PDA

View Full Version : Good places in melb to get an install done

_Daniel
15-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Looking to get my MB Quartz 6.5" Splits put into a DC2R
and I'll also need both my amps wired up too

anyone know of a good place in Melbourne (pref around SE) and how much they charge?

chan
15-06-2005, 11:23 PM
in ur garage
it will only cost u the cost of material and countless weekend once u r addicted to car audio.

sula99
16-06-2005, 12:04 AM
and will also cost u good quality sound if u dont know what you're doin.

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Really nice call sula. totally agree. If u have no idea dun follow the manual. Dont buy good audio and then break it by saving a couple hundred to put it in.

J-MuN
16-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Try Tower Audio in Oakleigh. They do very professional jobs. If u know where Hungry Jacks are in

Oakleigh, its across the road, on the other side of Princes Hwy.

bakaduo
02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread guys, but i'm new to the whole car audio setup, but is it hard to setup, or should i send it to get professionally setup? looking for a place on the west side...sunshine/footscray area?

tRipitaka
02-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread guys, but i'm new to the whole car audio setup, but is it hard to setup, or should i send it to get professionally setup? looking for a place on the west side...sunshine/footscray area?
if you know what to do, looked up DIYs etc. save yourself some money and do it yourself..

if not, don't risk it.. take it to a professional.. and they should have some sort of warranty for peace of mind.

EGB18CT
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
look at caraudioaustralia.com ull find all the info to install them tere pretty easy and ud have to be stupid to really stuff them up, but if u still want to get others to install them id recommend either gl pro sound in niddrie or tower audio melton or oakleigh

bungsai
02-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Try an install yourself...just dont CUT or do anything irreversable that cannot be replaced cheaply, like door trims etc.

It'll teach you a lot about your car.

If you screw it up, take it to a car audio store and get them to fix it.

m3ntAL_l2
02-10-2006, 06:50 PM
the worst is probly blown ur fuses, which is 20cent to replace.

Kerdze
02-10-2006, 07:18 PM
try gary's car audio, i fink they r orite..

ICACHA
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
look at caraudioaustralia.com ull find all the info to install them tere pretty easy and ud have to be stupid to really stuff them up

in all honesty, do you really think installers are giving out free information on forums?

i only give out enough for someone to get out of trouble, not how to install something themselves... oh, and you really think the UN-qualified children on the forums are smart enough to know every car that is out there and how to do what us "professionals" are doing on a daily basis? :wave:

EGB18CT
02-10-2006, 08:03 PM
it doesnt take a brain surgeon to install some splits, all u need is a multimeter to test wires and just simply mount them in, heck if u even know the polarity of the 2 wires and are using stock cable then how much easier can it get, or if they dont fit possibly some spacers. There is more than enough info out there on how to install them.

i never mentioned that professional installers are giving advice, but hey some mite, its up to u on what info u trust.

move along with helping this guy out....

ICACHA
02-10-2006, 08:16 PM
arent you the gentleman, cant help him here with audio in "our audio section" so you refer him elsewhere.

oh well, it looks like you didn't know much about car audio installations anyway otherwise you would of helped :p

Kiwi
02-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey we all know installing speakers isnt rocket science, but we paid a lot for our cars and why would we want to mess around with door trims etc.

Ive installed heaps of gear in my time and I've got no problems connecting it all up, but I dont want to mess around with the door trims on my 2 week old Accord. Pay an installer you know well $100 odd and you know that you'll have no problems.

If I had an older car I'd have no hesitation doing it myself. So just weigh it all up and make up your own mind :)

destrukshn
02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey we all know installing speakers isnt rocket science, but we paid a lot for our cars and why would we want to mess around with door trims etc.

Ive installed heaps of gear in my time and I've got no problems connecting it all up, but I dont want to mess around with the door trims on my 2 week old Accord. Pay an installer you know well $100 odd and you know that you'll have no problems.

If I had an older car I'd have no hesitation doing it myself. So just weigh it all up and make up your own mind :)
you SHOULD have no problems.
just make sure, it's a reputable place.
even saying that, i know of some places that alot of people think they do good jobs, but they don't.
=/

DC5TYPER
04-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Shops dont fit your car audio gear. People do. Thats why you meet up with the installers and chat with them on about how they are going to install the speakers and at what price. Just connecting splits and chucking them in doesnt mean they gonna sound good, thats how NOOBS think, There is a shit load more to sound then wiring in speakers and bolting it in. To get the max out of any speaker being 20 or 2000 dollars you would need deadening, thicker then stock wiring, proper amp power and install, and possibly baffles etc.