugen grille like

http://www.polepositionproducts.com
http://www.aj-racing.com
http://www.japanparts.com/

if you're based in sydney, try

http://www.ismotorracing.com/home.htm

and ask/email Chris. These guys should be able to source you just about anything mugen for the euro. If you're in a diff. state, im sure they are willing to ship to your location. Hope this helps :D

sodaz
31-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the detailed info. I'm going to give Chris a call today. Cheers! :D

sodaz
31-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Ok i've talked to Chris. Genuine Euro R grill + Installation = $200 AUD all up. He mentioned the need to replace the audio panel or something. Does anybody know what he's talking about?

Pum[Z]
31-05-2005, 08:29 PM
To all the fella's that live in Perth W.A, went to Prestige Honda today & saw a brand spanking new Standard Euro with the Euro R grille on it in the Showroom... My friend that works there lied to me, heheheh he said that there was a Euro-R in the showroom... (Guess he wanted me to come ova and see him and that was the only way to danggle a carrot for me to see him)...

It had the full factory kit with Euro R grille.. But other then that it was the standard blue Accord Euro... So Dealers are adding them in as options....

So definetly u can get them from Prestige Honda... Didn't ask the price for it though coz i know that it would have costed dearly...

stephen8512
31-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok i've talked to Chris. Genuine Euro R grill + Installation = $200 AUD all up. He mentioned the need to replace the audio panel or something. Does anybody know what he's talking about?

what does audio have to do with installing a grille? :confused:

LOC888
31-05-2005, 09:59 PM
I think me means the panel on top of the radiator..

euro77
31-05-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah, he is referring to the radiator panel.

LOC888
31-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Hope this helps

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/loc888/grille.jpg

Peekay34
31-05-2005, 10:40 PM
You don't need this panel our cars come standard with it. I have the Mugen grille on my car and I did not need it. The only thing that is required is a small modification to the plastic panel that comes with the car.

sodaz
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the diagram and clarification LOC888. He wasn't too clear about the panel thing and i thought it didn't make sense either. I'll have a chat with him in person tomorrow and then hopefully i'll place an order for it. :D

bigdongers
01-06-2005, 01:12 PM
']To all the fella's that live in Perth W.A, went to Prestige Honda today & saw a brand spanking new Standard Euro with the Euro R grille on it in the Showroom... My friend that works there lied to me, heheheh he said that there was a Euro-R in the showroom... (Guess he wanted me to come ova and see him and that was the only way to danggle a carrot for me to see him)...

It had the full factory kit with Euro R grille.. But other then that it was the standard blue Accord Euro... So Dealers are adding them in as options....

So definetly u can get them from Prestige Honda... Didn't ask the price for it though coz i know that it would have costed dearly...

This is interesting. Can you ask your friend how much the Euro R grille is?

Sulley
02-06-2005, 07:37 PM
You don't need this panel our cars come standard with it. I have the Mugen grille on my car and I did not need it. The only thing that is required is a small modification to the plastic panel that comes with the car.

hey, if you don't mind me asking,
how much did the mugen grill cost you?

Peekay34
02-06-2005, 09:08 PM
$250 US dollars plus shipping.

kam
02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Anyone got the Euro-R rear badging as well? There pretty cheap - around $40 US if i remember correctly...

Theres also the Euro-R gauge background, its pretty much the same as ours, but sais Euro-R on the top, and i think the color of the needles is different :D

stephen8512
02-06-2005, 11:54 PM
yeah it says EURO R and its red.

EuroAccord13
03-06-2005, 04:40 AM
If you REEEAAALLLY want EURO R Badges... I can get them from Malaysia CHEEEEAP when I go back heheheheheheh... Ricer :P

LOC888
03-06-2005, 08:48 AM
IS Motoracing currently have them in stock...

Peekay34
03-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Anyone got the Euro-R rear badging as well? There pretty cheap - around $40 US if i remember correctly...

Theres also the Euro-R gauge background, its pretty much the same as ours, but sais Euro-R on the top, and i think the color of the needles is different :D

I have the front and rear badges from www.boomplustoys.com

Chris_F
03-06-2005, 10:21 AM
does anyone know how much aftermarket grilles usually way? my sister is going to singapore and i'm thinking of asking her to pick up a WALD grille while she's there. Too big, or will i get away with it? coz damn that would save a lot of money.

sodaz
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Ok order placed. Will let you guys know how it goes. :D

kam
04-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I have the front and rear badges from www.boomplustoys.com

from your picture, it looks like you got the mugen grill ?

Peekay34
05-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Yes I have the Mugen grille.

Tobster
15-06-2005, 04:34 PM
EuroAccord13 Edit
*Merging This Thread*

I don't know if this has been found before, but those looking for a Euro R grille might like to look at

http://www.racingdimension.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=243

I don't know about delivery but the grille is US$135 -- without the H badge.

They also sell the aluminiumn gear shift knob ($57.50) and the pedals ($199.95).

Tobster
15-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Actually, I take that back: I just found the site says that they ship within the US only. Mightn't hurt to email and ask though...

bigdongers
15-06-2005, 04:38 PM
can always use a service like www.shopthestates.com to buy from places that ship to US only.

Tobster
15-06-2005, 05:35 PM
EuroAccord13 Edit
*MERGING THIS THREAD*

This is a bit a of a follow on of some discussion at

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21295

but I just noticed an Australian Euro where the Mugen grille obviously isn't a clean fit and that whole radiator cover change-over becomes important again.
Have a look at

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7710

I love the mesh grille but I hate the gap!

PERTH_EURO
17-06-2005, 06:14 PM
']To all the fella's that live in Perth W.A, went to Prestige Honda today & saw a brand spanking new Standard Euro with the Euro R grille on it in the Showroom... My friend that works there lied to me, heheheh he said that there was a Euro-R in the showroom... (Guess he wanted me to come ova and see him and that was the only way to danggle a carrot for me to see him)...

cruised out there and had a look this arvo. Yep sure is euro r grill.
TBH though i dont like it:thumbdwn:

Pum[Z]
17-06-2005, 11:23 PM
cruised out there and had a look this arvo. Yep sure is euro r grill.
TBH though i dont like it:thumbdwn:

U asked Prestige Honda how much it costs to buy the Euro R grill from them Timbo??

PERTH_EURO
18-06-2005, 09:25 PM
nope

sodaz
09-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey guys i've got the Euro R grill installed already. Haven't had the chance to take pics yet but i like the new look. I'll post some pics later on.

Usually my car doesn't rev as freely after i drive it once during the day. It was different today though. My gf also drove it and said the same thing. I suspect the grill helps the engine cool a little bit better. But I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes. It's kinda cool as i only expected a cosmetic change. :thumbsup:

PERTH_EURO
09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
sorry to dissapoint you, but the grill would make no dif to the temp your engin runs at.

enjoy the better performance still :thumbsup:

sodaz
10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
sorry to dissapoint you, but the grill would make no dif to the temp your engin runs at.

enjoy the better performance still :thumbsup:

I tried driving my car again today and it's definitely revving quicker. It just doesn't have the sluggish feeling that i experienced before. If it's not related to the grill, then i really don't know what's causing the change since that's the only thing i've replaced in the car so far. :confused: But either way i'm very pleased with the changes. :D

Chris_F
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
sodaz do u have any more information on how much you payed for installation and parts etc? I'd like a euroR grille but really don't know where to start

yfin
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I tried driving my car again today and it's definitely revving quicker. It just doesn't have the sluggish feeling that i experienced before. If it's not related to the grill, then i really don't know what's causing the change since that's the only thing i've replaced in the car so far. :confused: But either way i'm very pleased with the changes. :D

How the car revs is up to the ECU - air temp, barometric pressure, how hard you push the car that day etc etc. It is always adjusting.

The grill isn't going to make any difference - you will notice more performance difference removing the spare wheel, jack and any other things you happen to be carrying in the car.

sodaz
10-07-2005, 07:34 PM
sodaz do u have any more information on how much you payed for installation and parts etc? I'd like a euroR grille but really don't know where to start

Chris_F,

I paid $250 in total for the grill and installation. The place i got it from is called ismotorracing. They don't usually have the grill in stock but they can order it for you from Japan. Takes about a month or two for it to arrive.

yfin,

The car just doesn't feel sluggish like before after i drive it. I drive it everyday so i detect any changes quite quickly. Maybe it's just the engine breaking in but i'm not really sure.

Chris_F
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
250, wow, cheaper than i thought. Im definitley going to do it now.

yfin
10-07-2005, 07:45 PM
250, wow, cheaper than i thought. Im definitley going to do it now.

Sodaz - please post up some pics of your install and what is included for that price -ie did you get the hood trim or did you leave that silver? How much is it without the install?

sodaz
10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
No probs yfin. I'll post some pics up asap so you guys can see what it looks like. I kept the stock silver hood trim. For the price you only get the grill and the radiator panel. They install it for free but you might be able to get it cheaper if you are willing to do it yourself.

Chris_F
10-07-2005, 08:33 PM
so the grille comes painted then on the lower section? or you have kept all the chrome?

my main reason for buying it is to get rid of the chrome

sodaz
10-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I see. I'm not sure how the trim works exactly but i think the guy mentioned that you can replace it somehow. Just give them a buzz and they should be able to give you an answer.

sodaz
10-07-2005, 09:01 PM
http://ice-man.customer.netspace.net.au/EuroRgrill.JPG

yfin
10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Ok - I get it - grill change only. Removing the chrome looks better I think but probably not as noticeable on a silver car.

Chris_F
11-07-2005, 12:06 AM
sodaz, looking good. The chrome on the silver doesn't really stand out to bad at all with that grille.

leungie
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Sodaz,

Did you get the grill done at IS motorracing?
Coz i was there on the weekend when a silver euro fitted the same grill on.

PERTH_EURO
11-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi Sodaz,

Did you get the grill done at IS motorracing?
Coz i was there on the weekend when a silver euro fitted the same grill on.

read page 4.... yes he did

Chris_F
22-07-2005, 09:45 PM
I contacted ismotorracing about the grille today hopefully i can get some information out of them.

Anyong think it'd be cheaper to have it shipped from the states or ebay?
Car parts always seem over priced in australia in comparison even with the weaker dollar.

Chris_F
26-07-2005, 03:05 PM
well i got a reply (it's been ok'd to be posted up):

Hi Chris,

Thank you for you enquiry. We do import the Euro R grill.

Please find below the pricing for the Euro R parts.
1. Grill + radiator panel : $200
2. Bonnet trim : $100
3. Grill under : $100
4. Euro R badge Rear (IN STOCK) : $50.

I'm not really sure about the front Euro R badge. I have to check that for you.
Shipping is extra, but that can be worked out later.

Note. 2 and 3 are the color trims surrounding the grill.

CHRIS LEONG
IS MOTOR RACING
Unit 5, 5-7 Bermill St Rockdale NSW 2216
Tel: 02 9599 9918
Fax: 02 9599 9981

Is the radiator cover needed? - overall the price is a bit more than what i was expecting - but damn i love the grille. I wonder if an american would wana buy my stocko one.

euro77
26-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Is the radiator cover needed? - overall the price is a bit more than what i was expecting - but damn i love the grille. I wonder if an american would wana buy my stocko one.

It is needed if you are putting in the euroR grill, because they have slightly different design. You can still use your OEM one but you need to modify it a bit, if I'm not mistaken Peekay use the OEM one for his Mugen grill. Ask him how he slightly cut the radiator cover.

Chris_F
26-07-2005, 11:44 PM
ok thanks... peekay, if you get a chance could you post up what was required to do. I'd pm but others are probably interested

VirIIx
27-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I was going to purchase a grill but decided against it. I personally think having either the Euro-R grille or the Mugen grille would suit better if one had a body kit on the car - which i don't have.

Since my car is at the panel beaters, getting the rear fixed up - bumper + boot lid and left hand corner structure damage. I'm also getting that deep dent i got awhile ago patched up and also getting the hood trim and grille trim sprayed to match body colour :)

the stock grille has grown a liking on me (with the sleek horizontal layers), it's just the chrome i feel which makes it look meh.

Chris_F
27-07-2005, 01:29 PM
virIIx - i totally agree. When my car was in the panel shop i asked them to do the same but they refused even when i insisted. They said they wouldn't do anywork that they couldn't guarantee and that they didnt know how well the paint would adhere to the chrome surface :thumbdwn:

If the place is goin to charge you for painting the grill it might be worth picking up the pre-coloured trim pieces from ISmotorracing. expensive at 200 bucks but at least your mroe or less guaranteed that the paint will stick. It's something i might do aswell because like you said its the chrome thats the main problem with the grille

VirIIx
27-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Chris_F, is that for both the hood trim and the grille trim? didn't know it was locally available.

They're only charging me $150 to get it painted, which i don't have an issue with, that seems fair. It's not guaranteed they said but is anything these days? honestly.. *points to the clutch topic* :)

They need to sand it down and apply some stuff which i can't remember what it's called now lol.. tip of the tongue.. and paint it up.

If IS motorsport does have access to both the hood and grille trims pre-coloured for $200 then I might buy it if my one bodges up later down the track.

sodaz
27-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I was going to replace the chrome bits too but then i realised that the Euro-R doesn't have chrome around the windows. I decided that it was going to look funny if i only changed the front. What do you guys think?

VirIIx
28-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't mind the chrome around the windows.

I find it funny if someone has weather protectors on the windows, as the chrome is removed, and it seems half arsed if u know what i mean :)

personally never noticed euro-r without chrome on windows o.O

Chris_F
28-07-2005, 06:37 PM
virIIx, the guy at IS said stated "Note. 2 and 3 are the color trims surrounding the grill." (2. Bonnet trim : $100 3. Grill under : $100) at the end of his email.

I'm assuming that they are coloured given what he said... but :confused: that may be for the unpainted pieces. If so i'd rather just go get it painted.

So true about the guarantee - i couldn't see the logic in my panel shop saying they wouldnt do it because the guarantee it even after i stressed that i was willing to take on the risk. These days they are probably expecting me to turn around and sue them for a bad job haha.

I wouldn't mind some opinions aswell, who thinks the complete euro-R grille is worth the extra money vs. just getting the grille trims painted?

sodaz
28-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Chris_F,

I think if you don't like the chrome bits you should just paint it. Getting the Euro R grill for your reason is a waste of money imo. I'm sure you can get somebody to powercoat the chrome parts for not a lot of cash.

Chris_F
28-07-2005, 07:45 PM
ok, i think thats a better option cost wise aswell.

I really like the look of the euro-r grille but for that much money i don't think i like it enough. and besides i don't even have a euro-R kit to compliment it.

Sodaz do u know if those trim pieces are pre-painted? If so i wouldn't mind buying those as i could return the car to stock with the chrome down the track and possibly even sell the jdm trim.

VirIIx
28-07-2005, 11:25 PM
They should all come pre-painted.. at least that's what i'd think. Just like the oem body kits - already pre-painted.

I also agree with you, as much as the euro-r/mugen grille's do look nice, you need a body kit to go with it, otherwise it just doesn't seem quite right :)

i pickup my car tomorrow afternoon from the panel beaters, so i'll see how good of a job is done. Will post pics if time forbids.

sodaz
29-07-2005, 10:35 AM
I think you should just give them a call and ask them. They should be able to give you a definite answer.

Chris_F
29-07-2005, 05:22 PM
VirIIx i got the OEM bodykit.. just not the euro-R version.

i recently saw these pictures

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23697

and they really make a point for the entire grille - i think it looks great on that guys car.

tough decision

VirIIx
30-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Picked up the car like as if it was brand new, all clean and polished and everything!

The painted grille looks very sexy as well - excellent job!!

I've got one pic of it up, aplogies for lack of variety, but I figured i'd show off the lights too as well :)

http://members.optushome.com.au/viriix/images/eurogrille.jpg

stephen8512
30-07-2005, 12:35 AM
hey! nice!
but arent the blue parkers illegal?

VirIIx
30-07-2005, 12:38 AM
they're technically 4 white led's together.

i guess at that kind of density it looks blueish :)

Chris_F
30-07-2005, 05:14 PM
haha gotta love the technicalities - even so i still think any foward facing led's are illeagle? who cares looks awesome! specially on the blue euro.

I really like how those painted trim pieces look! I've decided to do the same but will be getting the trim pieces imported because i'm guessing having them painted would only be slightly cheaper.

Get some more pics up if you can (in daylight). It's hard to see the affect removing the chrome has.

PERTH_EURO
30-07-2005, 06:11 PM
get rid of that number plate holder :thumbsup:

VirIIx
01-08-2005, 03:31 PM
It does look ugly with the plate holder, and i've been wanting to rid of it quite sometime.. just gotta sit down on a weekend and fiddle with it.

As requested a day picture of the car. Had a nice angle shot too but there was too much glare and i'm doing it while im at work.

Looks nice :)

god the car is damn sexy when clean.. give it a few days and the magic will be gone lol

http://members.optushome.com.au/viriix/images/daygrille.jpg

leungie
01-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Man that's nice.. i've been thinking of doing that for ages.. just never got around to doing it...

How much did it ended up costing
Did you get the chrome on the side painted (black on euro-Rs) too?

A friend mentioned about getting a license plate holder that holds the plate to the side (evo like), what u guys think about taht?

baboo
01-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Goddaanng~ that's seriously nice!!

Well done VirIIx

VirIIx
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Man that's nice.. i've been thinking of doing that for ages.. just never got around to doing it...

How much did it ended up costing
Did you get the chrome on the side painted (black on euro-Rs) too?

A friend mentioned about getting a license plate holder that holds the plate to the side (evo like), what u guys think about taht?

leungie: $150 to get it painted, they took it off, primed it, painted. Not guaranteed as they all push you on that. You'll find a lot of people will be hessitant in doing it. I told them, just do it! i understand, if it comes off, it comes off :)

I left the sides chrome, it's the front mainly that bugs me being chrome as it stands out heaps on a dark coloured car.

I personally like the number plate in the middle tho - no idea why, it's just symmetrical :)

Goddaanng~ that's seriously nice!!

Well done VirIIx

cheers :)

it's a nice but simple and effective mod - only time will tell how reliable the job was. Next upgrade rear whiteline swaybars hopefully lol.

stephen8512
01-08-2005, 04:15 PM
wow! nice job there!!!
i got a quote from chris at IS motoracing in regards to the chrome strip.....
its about 90-100 bucks apparently.....
thats all i'll be needing as i will be gettin a front bar replacement.....btu fro 150 for the chrome trim and the bottom grille chrome bit is a fairly nice price :thumbsup:

leungie
01-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Can I ask where you got it done? I'm around the chatswood area...

So you are expecting the paint to come off later?
Coz its on the chrome surface?

My euro is blue too!! hehe

stephen8512
01-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Can I ask where you got it done? I'm around the chatswood area...

So you are expecting the paint to come off later?
Coz its on the chrome surface?

My euro is blue too!! hehe

james, i always thought ur euro was graphite? hmm maybe i was wrong
apparently if u paint over a chrome bit, it will flake, but thats the whole point of primer isnt it? to resist paint from flaking? so i dunno.....i dont think it will flake anytime soon.....will probably be good for at least a few years....

try panelbeaters at silverwater prestige.....i hear theyre really good

leungie
01-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Nar blue, got a friend who bought a graphite one from the same dealer though. so maybe the dealer got confused.

Decided not to sell my euro now (lose too much money on the change over) so planning my mods now~ hehe

stephen8512
01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
nice choice man.....
but gotta say....ur blue S15 back then was hawt! esp. with the white rims mang!!!!

im gettin my first major mod in about 4 weeks time :D

VirIIx
01-08-2005, 04:27 PM
haha cool i work in Chatswood on the weekend's (2nd job now was first before i moved on to higher and better things)

I did mine at Wunderlich Smash Repairs at West Ryde on Hermitage Road off Victoria Rd (take a left on lights if going towards parra), since i live in Ryde.

The guy to speak to is Ra (at least that's how you pronounce it), just let em know a blue euro was painted before hand.

And yes it is sanded (i assume) but definately primed to stop the flaking. It'll be good for a few years like stephen said - by then i'm sure i would've moved to a new car lol or a better euro possibly??

VirIIx
01-08-2005, 04:28 PM
nice choice man.....
but gotta say....ur blue S15 back then was hawt! esp. with the white rims mang!!!!

you talking bout your mugen kit? :p

whiteline sways for me are planned soon ;)

leungie
01-08-2005, 05:44 PM
nice choice man.....

Thanks dude, was going to white again with the rims but got gunmetallic grey instead this time...
and this chrome stuff just doesnt look right for the colours of my euro~ :(

Chris_F
01-08-2005, 07:45 PM
virIIx, looks really good.

I think i actually prefer it to the euro-R grille.

splinter
01-08-2005, 08:06 PM
your plate holder should be gone!
just like mine (http://users.bit.net.au/~spl/tmp/front.jpg) :D

hnm738
04-08-2005, 04:29 PM
since a few people have replace their front grille....is anybody considering on selling their original grille?.....i would be interested on the original grille.....

if soo could you pm me...thanks

Chris_F
04-08-2005, 06:38 PM
why do u want a stock grille?

hnm738
04-08-2005, 10:52 PM
mine cracked because someone stole the 'H' badge

PERTH_EURO
31-10-2005, 08:05 PM
cant be bothered reading back, but i think it was in this forum... but Prestige Honda in Perth do the Euro R grill.

Its a four part kit and is painted and includes everything (even the badge) OEM for about $430 not fitted

jl88rl
20-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey, i talked to chris from IS Motors and he said that a few ppl called him regarding the euror grill last week.

He quoted me $200 altogether.. How many others are getting one ?

baboo
20-02-2006, 09:58 AM
thats cheap

ngupil
20-02-2006, 10:53 AM
for that price i reckon that is a replica

Gerald28
20-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I ordered the Euro R grille about two months ago.....just waiting for it to arrive...

He quoted me $200 for the grille
$150 for the Bonnet and Grille Trim in body Colour.

me_kevinly
20-02-2006, 11:56 AM
is that including the colour coded trims?

Chris_F
20-02-2006, 12:03 PM
is it including jdm radiator cover?

me_kevinly
20-02-2006, 12:04 PM
good question chris
i forgoten about that

Tobster
20-02-2006, 12:20 PM
for that price i reckon that is a replica
I very much doubt anyone would bother to replicate an OEM grille -- it's just honeycombed plastic and the low demand wouldn't justify the cost of setting up the mould.

EuroAccord13
20-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Merging Them...:)

PERTH_EURO
20-02-2006, 01:04 PM
does that include badge?

$430 for the whole lot from honda, with full wrty, badge, radiator cover, bonnet trim ect starts to look like a reasonable price.

Entity
21-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey, i talked to chris from IS Motors and he said that a few ppl called him regarding the euror grill last week.

He quoted me $200 altogether.. How many others are getting one ?

for that price i wouldn't mind getting one.

I ordered the Euro R grille about two months ago.....just waiting for it to arrive...

He quoted me $200 for the grille
$150 for the Bonnet and Grille Trim in body Colour.

so $350 and it will get me the grille aswell as the radiator panel and the entire chrome surround colour coded to my car?

i'm up for that.

only question i have: is the euro R grille the same as the mugen grille?
only other question i have: seems like a few people have gotten their grilles done by ISmotorracing but does anyone have a picture of the outcome and whether its a nice fit? i've seen some photos where the fit was off.

aleksandrov
21-02-2006, 11:36 PM
for that price i wouldn't mind getting one.

so $350 and it will get me the grille aswell as the radiator panel and the entire chrome surround colour coded to my car?

i'm up for that.

only question i have: is the euro R grille the same as the mugen grille?
only other question i have: seems like a few people have gotten their grilles done by ISmotorracing but does anyone have a picture of the outcome and whether its a nice fit? i've seen some photos where the fit was off.

Mine fits perfectly. I'm still getting around to posting a picture.

I don't have the coloured bonnet trim, but I'm thinking of getting it. I'm afraid that if I do that I will end up also replacing the chrome trim around the door windows with black trim, and the chrome door handles with the dark chrome from the new Euro Sport.

kam
21-02-2006, 11:49 PM
this thread should be stickied...

Tobster
22-02-2006, 09:06 AM
is the euro R grille the same as the mugen grille?

No. The Mugen is a metal mesh grille which is deeper. The EuroR grille (for the 03-05) is black plastic honeycomb.

Aratahu
22-02-2006, 01:24 PM
A replacement grill sounds like a great idea, would love to see anyone with a black Euro 03-05 with it the EuroR one post a pic! :)

Entity
22-02-2006, 04:21 PM
but I just noticed an Australian Euro where the Mugen grille obviously isn't a clean fit and that whole radiator cover change-over becomes important again.
Have a look at

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7710

I love the mesh grille but I hate the gap!

in the first photo there is a huge gap because his bonnet is open... in the second photo u can tell the gap is alot smaller but i can see what you mean when you say its not a perfect fit because obviously there still looks like a 1cm gap between the top of the grille and the bonnet.

either way i had a comparo myself and i agree, the mugen grille does look better than the euro-R grille...

the reason i dont like the euro-r grille as much is because it comes with a space for the chrome "H" badge and i wanted to get rid of that

anyway mugen seems to offer two grilles:
1) http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/mugen/mugen_tsx_sports_front_grill_new.jpg
2) http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/mugen/mugen_tsx_frontgrill.jpg

it seems the first one might be for the 06 euros since it doesn't have the chrome strip on top?

anyway i think the mugen one looks 'cleaner' without an obligation to still put the chrome H at the front:

euro-R: http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-1408381693991_1886_21166322

Entity
28-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Bumping this thread...

nobody is posting photos of the job they got done at ismotor racing :(

snYpz
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
just curious...im thinking about painting the chrome on the grille as well...i have a pearl red euro lux...anyone else done it? any pics? :D

cheers

Suntzu
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok. Just got a quote from IS motorsport. Im happy with the pricing. $250 for grill and inner cover.

BUT I looked atthe Euro sport ( i have a normal 05 red standard) and it does have the color coded lower surround but no upper grill surround , just grill.

see http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1059/105901_2mg.jpg

OK, MY car has a large chrome surround around it and the top also.

see http://www.roadtester.com.au/images/cars/September%2010/pscEURO1.jpg

Question: Can I pull of my upper chrome surround and just order the lower surround colour coded from IS Motor sports?

BusterSonic12
08-06-2007, 04:26 PM
i have the 06 euroR grille myself on the 06 euro lux..
in the photo, that is a 06, but your euro is 05, i reckon you should just get the 05 euro R grille.

Ok. Just got a quote from IS motorsport. Im happy with the pricing. $250 for grill and inner cover.

BUT I looked atthe Euro sport ( i have a normal 05 red standard) and it does have the color coded lower surround but no upper grill surround , just grill.

see http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1059/105901_2mg.jpg

OK, MY car has a large chrome surround around it and the top also.

see http://www.roadtester.com.au/images/cars/September%2010/pscEURO1.jpg

Question: Can I pull of my upper chrome surround and just order the lower surround colour coded from IS Motor sports?

Suntzu
10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
OK,

What im asking is can I remove my existing 2005 Chrome Grill trim and install the IS Motorsport supplied 05 Euro-R grill and colour coded grll trims?? To make it look like this:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5640/dsc02064gk.jpg

At the moment my grill is all chrome but i can order the colour coded trim peices for $75 each?

Otherwise if I can remove them I may be able to get them painted i guess?

yfin
10-06-2007, 11:00 AM
If you have the 05 you need the colour coded grill and the colour coded hood (bonnet) cover.

You can't just remove your chrome hood cover as you will see holes in the bonnett where the trim used to be.

So check with IS whether they are supplying both the grill and the trim.

As for the "inner cover" are you talking about the radiator cover? I have said this many times but you don't need the Euro R radiator cover (costs about $50). You can cut a very small section of your stock plastic radiator cover and no one will notice. Takes about 2 minutes.

Suntzu
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok cool. I did some extra searching and it looks like I can either get the colour coded trim ordered for 2x $75 on top of the $250 for the grill and inner cover. Or i can remove the two chrome bits, get them sprayed and have them refitted. prob cost the same.

Heres what I got via email

All genuine parts from Honda Japan.

Honda Accord Euro R Front Grill $150
Honda Accord Euro R Grill inner cover $100
Honda Accord Euro R Bonnet Trim $75 (Colour Coded)
Honda Accord Euro R Grill Trim $75 (Colour Coded)
Honda Accord Euro R Front Badge $50

Generally most people will change just the Front grill and inner cover which is $250 im told.

So baically yeah Im getting the 4 first items I think, but are you saying I dont need the "inner cover' ???

yfin
10-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok cool. I did some extra searching and it looks like I can either get the colour coded trim ordered for 2x $75 on top of the $250 for the grill and inner cover. Or i can remove the two chrome bits, get them sprayed and have them refitted. prob cost the same.

Heres what I got via email

All genuine parts from Honda Japan.

Honda Accord Euro R Front Grill $150
Honda Accord Euro R Grill inner cover $100
Honda Accord Euro R Bonnet Trim $75 (Colour Coded)
Honda Accord Euro R Grill Trim $75 (Colour Coded)
Honda Accord Euro R Front Badge $50

Generally most people will change just the Front grill and inner cover which is $250 im told.

So baically yeah Im getting the 4 first items I think, but are you saying I dont need the "inner cover' ???

I wouldn't spray - it will not look factory perfect like the Honda parts. To explain those items - well the grill is the grill of course.

The inner cover can only be seen when you open the bonnet - it is the plastic piece that covers the radiator and headlights. $100 is a riiipppppp... Last time I checked Honda in Australia had stock of this item for $48. I would just cut the stock one you have where the bonnet release is. It is very easy to do and that way you can open the bonnet without changing to the Euro R cover.

The Euro R bonnet trim is the blue strip you see on my bonnet below.

The grill trim is the blue surrounding the grill - if you don't get this it will look black.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/yfin/IMG_3471.jpg

Suntzu
10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
OK I think I got it.

Order the grill itself, and the two color trim pieces but nOT the radiator cover. I can mod this correct?

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7070/eurorgrillbc9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BusterSonic12
10-06-2007, 03:55 PM
^ anyone got a red H badge on the rear? how does it look on the euro? any pics anyone?

yfin
10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
OK I think I got it.

Order the grill itself, and the two color trim pieces but nOT the radiator cover. I can mod this correct?

Correct - save yourself $100 and mod it.

Suntzu
10-06-2007, 04:46 PM
You guys are awesome thanks. Ordering on Tuesday. Then my Tein SS then hopefully some full hondata action. If not the KN CAI and ebay headers for me !

MWAKU
02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
anyone know where to get mugen replica grill for 03 - 05?

marquee
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
anyone know where to get mugen replica grill for 03 - 05?

Yer I need one too can't find it any where

Fredoops
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Mugen is out of production methinks

but there are similar rep's on the internet
eBay it.

MWAKU
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Ebay aint the answer to everything, and im pretty sure u can still get genuine mugen from jdmconcept. anyways, only reps on ebay are the shitty euroR which look like balls with the wierd top half

ive sourced out some shop that sells mugen front grill, but ahhh, they aint replying to me

Fredoops
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
theres always this for the pre facelift
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ACURA-04-05-TSX-ACCORD-CL7-CL9-FRONT-GRILL-MESH-GRILLE-/250867205556?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a68d9c5b4

and something like this for the post facelift
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Acura-TSX-Accord-Euro-R-06-07-08-Mesh-Grill-Grille-/140559661481?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ba0239a9

MWAKU
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM
mmm read my post, the only ones on ebat are the shitty euro-R type ones, its just a peice of mesh around a stock size grill frame. it looks like shit. the top is ****ed u can see it if u look straight at it

the mugen grill differs as it has a fatter bottom and looks, imo, better

this is the grill im looking for, im not sure if u can tell the difference or not, but there is a difference

http://www.srsauto.com/main/images/uploads/Honda/Accord%20Euro%2003-05/Front%20grille%2004-05%20installed.jpg

Fredoops
08-08-2011, 11:16 PM
cant tell from that pic sorry

marquee
08-08-2011, 11:51 PM
377 for a lifeboat grill might see if can get from Japan anyone git the part number for mugen grill and window visor pre face lift cl9

Lazarus
09-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm planning to buy a mugen grill in the near future, don't quite get what the difference is between these two.....

http://www.nengun.com/mugen/aerodynamics-accord-euro-r-cl7-cl8-cl9

http://www.nengun.com/mugen/aerodynamics-accord-accord-euro-r-cl7-cl8-cl9-with-hid

I would assume i'd need the one with hid but...hmmmmmm

MWAKU
09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
first one is pre facelift, the second one is facelift, just the second is on a mugen kitted euro. u can tell its facelift tho cause of the headlights and the hood