PDA

View Full Version : stuck in reverse cvt7speed

hvtis04
16-06-2005, 08:51 PM
hi all, i experienced a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it aswell.
I started the car put in reverse and put handbrake down and the car wouldn't reverse so i excelarated and i felt the back of the car rise and made a click noise coming from the rear, so i put the gear in park and then went back to reverse and it then was fine. The car is less then 1 year old 2004 vtis jazz.

Thanks guys

Andys
16-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Sounds like exactly what would happen if you didn't disengage the handbrake fully/properly..

ahcash
16-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Mine is 2005 Model and have not experience this problem.. Not sure about 04 Jazz.. perhaps the guys can comment on this..

All I find is that there is a lag when you shift the gear to "reverse" and a second or two before the car will actually moves..

If it is unusual for you.. suggest you better let them know in your next service..

devil
17-06-2005, 02:30 AM
i havent heard this on my jazz but i think i know what you're reffering to. on my other car (nissan pulsar) i heard this a few times too....its actually your rear brakes/pads/shoes still slightly sticking to the disc/drum even though u have release it. its more likely to happen especially if the handbrake was engaged over a long period of time or after rain/wash. once u move the car slightly it goes off...back to normal. but...if im wrong...someone feel free to point out. thanks. :D

D16Y
17-06-2005, 06:58 PM
ur rear wheel cylinder may be faulty, get honda to check it n replce it under warranty

FIT
17-06-2005, 07:49 PM
mines is 2002 and no problem yet

hvtis04
18-06-2005, 01:08 PM
hi guys again ive had no problem now since it happend few days ago! maybe when i was washing my tyres n wheels water could of got in.
cheers guys thanks for helping..

ACE888
18-06-2005, 02:03 PM
hi guys again ive had no problem now since it happend few days ago! maybe when i was washing my tyres n wheels water could of got in.
cheers guys thanks for helping..

you must not be living in Sydney as we have water restrictions and cannot hose/wash our cars, my Jazz now is in its 7month without a wash :( but i dont want to pay $25+ on those hand car wash either! as $25 can buy a bottle of race brake fluid hehe

ahcash
18-06-2005, 10:27 PM
you must not be living in Sydney as we have water restrictions and cannot hose/wash our cars, my Jazz now is in its 7month without a wash :( but i dont want to pay $25+ on those hand car wash either! as $25 can buy a bottle of race brake fluid hehe

7 months without a wash?? :D

Bring it to the petrol station DIY car wash... I usually do the following:

$1 for the tyres and rims soap and condition (2 mins)
$1 for the high pressure rinse and wash the rims at the end (2 mins) shinny!!
$1 for the soap brush (2 mins) but brush thru the car again...
$1 high pressure rinse to wash the soap away
$1 for the shinny coat and spotless dry

After wash.. go drive around for 5 mins.. and it will be 80% dry.. the rest.. use your cloth..

a bit off topic here.. :D :D

Zimp13
19-06-2005, 10:55 AM
just get a gurnie (dunno right spelling or not).... water pressure like karcher... i think legally can use that..... cos same as the car wash ones... nowadays some of them are very very cheap....

hvtis04
19-06-2005, 08:43 PM
yes i do live in sydney LOL :wave:

ACE888
19-06-2005, 11:51 PM
just get a gurnie (dunno right spelling or not).... water pressure like karcher... i think legally can use that..... cos same as the car wash ones... nowadays some of them are very very cheap....

I have those hi-pressure hose things, I bought it specifically to use to wash my Jazz......... I read that normal garden hoses does not remove dirt,dust enough whereas the hi-pressure hose removes much more and hence less likely of causing marks on the car when u wash it.

Now they have this Stage 3 Water restrictions and they said "No hosing of hard surface including motor vehicles at any time"

My understanding is those car wash businesses have applied for exemption permits from Sydney Water so they can still hose cars, that is, if they cant hose cars their business will be doomed, so thats why they can still use them.

ACE888
19-06-2005, 11:52 PM
yes i do live in sydney LOL :wave:

Are u washing your car in the garage where the water inspectors can't see or catch you? hehehe

spoon fit
20-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Are u washing your car in the garage where the water inspectors can't see or catch you? hehehe

how much fine if they catch u? (ot)