PDA

View Full Version : Injen CAI for Accord Euro

Tiago
15-06-2005, 07:10 PM
i understand that there has been extensive talk and discussion about the CAI by injen for the Accord Euro. BUT would anyone kindly direct me to any Australian Sellers because i am not fond of overseas buying. Plz correct me if im wrong about purchasing it from Australian dealers instead of US dealers
thanx

stephen8512
15-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Tiago.
I understand just how you feel man. I was reluctant about buying overseas and I'm not fond of my credit card numbers being flown all over the internet. But PAYPAL and BIDPAY are 2 payment options which you use on EBAY and with 65 million + pple paying with paypal and bidpay, i think its pretty safe and secure. I bought my Injen CAI from EBAY.
I never bought anything on ebay over 100 bucks until I bought the INJEN. It was the best decision I made because now i love drivin the euro. ask anyone here who owns one and they'll know what im talkin about

But as for you tryin to source one here in Oz, i'm not too sure if they sell INJEN products here in oz fo you to buy. I remember a trader in the traders section selling INJEN CAI's for the DC5R. Do a search and you should get the trader.
If you're not fond of getting stuff overseas off the internet, you can always get the K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake from Oz. THis is avail. here and will cost you just about the same an INJEN and it sounds mean as just like the INJEN. Gains on the K&N are more or less the same as that on the INJEN

hope that helps in your decision making :D :thumbsup: good to see you're looking at investing in a CAI. trust me its a worthwhile mod for your car. guaranteed.

Ferrarista
15-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Ebay has one for $219 USD, is that a good price ($290 AUD) + Shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7979734343&category=38634&sspagename=WDVW

Sulley
15-06-2005, 07:50 PM
i was apprehensive about buying from overseas too..but i eventually did.
I did a search around..Aussie prices for an Injen would be ard $550 and that's a pretty big difference.
I got mine landed for close to $400.
Try ordering from Kurama Motor on EBay, i paid by Bidpay...and they ship it pretty fast, they even changed the declared amt to $100 just incase i get taxed.

Pum[Z]
15-06-2005, 08:25 PM
As the above ppl said it is pretty hard to get injen seller within Australia. If u do find one it is probably marked up and u have to pay more because u r going through the middleman...

Bite the bullet and save urself some money and buy it from a trusted seller through ebay to get best value... If not PM Stephen or Sulley and i'm pretty sure they can give the seller that sold them their injen...

Trust us its worth doing it to get a CAI... Its just bloody awesome...

Tiago
15-06-2005, 09:17 PM
hahaha thanks guys u have given me alot more courage then i need
i am certainly going to get the Injen CAI.
Just one more thing...instead of using paypal...do u think it is safe to deposit money in their bank account or is that out of the question?wat is safer? credit card threw paypal or depositing money in their account...
thanks Much appreciated

jolt
15-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Paypal is much safer because they have built in security measures and ways to resolve disputes if they should occur. Depositing money directly into their account provides you with no recourse whereas with the credit card and Paypal you have those institutions working for you if you have any trouble.

There's also a good chance Paypal will be cheaper too as your bank will charge a fee for performing the telegraphic transfer anyway.

I've used Paypal a number of times when buying things from the USA and Asia without any problems, including my Injen intake kit!! Just buy it and you'll never regret it!! :D

regards
Rod

Tiago
15-06-2005, 09:50 PM
thanx alot jolt i shall do sooo.........

quangsta
16-06-2005, 01:20 AM
just wondering, we dont get taxed for being 'new' products from overseas??...or is it just from america or how does it work...i want to buy an injen cai aswell but scared taxes and stamp duty etc etc will eat...cheers

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 01:40 AM
I got my KN from ebay. arrived in 2 weeks max.

However i still havent put it on. are the low revs really bad when u guys got CAI, can u even feel the loss ?

Tobster
16-06-2005, 10:31 AM
just wondering, we dont get taxed for being 'new' products from overseas??...or is it just from america or how does it work...i want to buy an injen cai aswell but scared taxes and stamp duty etc etc will eat...cheers

Australia now has a free trade agreement with the US (note: not Canada) so there shouldn't be any duty to pay. You shouldn't have to pay any local (US) tax either.

We also have a free trade agreement with Thailand, which is why the other Accord got a big discount recently -- it's made in Thailand so there's no duty on those cars now. The Euro comes from Japan, so there's duty.

PERTH_EURO
16-06-2005, 12:25 PM
both mine and stephens Injens arrived last month amd we both payed about $400 landed, no tax.

if u are prepared to pay me a premium i will asume the risk and order ur injen in from the states for you!!

Tobster
16-06-2005, 02:29 PM
THats not true.

It's not free trade for everything. There is still 10% custom's duty and 10% GST for autoparts.

I don't know for certain but if you look at

http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/negotiations/us_fta/outcomes/12_automotive.html

it says:

"Australia's tariffs on all other automotive goods, in particular car parts and commercial vehicles, will be eliminated from day one of the Agreement."

The Agreement started on 1 January 2005.

It depends obviously on the source of the goods, but there shouldn't be anything to pay on goods from the US...

aaronng
16-06-2005, 02:42 PM
From the FTAUS documents, it states that the goods have to be last processed/manufactured in US to qualify. So if Injen is ACTUALLY made in US, no problem.

kam
16-06-2005, 02:46 PM
You can go into any autobarn stores with the id number of the K&N intake, and they can order it in for you. not too sure about the injen tho...

genk-jomblo
23-06-2005, 07:10 AM
correction:
10% duty NO LONGER APPLY (for any stuffs with 'US made')

but 10% GST still apply for transaction > AU$500 (with the shipping)

<AU$500 (after shipping) ==> no more costs.

cheers

BLKCRX
23-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Importing anything can be tricky…
Typically before 2005 there was 15% import tax plus 10% GST… on top of the shipping costs, then for each custom clearance there is a fee of 50 – 100$ for someone to classify the goods, this free still exits ;)

Not all things come in import tax free the goods must be made and solely produced in the united states, and have that stated in the invoice, if that’s the case the 15% import tax is dismissed, although you still need to pay the custom fee for classify the goods as tax free and then GST on the top of everything.

Regards James

me_kevinly
31-08-2005, 05:44 PM
hi guys
for those who have the Injen CAI
can you please tell me Approx how heavy it weights including the packaging??
and approx wot dimensions of the packaging?

stephen8512
31-08-2005, 06:39 PM
mine wasnt that heavy....somewhere between 8-15kgs
remember, it also has air in the box as well
the cardboard INJEN box is about....hm...about 1m long, 40cm high and 40cm deep

me_kevinly
31-08-2005, 07:21 PM
OMG i serious that it weight 8kg??
that heavy ??
i was planning to bring it back home when i go to US two weeks lata

PERTH_EURO
02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/647000-647999/647693_137_full.jpgThats mine as it arrived.
Not sure of weight, but gives you an idea of size.

EuroAccord13
02-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey you got the Numberplate cover too... Does it fit?

My K&N Typhoon CAI was externally wrapped in another box with all the soft stuffing and it weighed around 5-8kg too from memory so I guess the InJen unit would be similar

PERTH_EURO
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
numberplate surround doesn't fit my slimline plates
Don't think id use it anyway

jl88rl
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
8kgs ??

No way, it only looks big. My little sister could carry it up with one hand so imagine that.

me_kevinly
03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
it should weight ard 5kg
i asked HA~