PDA

View Full Version : oil catch can tube/hose...

NTR16N
15-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey guyz... just wondering if anyone knows where to get extra hose/tube thingy so i can extend the or relocate the oil catch can...

Its that clear garden hose tube that has that mesh and is heat resistant/coated that runs from catch can back and forth...

I wanna buy it seperately and cut to length. Have tried bunnings, hardware stores, supercheap and performance shops... where can i get some??

sivic
15-06-2005, 08:32 PM
are there Clark Rubber stores in Sydney? if so try them. i know that where we can get it here

bennjamin
15-06-2005, 09:01 PM
yup try clark rubber , Bunnings Warehouse or your local hardware shop - look for Pool hosing ( for the internal pumps etc ) .

weezer
16-06-2005, 08:47 AM
yup try clark rubber , Bunnings Warehouse or your local hardware shop - look for Pool hosing ( for the internal pumps etc ) .

Is that all it is??? lol I've been looking some of this stuff but had no idea what its called

NTR16N
16-06-2005, 02:12 PM
pool hosing?? would that take extreme heat though... i actually asked the guyz at bunnings and the hardware store and they go they only have garden hoses and this wouldnt take heat...

i felt all their tubes and it did feel like they would just melt...
ill try clark rubber though... and go to another bunnings!! argHHH

thanks guyz... c how i go

bennjamin
16-06-2005, 02:18 PM
oil catch can hosing...dosent take "extreme heat" - it only takes slightly heated air mixted with oil vapour .
The piping i speak of is internally bound ( with fibres) it shouldnt crack and wont deform.

sivic
16-06-2005, 03:10 PM
haha. yeah its not taking much heat. its only gases going through which arent that hot. its not as though it has hot oil running though it. just make sure you dont route it near the exhaust manifold. but if you worried about heat go to repco and get some 9-10mm fuel hose:thumbsup:

NTR16N
17-06-2005, 12:20 AM
yup internally bound... thats what im talkin abt...

im not sure so much about extreme heat... but you myte aswell get the best... it is under the bonnet... thanks guyz!! appreciated :D

dundas
17-06-2005, 10:56 PM
i just got sum stuff from sprint auto parts-- (autopart store) cost 6$ a meter good stuff- ^_^ not all pretty coloured etc though.. but all good hahahaha-=

NTR16N
19-06-2005, 10:11 PM
i just got sum stuff from sprint auto parts-- (autopart store) cost 6$ a meter good stuff- ^_^ not all pretty coloured etc though.. but all good hahahaha-=

hahaha kewl.. but it wuldnt help much if ur from adelaide... :p

Tiago
19-06-2005, 11:26 PM
clark rubber....paramatta rd ashfield.

flyhonda
20-06-2005, 01:04 AM
yea when i was looking at a few catch cans on ebay, that looked like normal water hosing! so it wont burn up or anything?