PDA

View Full Version : Need advice... first car :) - new member

mugen21
15-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey ppl! :wave:
i recently bought a 1994 integra gsi for my first car :) and am looking to start some serious modifying. ;)
ive got plans for interior styling and the exterior :rolleyes: ... but need a little advice on were to start with the engine :confused: ... zorst... bla bla bla... a good starting point to keep progressively adding power.
Stage 1:........?
.........?
.........?
Stage 2:etc...
please be detailed as im a bit thick :)

thank yall for takeing ya time to help me
peace

spetz
15-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey welcome...
I think your best bet to start off would be swapping engines or I think possibly only heads to make it into VTEC. Apparently putting B16A heads gives pretty good gains.

As far as exhaust etc is concerned, I think with Honda it's best to go for branded (read: expensive) stuff as I heard usually they go backwards in power

quangsta
15-06-2005, 09:45 PM
there a 'bang for ur buck' thread if ur looking for power gains..just seek and u will find ;)

kousoku
15-06-2005, 10:12 PM
lol,
get cai,
headers
cat back
power fc
done.

sharky
16-06-2005, 12:15 AM
power fc isnt made for B18B non vtec, only vtec models and this is where your gonna hit many walls when trying to mod your GSi, i know im going through it! It depends on what you want to do with your car in the long run and of course how much you realistically want to spend. The GSi has a lot lower compression than their vtec counterparts which makes them good to put a turbo kit onto but that will cost you around $5000-6000 to a for good, tuned engine running around 9 - 12 psi. Thats not including a suspension upgrade, or brakes which to be sade i would do.

To answer your question:

Stage 1: Headers, cat back, pod filter, wheels and possibly springs
Stage 2: HD clutch, lightened flywheel, ECU, larger injectors, larger fuel pump, coilovers
Stage 3: If you get here you'll know what you will want to do

sharky
16-06-2005, 12:20 AM
oh and making it into vtec option is a lot more complicated than most think, not worth the money IMO. Might as well buy a vtiR of Type R. The GSi engine, despite what a lot of ppl on here may think, is a damn good solid base engine and has a lot of potential but it will cost money (a lot of money) to reach its peak. As long as you've got the cash look into manufacturers such as Skunk2 or AEM, they make engine upgrades for the GSi.

Q_ball
16-06-2005, 12:50 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12128
try this thread to giv u some ideas...